Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Michelle3339

Has anyone still not got a refund yet from the august sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EAA123

Hi

To those who applied for the Hybrid course did you include the application fee of 840 when submitting your application?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

Can anyone give me guidance on company law and what topics to study and what to leave out? Or anyone have notes that I could swap for noted for other 7 subjects. any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

EAA123 wrote: »
    Hi

To those who applied for the Hybrid course did you include the application fee of 840 when submitting your application?

thanks

Yes, they look for the course fee and the application fee. 9140 total.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058141527

I made a PPC1 Hybrid thread (yes, finally), anyone on the course or looking to apply - feel free to come over here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

CMUL wrote: »
    I'm looking for Griffith college company law sample answers. I have every other topic if anyone wants to swap pm me, thanks

If you haven’t got these yet pm me your email and I’ll send

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ianmc97

EAA123 wrote: »
    Hi

thanks

I didn't send any money with it but I'm waiting on results and confirmed beforehand that I didn't need to until I got confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Law20213

Anyone hear when the next set of exam will be March as norm or April? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

I sent off the application for the Access Programme over a week ago and haven't heard any word back. Is there any cause for concern there? I feel like I should've heard back by now

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arubamuuu

Lallers96 wrote: »
    I sent off the application for the Access Programme over a week ago and haven't heard any word back. Is there any cause for concern there? I feel like I should've heard back by now

I’m pretty sure it took a couple of weeks when I applied a few years ago so I wouldn’t worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Corplawtrainee

Hi guys,

Sorry, new to the forum and people have probably asked this already, but what approximate time schedule are you all studying towards? Was hoping to do 5 five subjects and I have only got all my materials together today - starting study properly tommorow. Under my current timetable I should have everything covered well by mid-march, is that realistic or could the exams be much earlier?

I was chatting to a few people and they had said that two weeks is usually enough per subject. Is that about right? I'm doing equity, tort and constitutional in this sitting so not sure if I should also be allocating extra time for them?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

Hi guys. I’ve done a few of the FE1’s, but wonder what are people’s preferences manual wise please? trying to get one or two for the next set of exams

Anyone waiting on results for hybrid had any kind of update ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

jus_me wrote: »

I’ve spoken to them and they are saying, very apologetically, that we will have to wait until January. So all we can do is switch off and enjoy the break and hope for the best when the results come out. It is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Under my current timetable I should have everything covered well by mid-march, is that realistic or could the exams be much earlier?

I certainly don't think there's a risk of the exams being held much earlier the way things are going, so that's not something I'd be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

I got a call today saying be free for the 8th and 9th of January for Lectures they hope to have our results to us by then!

She also said that they are giving me access to the moodle in the coming days to catch up on the induction. Just got this call today unsure whether anyone else has.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

Meg! wrote: »
    I got a call today saying be free for the 8th and 9th of January for Lectures they hope to have our results to us by then!

She also said that they are giving me access to the moodle in the coming days to catch up on the induction. Just got this call today unsure whether anyone else has.

That’s weird they rang you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

Creol1 wrote: »
    I certainly don't think there's a risk of the exams being held much earlier the way things are going, so that's not something I'd be worried about.

Here's hoping they push them out to April given the reduced time both from pushing the Autumn 2020 ones out and the delay in results due to Christmas. Then any re-checks.
    Who knows, maybe we'll be in our next wave of Covid at that time. We know the Law Society won't be prepared for it as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Corplawtrainee

Fe7 wrote: »
    Here's hoping they push them out to April given the reduced time both from pushing the Autumn 2020 ones out and the delay in results due to Christmas. Then any re-checks.
    Who knows, maybe we'll be in our next wave of Covid at that time. We know the Law Society won't be prepared for it as usual.

Yeah it's just a bit frustrating, since they have the online exam systems in place now, you'd think that they could say with certainty when they would be held. Given, that the online exams aren't contingent on the covid stuation at all. Don't undersatand why there has to be such secrecy and no communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mrlawbody43

Anyone have up to date Tort grid and papers? left it late but trying to get organized before xmas... Much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

Hi guys,

Has anyone heard anything back regarding refunds from either august or November? I was speaking to someone from the law society at the start of the month and was told my refund was being processed and I should expect within two weeks.

It’s now the week before Xmas and was really hoping it would be in. No answer for the last week from the Law society (surprisingly)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Shonagoring123

123456789j wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Has anyone heard anything back regarding refunds from either august or November? I was speaking to someone from the law society at the start of the month and was told my refund was being processed and I should expect within two weeks.

It’s now the week before Xmas and was really hoping it would be in. No answer for the last week from the Law society (surprisingly)

I’m not sure about the refund side of things because I’m not waiting on one but if it’s any help to you, I do know from speaking to someone in it yesterday that they are finished up half today half tomorrow morning for Christmas so if they haven’t refunded it yet I wouldn’t hold my breath before the holidays unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

123456789j wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I didnt get a reply when I contacted them about it my refund for an exam I didnt need to sit from August was processed about two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Timetable for the next sitting now online, it's going to be held online again and in the first weeks of March.

All exams held between 10am and 1.30pm.

Tort - Tue 2nd March
    Company - Wed 3rd March
    Criminal - Thu 4th March
    EU - Fri 5th March

Equity - Tue 9th March
    Constitutional - Wed 10th March
    Contract - Thu 11th March
    Property - Fri 12th March

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Is anybody else unable to log into betterexaminations? Could someone please try and test it out. I can't get it and I was just curious to see if they had any info up for the next exams on the website just to confirm if the next sitting will be on the same website.

A bit concerned my logins don't work and resetting the password doesn't either. It's as if my account has been deleted

FE1Rookie wrote: »
    Is anybody else unable to log into betterexaminations? Could someone please try and test it out. I can't get it and I was just curious to see if they had any info up for the next exams on the website just to confirm if the next sitting will be on the same website.

A bit concerned my logins don't work and resetting the password doesn't either. It's as if my account has been deleted

Doesn’t work for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Looking to buy Constitutional notes to save me basically rewriting the manual if anybody has any!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Doesn’t work for me either

Phew. Thanks! Maybe they're using a new platform in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Hey folks, does anyone have a constitutional grid they can send me. I have good notes I can swap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Hey, Just wondering what everyone's study plan is now that the timetable has been released for March? If you're working full time how many hours of study have you roughly allocated per week between now and March?

I was lucky in my last job because I got a full month and a bit off to study so I didnt have to do much study after work prior to that time off but for my current job I'll probably just have my annual leave so I'm a bit nervous about that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement