Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Coopie wrote: »
    What’s the chances of getting results today for people wishing to start the Hybrid?!

Has anybody heard ANYTHING on the results ????

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Meg! wrote: »
    Has anybody with all 8 subjects doing the Hybrid got a timetable yet. I am waiting on a result but wouldn't mind seeing a timetable to see what the lecture timetable is like etc.

No timetable yet for the regular lectures other than whats on the law soc website but there are some on the 16/17 dec so I will update you then

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fe1BB

Coopie wrote: »
    What’s the chances of getting results today for people wishing to start the Hybrid?!

Very slim I would say.

Got an email to say that everything will be recorded and uploaded from the 16th/17th and on receipt of results you will have access to them but could not attend because you are waiting for results.

Seems like it will be January for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Law20213

That a joke that people can’t attend lectures until they have results they would never have ppc 1 in sept starting on back foot

Fe1BB wrote: »
    Very slim I would say.

Got an email to say that everything will be recorded and uploaded from the 16th/17th and on receipt of results you will have access to them but could not attend because you are waiting for results.

Seems like it will be January for everyone

Could I ask was this a general mail that was sent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Fe1BB

Could I ask was this a general mail that was sent?

No I emailed looking for information

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Would anybody be able to give advice on where to start with equity/most important topics?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

Hi folks,
    Where is best place to buy L&C Reform Act and Sucession Act.
    Regards,
    Gus

The OPW - you can call them and order the legislation over the phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

Does anyone have a physical company recent manual please? PM me. Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michaelot97

Would anybody be able to give advice on where to start with equity/most important topics?

Normally a few questions on injunctions on the exam and in November there wasn't any questions on them so I'd say they'll feature heavily in March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Lcork23

Does anyone have an up to date criminal exam grid?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bkm2020

Hi, would anyone have EU materials they could share?

Exam results are always available 6 weeks from the last exam. Anybody else’s think that’s it’s very unfair that we have to wait two extra weeks on top the normal 6 weeks window.

We should be receiving our results next week. And if you fail fe1 it will have knock on effect in terms of time of studying for the next set of exams which by the way there no timetable!

Should we start a petition for exams to be released as normal and always promised? Or does anyone have better idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Anyone optimistic Hybrid applicants may get results today haha

Is worth putting in a call to LS today ?

Is worth putting in a call to LS today ?

Tried a few times no answer any one else have any luck ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

Law20213 wrote: »
    Should we start a petition for exams to be released as normal and always promised? Or does anyone have better idea?

Great idea but it’s a bit late now, perhaps would have been more successful a couple weeks back. But it’s worth a shot. Just post the link in all the various Facebook/Boards/Reddit groups and people will sign. No harm trying if it’s worked in past.

Fe7 wrote: »
    Great idea but it’s a bit late now, perhaps would have been more successful a couple weeks back. But it’s worth a shot. Just post the link in all the various Facebook/Boards/Reddit groups and people will sign. No harm trying if it’s worked in past.[/QUOTE

These are the direct numbers for the FE1 section.

Shirley Foley - 01 881 5745 (she has left)

Danielle Green - 01 881 5730

Carmel Kearney - 01 672 4934

Fiona O’Flaherty - 01 881 5701

I would offer to ring but I think they have my number blocked at this stage !!

It is really unprofessional that they have not communicated "collectively" by email to people who are hoping to start the Hybrid, just a simple email to CONFIRM that priority will not given as previously advised.

I have been told numerous times in the previous few weeks that priority would be given to Hybrid applicants.... Does anyone have a contact inside in the Fe1 section that might let us know more ?

On a separate note I am yet to receive any communication in relation to the technical issues I had also during the exam.

Its probably too late in the day for a petition , the office will be closing for Christmas next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Email received just now, I cant paste it because it’s on work email.

Results available in January, they will give us recordings of this weeks lecture if we are successful. That’s it, no change.

I don’t think phone calls and petitions are going to achieve anything.

Spreece wrote: »

Results available in January, they will give us recordings of this weeks lecture if we are successful. That’s it, no change.

Any chance they said what the delay is with results? One would have thought after such a tough year the least we deserved was our exams results on time for Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Reya10

I got the same email. So disappointed by this because I was told by several people in LS that our results would be prioritised so we could join the course on time. I don't understand how it was possible in September but not now, presumably there are also less students in this position now than in September since the Hybrid intake is smaller.

I would agree though that I doubt their position is going to change even if we complain

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Not sure I fully get the outrage. How is a couple of weeks getting everyone so upset?

Least we know now. Let's just enjoy Christmas and worry about it in the new year.

Who was the email from?

Not sure I fully get the outrage. How is a couple of weeks getting everyone so upset?

Sent on behalf of Rory O’Boyle, PPC Hybrid Course Manager & Judith Tedders, Course Resources Executive

Dear FE-1 candidate

Thank you for submitting an application for the Hybrid PPC I 2020.

I understand that results from FE-1s which you sat in November 2020 will be available in the New Year. If you are ultimately successful in passing the FE-1s following the issuing of those results, you will be invited to join the Hybrid PPC I 2020 in January 2021. As you cannot attend induction day this Wednesday until receipt of your results, all initial will be made available to you in recorded format at that time.

As you are aware, places on the Hybrid PPC I 2020 are strictly limited to those applicants who have successfully passed FE-1s. If you are ultimately not successful in passing the FE-1s following the issuing of results of the November 2020 sitting, your application will be returned to you.

Kind regards

Rory & Judith

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

I'm not "outraged" per se but obviously the outcome of these exams will determine what exams/how many you sit in the Spring sitting, a sitting which may be around 6 weeks after the results (unless they postpone by a few weeks to give us more time but I highly doubt this will happen)

It just leaves a slightly tight turnaround between sittings and honestly, it can be hard to prepare for the next set when you've this set still hanging over you. I know not everyone is the same but I've found that for sure.

This year has been tough on everyone (some more than others, of course) so I suppose, for me anyway, I would liked to have had the results this side of Christmas, so I could put the last sitting to bed and properly focus on the next round.

I hope everyone on this thread enjoys the next few weeks and the run up to Christmas as much as possible, it's been a difficult year. Hopefully, after the Spring sitting, normal life will have resumed somewhat!

dobby896 wrote: »
    I'm not "outraged" per se but obviously the outcome of these exams will determine what exams/how many you sit in the Spring sitting, a sitting which may be around 6 weeks after the results (unless they postpone by a few weeks to give us more time but I highly doubt this will happen)

It just leaves a slightly tight turnaround between sittings and honestly, it can be hard to prepare for the next set when you've this set still hanging over you. I know not everyone is the same but I've found that for sure.

This year has been tough on everyone (some more than others, of course) so I suppose, for me anyway, I would liked to have had the results this side of Christmas, so I could put the last sitting to bed and properly focus on the next round.

I hope everyone on this thread enjoys the next few weeks and the run up to Christmas as much as possible, it's been a difficult year. Hopefully, after the Spring sitting, normal life will have resumed somewhat!

Ah I totally agree, there seems to be a constant cloud of uncertainty not only for people awaiting results for hybrid but also people awaiting results that might warrant re-checks and people awaiting exam dates for the Spring sitting . It has been a very tough year for everyone so please god 2021 will be better !! Best of luck to all starting Hybrid on Wednesday, let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CMUL

I'm looking for Griffith college company law sample answers. I have every other topic if anyone wants to swap pm me, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

Does anyone have Tort and/or Company grids they would be willing to share? Thanks so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 loosehead1973

Thanks so much

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement