Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Racing Festival 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭blackcard

Great to be able to witness Faugheen today, thought he would never win Group 1's again. Was with someone who backed the second and he was roaring home Faugheen. Every vantage point around the parade ring was packed and he got a rousing reception. Lost a few euro today but great to be there. Is it too much to hope that he will have one final hurrah at Cheltenham?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭Motivator

Morgans wrote: »
    Point of Order. He is a Grade 1 winner.

Apologies, what I meant to say is he won’t win a proper Grade 1. IMO that RSA was piss poor and the race fell in his lap. Not in a million years is he a Gold Cup horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Be interesting to see where Easy Game goes next.

One certainly for the future given that was his first time in a Novice Chase. His rating has shot up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Keith I was thinking?

Ya good shout. Wouldny put anyone off. Top man

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ya good shout. Wouldny put anyone off. Top man

Good all the rides in Ireland. Will he get them at Cheltenham? Hard to know. You'd hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭famagusta

Heard that. Suspected broken leg. Lads having no luck with injuries.

20years old and a fourth leg break, missing ride on gold cup fav, jaysus that is tough, they're some lads in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

When Davy was out of favour with Gigginstown at the start of the season, EOL wanted Rachael on Elliott’s but GE wanted to use KOD. Not sure who’ll have final say with DW in the Gold Cup but I would personally use Rachael and I’d imagine that’s what they’ll do. Michael O’Leary’s ego would love to give a female rider a Gold Cup winner. She’s also a better jockey than KOD.

Russell was Delta’s jockey last year and maybe they’ll offer him the ride? I don’t think he’ll get off PP though. Not out of any loyalty but I honestly think they have something up their sleeve with PP. I cannot get his RSA win out of my head. Monalee is a good yardstick, Al Boum Photo, Welsh National winner, Black Corton. I could be totally wrong and I did my stones on him last year. I agree Al Boum is a completely different animal to when he ran in RSA and most likely winner but I can’t write off PP.

When Davy was out of favour with Gigginstown at the start of the season, EOL wanted Rachael on Elliott’s but GE wanted to use KOD. Not sure who’ll have final say with DW in the Gold Cup but I would personally use Rachael and I’d imagine that’s what they’ll do. Michael O’Leary’s ego would love to give a female rider a Gold Cup winner. She’s also a better jockey than KOD.

I wonder would Rachel have to ride monalee? Owners and Henry could be annoyed if she didn't?!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

famagusta wrote: »
    I wonder would Rachel have to ride monalee? Owners and Henry could be annoyed if she didn't?!

Jesus I completely forgot about him lol. I even mentioned him in the post! Yeah she’ll be on Monalee 100%. Mark Walsh might ride DW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭Motivator

Russell was Delta’s jockey last year and maybe they’ll offer him the ride? I don’t think he’ll get off PP though. Not out of any loyalty but I honestly think they have something up their sleeve with PP. I cannot get his RSA win out of my head. Monalee is a good yardstick, Al Boum Photo, Welsh National winner, Black Corton. I could be totally wrong and I did my stones on him last year. I agree Al Boum is a completely different animal to when he ran in RSA and most likely winner but I can’t write off PP.

O’Leary doesn’t do sentiment so wanting to give a female rider a Gold Cup ride is not something he would ever do. If she does ride Delta Work she will be doing so on merit because she’s riding better than anybody in the country.

Wouldn’t bother me who rides him either way, I think he’s the horse they all have to beat after today. It was a super performance and he’s put himself bang in the frame. This year’s Gold Cup could be absolutely brilliant.

• Advertisement

What do we think of Battleoverdoyen for the RSA after today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Jesus I completely forgot about him lol. I even mentioned him in the post! Yeah she’ll be on Monalee 100%. Mark Walsh might ride DW.

Ah stop the lights. If they give Walsh the ride they may just say fuxk you Keith, you're only on the yokes we don't give a ****e about.
    How often has he ridden for Gigginstown? Someone like Flanagan I could kind of understand but Mark Walsh.?Couldn't see it in a month if Sundays.

I gave him every chance for it prior to today even though I wasn't fussed on him today over this trip on the ground.
    He jumped lovely in the main but don't think I could have a last time faller that will likely be near the head of the market in a competitive race like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I would say Rachel Blackmore will be riding Monalee in the Gold Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Battleoverdoyen wants 5 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Great weekend's racing, faugheen doesn't jump very well and was surprised to see him have so much left in the tank in the straight,if he jumps well at cheltenham he will win what he likes but his technique would have me taking him on as he looked to lose momentum a few times today and cheltenham is a tougher jumping test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Why the hell did they even run him over a shorter trip on more quick ground? He should have just gone straight to the RSA before today as he had gained enough experience, annoying!!

I was on Battleoverdoyen @12s before the run in December. Was 8s before today and now out to 14s.

Small money (a score). I'll have to stick with him.

Is Champ going in the RSA?

I was on Battleoverdoyen @12s before the run in December. Was 8s before today and now out to 14s.

Small money (a score). I'll have to stick with him.

Yeah think it's his only entry. Has to be question marks over him too. It's ripe for an upset.

I think the jlt trip would suit him much better, hope he turns up in the rsa, I will be taking him on in a big way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

lads anybody think for supposedly good ground that everyone was giving out about, a lot of horses were finishing legless??

a lot of slowmotion finishes , horses out on their feet.

maybe its just me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Morgans

akelly02 wrote: »
    lads anybody think for supposedly good ground that everyone was giving out about, a lot of horses were finishing legless??

a lot of slowmotion finishes , horses out on their feet.

maybe its just me

They watered the night before. That's the danger of doing so, when there could have been more rain than they got. Certainly didnt look like good ground - a serious print being made up the straight on the chase track and as you say, horses finishing in slow motion. Havent checked what the times say.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Ground on Sunday was soft. Perfectly for NH racing. It's the 'Mon the Percy' brigade trying to say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Earendil wrote: »
    Ground on Sunday was soft. Perfectly for NH racing. It's the 'Mon the Percy' brigade trying to say otherwise.

Did you see the scraws that were flying?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am too tired to start bashing the Percywegians.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am too tired to start bashing the Percywegians.

GO ON THE PERCY.
    The plan is coming together perfectly.
    Ye doubters will be eating yere straw hats yet

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

Good article by Blake on ATR about the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

GO ON THE PERCY.
    The plan is coming together perfectly.
    Ye doubters will be eating yere straw hats yet

:D

Earendil wrote: »