Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Racing Festival 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

honestly fuuck the percy , im sick of listening to it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

akelly02 wrote: »

Lump on the Percy akelly.theres a pay day coming.all in.
    GO ON THE PERCY

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Lump on the Percy akelly.theres a pay day coming.all in.
    GO ON THE PERCY

Where ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Where ?

Hes going for a handicap hurdle in kilbeggan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Yep,and I think Davy Russell might regret staying so loyal to him especially in light of the Kennedy injury.

• Advertisement

Where ?

Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭Motivator

GO ON THE PERCY.
    The plan is coming together perfectly.
    Ye doubters will be eating yere straw hats yet

What plan? Schooling him in a Grade 1 Irish Gold Cup ahead of Cheltenham?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I am a Percy fan
    I am on at 16s since before Christmas
    The money is down, the bet is on
    I hope he wins,,,, but......

He won't
    I know this now.
    I won't be topping it up.

Mall Diní still a chase novice
    Percy being campaigned very strangely for 2 years now
    Maybe being borderline reclusive doesn't make you a genius after all

Cheltenham

I doubt he gets placed, on all known form it is not going to happen.

What would indicate to you that there is some sort of a masterplan happening here?

A wink from Pip Reynolds is not indicative of a 2 year long plot either, it doesn't work that way.

I doubt he gets placed, on all known form it is not going to happen.

What would indicate to you that there is some sort of a masterplan happening here?

A wink from Pip Reynolds is not indicative of a 2 year long plot either, it doesn't work that way.

Reynolds hasn’t a clue. If he did he wouldn’t have left the horse with Pat Kelly after last year’s carry on. I still don’t think he’s good enough but if I owned him and had him I’d have gotten rid of Kelly. This is a once in a lifetime sport and Reynolds might never get as close to the big time again - when you’re this close, you give yourself every chance. Is Reynolds doing that with Kelly at the moment?

• Advertisement

Motivator wrote: »
    Reynolds hasn’t a clue. If he did he wouldn’t have left the horse with Pat Kelly after last year’s carry on. I still don’t think he’s good enough but if I owned him and had him I’d have gotten rid of Kelly. This is a once in a lifetime sport and Reynolds might never get as close to the big time again - when you’re this close, you give yourself every chance. Is Reynolds doing that with Kelly at the moment?

You might have a point. But I also think that Reynolds is more than entitled to show some faith and loyalty to a trainer who has delivered him 3 Cheltenham winners in as many years.

You might have a point. But I also think that Reynolds is more than entitled to show some faith and loyalty to a trainer who has delivered him 3 Cheltenham winners in as many years.

O’Leary doesn’t show loyalty and he was getting results from Sandra Hughes, Mouse Morris and Colm Murphy. Things change and people move on all the time. Yeah Kelly delivered 3 festival winners but they’ve done some serious messing around with Presenting Percy. Kelly is proclaimed as a genius but what they did last year with the horse was utter nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

lads anybody think for supposedly good ground that everyone was giving out about, a lot of horses were finishing legless??

a lot of slowmotion finishes , horses out on their feet.

maybe its just me

It looked like a right slog up the straight, i reckon they went to quick in a lot of races probably thinking the ground was better than it was, chacan pour soi never got away from min as looked likely and i put that down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I wasn't overall impressed with that Asterion Forlonge. Crawled home

Seeing comparisons on twitter to Vautour as a novice lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Andrew00 wrote: »
    I wasn't overall impressed with that Asterion Forlonge. Crawled home

Seeing comparisons on twitter to Vautour as a novice lol

Looked to go a serious gallop early on though, looks a serious horse tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Motivator wrote: »
    Reynolds hasn’t a clue. If he did he wouldn’t have left the horse with Pat Kelly after last year’s carry on. I still don’t think he’s good enough but if I owned him and had him I’d have gotten rid of Kelly.
    That's very harsh. For a start, the horse is being trained only with Cheltenham in mind. Secondly, the way the race was run yesterday, Percy didn't have a hope. All the decent horses in the race were held up and with no pace, the race was ran in a dog slow manner that suited Delta Work best.

If we can get soft going at Cheltenham, and the odds are right, I would definitely be willing to take another chance on Percy. Cheltenham won't be run at a crawl like Leopardstown, and the stiffer finish should give the horse a much better chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Sometimes the journey is more important than the outcome. Pat Kelly and Percy have been on this journey for the past 4 years. Last year was a mess but the state of the ground and other niggles played a part on how that went.

Taking the horse from Pat Kelly would be utter madness

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That's very harsh. For a start, the horse is being trained only with Cheltenham in mind. Secondly, the way the race was run yesterday, Percy didn't have a hope. All the decent horses in the race were held up and with no pace, the race was ran in a dog slow manner that suited Delta Work best.

If we can get soft going at Cheltenham, and the odds are right, I would definitely be willing to take another chance on Percy. Cheltenham won't be run at a crawl like Leopardstown, and the stiffer finish should give the horse a much better chance.

Percy has lots of talent, practically won the RSA on the bridle. One thing he’s guaranteed in the Gold Cup is a battle and I just can’t see him coming out on top in a battle up the hill. Kemboy and Delta Work have him held on form for starters. I see people saying the extra distance will suit him but I don’t see it myself, don’t see him as a strong stayer at all. Why is he being trained with one day in mind anyway, they did that last year and he got soundly beaten, there’s plenty of big races for him to try and win all year. The horse just probably isn’t Gold Cup standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

I’m sure all you Percy fans will be having a big bet in the first at Newbury Saturday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

I wouldn't really class myself as some presenting Percy fan. Don't think I've ever backed him. But it's funny that some of the lads spouting ****e to supporters of the horse are firmly gone over the grand canyon with York Hill and he hasn't won a race worth talking about in about 3 years. Every horse has a price lads and should be treated as such in every race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I love the thought process that only one horse is being aimed at the GC in March all year.

BoldReason wrote: »
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the outcome. Pat Kelly and Percy have been on this journey for the past 4 years. Last year was a mess but the state of the ground and other niggles played a part on how that went.

Taking the horse from Pat Kelly would be utter madness

Percy kicked a rail in the saddling box in cheltenham last year and ran lame as a result.
    Another factor the anti percys tend to forget.
    There’s a pay day coming lads.dont miss the boat.
    GO ON THE PERCY

I don’t get the excuses being offered up by Presenting Percy fans. When he’s beaten every man and his dog is being offered up as to why. People are letting their heart rule their head with this horse and good money continues to follow bad with some punters. Look at the horses he will face next month; Native River, Santini, Delta Work, Lostintranslation, Kemboy and Al Boum Photo. These are all top class, hardy horses who all love a battle and a horse that can battle is what wins Gold Cups.

Denman, Native River and Synchronised were not the classiest horses in their respective Gold Cup races but they were absolute dogs when it came to the Gold Cup test. I said it last year and although Presenting Percy has had a far more conventional prep this time around, he will not win a Gold Cup. To me, there is nothing to suggest that he will and I’ll stand by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

That's very harsh. For a start, the horse is being trained only with Cheltenham in mind. Secondly, the way the race was run yesterday, Percy didn't have a hope. All the decent horses in the race were held up and with no pace, the race was ran in a dog slow manner that suited Delta Work best..

With all due respect Francie, it wasn't run in a slow manner at all. The time was faster than average.

Percy tried to kick off the bend at which stage it looked a headwind was pushing him back. He just didn't stay on as strongly as Delta Work and others. These days he's a notch off top grade. He needs others to under perform at Grade 1 level.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

BoldReason wrote: »
    I wouldn't really class myself as some presenting Percy fan. Don't think I've ever backed him. But it's funny that some of the lads spouting ****e to supporters of the horse are firmly gone over the grand canyon with York Hill and he hasn't won a race worth talking about in about 3 years. Every horse has a price lads and should be treated as such in every race.

Anyone still following YH is on crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Percy kicked a rail in the saddling box in cheltenham last year and ran lame as a result.
    Another factor the anti percys tend to forget.
    There’s a pay day coming lads.dont miss the boat.
    GO ON THE PERCY

It will never end with yis...”kicked a rail”, “not his ground” “Jupiter was not in alignment with Percitropolis that day”

I doubt he will get past Frodon. Who probably is just being trained for the one race this year.

Just Saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I doubt he will get past Frodon. Who probably is just being trained for the one race this year.

Just Saying.

Yeah, but it's not the Gold Cup ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Hare-brained: Friday plan for Dublin Racing Festival 'nonsense' says Walsh
    https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ted-walsh-friday-start-for-dublin-racing-festival-is-hare-brained/421737

I agree with Ted. The idea is crazy. People are at work, the M50 is choc-a-block, and it would be impossible to get horses out of there after racing.
    They moved eight racing days at The Curragh to Friday evenings. Traffic was mental, and it took me 2h 15m for a 45m journey. And the attendance was about three hundred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Hare-brained: Friday plan for Dublin Racing Festival 'nonsense' says Walsh
    https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ted-walsh-friday-start-for-dublin-racing-festival-is-hare-brained/421737

I agree with Ted. The idea is crazy. People are at work, the M50 is choc-a-block, and it would be impossible to get horses out of there after racing.
    They moved eight racing days at The Curragh to Friday evenings. Traffic was mental, and it took me 2h 15m for a 45m journey. And the attendance was about three hundred.

I flew over for this last friday and it was perfect the sat and sunday for everyone, should not be changed.

Advertisement