Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Racing Festival 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Cash Back was very impressive lto.
    Anyone any idea what the plan is with the runner up from that day (Zero Ten)?
    Looked like he'd come on bundles for that run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Supasundae is still 20s, 3 places with Powers.
    I anticipate only 6 going to post in this.

Your getting 2/1 against your stake for him to place when IMO he's odds on to finish in the top 3.
    Added bonus if Honeysuckle fluffs her lines and he wins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am Backing La Bague au Roi for the Gold Cup on Sunday, 33/1 . Mark Walsh is riding her.

1) Won at the same track and festival last year.
    2) I don't think any Cheltenham Gold Cuppers will be trying too hard. That includes all Percy wafflers and Delta Work. Given that she has to beat Kemboy, Sizing John (pleeeeeeease), Chris's Dream ( good chance ), and of course Belllshill. I reckon Bellshill will be well revved up for this one, Wylie likes a winner here and I wouldn't fancy it at Cheltenham either. Bellshill the big danger, watch out for Closutton waffles over the weekend to stretch the price, not eating up, ground etc.
    3) Uk trained so she will be definitely trying.
    4) She goes on softish ground or better, unless we get a deluge I expect decent ground.
    5) There is no chance of Mark Walsh pulling her ( even though he is one of the best in the business here), nice money for the winner and second place.
    6) If I think of anything else I will post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am Backing La Bague au Roi for the Gold Cup on Sunday, 33/1 . Mark Walsh is riding her.

2) I don't think any Cheltenham Gold Cuppers will be trying too hard. That includes all Percy wafflers and Delta Work. Given that she has to beat Kemboy, Sizing John (pleeeeeeease), Chris's Dream ( good chance ), and of course Belllshill. I reckon Bellshill will be well revved up for this one, Wylie likes a winner here and I wouldn't fancy it at Cheltenham either. Bellshill the big danger, watch out for Closutton waffles over the weekend to stretch the price, not eating up, ground etc.
    4) She goes on softish ground or better, unless we get a deluge I expect decent ground.
    5) There is no chance of Mark Walsh pulling her ( even though he is one of the best in the business here), nice money for the winner and second place.

Bellshill of interest to me too Moron
    Class horse
    went to GC last year as Ruby's pick
    Goes well at L'Town
    Race would possibly have to fall apart for it to win, but the price is very appealing
    This is a quality horse, no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Some conspiracy theories go on around here. Lads worrying about jockeys pulling a horse in the ****ing Irish Gold Cup.
    Suffering jesus.

• Advertisement

BoldReason wrote: »
    Some conspiracy theories go on around here. Lads worrying about jockeys pulling a horse in the ****ing Irish Gold Cup.
    Suffering jesus.

We're allowed take the piss in fairness.

I remember a few years ago a horse called Quel Espirit winning. A real pile a crap of a horse. Could never stay up, always falling and coming into races on the bridle and never getting up, a real punters nightmare.

Anyway I went to the bookies on the morning of the race and was told to lump on. That pile a shight won 96 grand at 5/4 and everyone seemed happy as larry. But nothing else got put in the race. It happens.

Before anyone pipes up, that yoke was back PTPing in less than 18 months, never won a course race again.

Be careful out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

We're allowed take the piss in fairness.

I remember a few years ago a horse called Quel Espirit winning. A real pile a crap of a horse. Could never stay up, always falling and coming into races on the bridle and never getting up, a real punters nightmare.

Anyway I went to the bookies on the morning of the race and was told to lump on. That pile a shight won 96 grand at 5/4 and everyone seemed happy as larry. But nothing else got put in the race. It happens.

Before anyone pipes up, that yoke was back PTPing in less than 18 months, never won a course race again.

Be careful out there.

Was in the bookies last year the day Tiger Roll won at something like 25/1

Saw it on the board, saw the price, said "no way that's running"
    ignored it

Mate of mine, wouldn't know a gelding from Shetland, he saw the price, he knew the name, he backed it.........20 quid........
    I laughed at him

The rest.....is history

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

that mare isnt in love with the game anymore in my opinion . finished.

akelly02 wrote: »

She's the only thats going to be trying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

She's the only thats going to be trying though.

Yea in a grade 1 worth over 100 grand .

the rest will be smoking fags out the back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Margate

d00mk1n wrote: »

let him retire he owes them nothing

akelly02 wrote: »

At the prices I am prepared to take the angle that she has been on the easy list for a while. She was an AP favourite for the RSA this time last year. I would not write her off just yet.

She may turn out to be regressive, but at the prices...

Supasundae is still 20s, 3 places with Powers.
    I anticipate only 6 going to post in this.

Your getting 2/1 against your stake for him to place when IMO he's odds on to finish in the top 3.
    Added bonus if Honeysuckle fluffs her lines and he wins.

Who do you think won't run?
    May get third, but unlikely imo. Definitely not anywhere near odds on. Hard to see him finishing ahead of honeysuckle, sharjah or Petit mouchoir on current form. If they all run, he's not odds on to be placed if there's only 4 runners.

Bellshill of interest to me too Moron
    Class horse
    went to GC last year as Ruby's pick
    Goes well at L'Town
    Race would possibly have to fall apart for it to win, but the price is very appealing
    This is a quality horse, no doubt

Don't know where you're getting the goes well at Leopardstown from.
    One win from 6 starts there in a four horse race.
    Better right handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Don't know where you're getting the goes well at Leopardstown from.
    One win from 6 starts there in a four horse race.
    Better right handed.

Anything catch anyone's eye in the handicaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I think La bague au roi aint the horse she was and will find it tough to get involved this weekend.
    What's with the booking of Walsh? Hardly renowned for his aggressive riding on bold front runners?
    Would Rachel not be a better fit? I'm guessing Puppy keeps the ride on Chris's dream? Has Willie booked her for one of his?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Whiplash85 wrote: »

Galvin looks on a fair mark of 140. Reached something like 143 or144 over hurdles but always looked like he'd be a chaser in time.
    Fell first time out at Galway before 2 encouraging races where he looked like a long term project but still finished close to some decent horses.
    Only issue I have before my bet is his mark could be too nice for Gordon to ignore for Cheltenha even allowing for the 3 or 4 pound he's sure to receive for the trip over.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

At the prices I am prepared to take the angle that she has been on the easy list for a while. She was an AP favourite for the RSA this time last year. I would not write her off just yet.

She may turn out to be regressive, but at the prices...

Anibale Fly is a tiddle for me at 50s.

Earendil wrote: »
    Anibale Fly is a tiddle for me at 50s.

Why is Mark Walsh not riding him ?

• Advertisement

Doh, cause Geraghty is , forget I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Because Barry Geraghty is Moron!

Sorry...I did see your self correction, but couldn't resist that reply :pac:

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Who do you think won't run?
    May get third, but unlikely imo. Definitely not anywhere near odds on. Hard to see him finishing ahead of honeysuckle, sharjah or Petit mouchoir on current form. If they all run, he's not odds on to be placed if there's only 4 runners.

Ballycaine, Saglawy, Apples Jade, Monsieur Lecoq, Darver Star.
    Also have a feeling one of other Mullins trio will drop out.

Supasundae has the best form in the book. Sure he beat Buever D'air after chasing him home 8 months ago.
    He has beaten Petit Mouchoir every time they've met.
    Sharjah looks better for sure. I don't think he'll beat Honeysuckle.
    Also, he hasn't been injured so no concerns in that regard, this has been mooted as the plan a long way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Us and them in the 2 mile, but im kind of hoping he just has a nice run out to get him ready for winning grand annual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

Lads going Saturday (noob) never been so i know slightly off topic but are there lots of ATM machines around and / or cashback facility if none available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

davehey79 wrote: »
    Lads going Saturday (noob) never been so i know slightly off topic but are there lots of ATM machines around and / or cashback facility if none available

Not sure about the racecourse, but Central Park has a Centra that has an ATM in it, and there's an Ulster bank ATM up towards the Clayton too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Usually one of them Bank Of Ireland vans there in the racecourse with 4 or 5 ATMs attached to them. There is at Xmas so I'd assume the DRF will be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

A Plus Tard
    Castlegrace Paddy
    Chacun Pour Soi
    Cilaos Emery
    Duc Des Genievres
    Min
    Ordinary World
    Ornua

Decs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

madmoose wrote: »
    A Plus Tard
    Castlegrace Paddy
    Chacun Pour Soi
    Cilaos Emery
    Duc Des Genievres
    Min
    Ordinary World
    Ornua

Decs

Who does PT ride? :D
    Is Min gonna ride?

Looking forward to Ordinary World having a nice spin out the back :cool:

• Advertisement

Ballycaine, Saglawy, Apples Jade, Monsieur Lecoq, Darver Star.
    Also have a feeling one of other Mullins trio will drop out.

Supasundae has the best form in the book. Sure he beat Buever D'air after chasing him home 8 months ago.
    He has beaten Petit Mouchoir every time they've met.
    Sharjah looks better for sure. I don't think he'll beat Honeysuckle.
    Also, he hasn't been injured so no concerns in that regard, this has been mooted as the plan a long way out.

4 of the those 5 have been declared :pac:

Advertisement