Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭phildub

For those who sat the most recent online sitting, did you amend your study in line with the fact that the exams were online rather than in person??

I think we were given 2 weeks notice, I didnt change but I will for these, there was a few times throughout my exams where I wanted to scribble things down to help me remember something but I couldn't, so I need to get used to having no pen or paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Doing 4 and starting back properly tomorrow.. anyone I’m similar position? Dreading it

ruby1998 wrote: »
    Doing 4 and starting back properly tomorrow.. anyone I’m similar position? Dreading it

Same as myself what 4 are you doing and have you a law background/are you working? I'm trying to figure out if 4 is a crazy call but im.thinking il power through!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Thinking of doing 5, but feels that's overly ambitious at the same time. Just really sick of these, and everything going on in the world at the moment so kind of just want to get them out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

phildub wrote: »
    Same as myself what 4 are you doing and have you a law background/are you working? I'm trying to figure out if 4 is a crazy call but im.thinking il power through!

I’m doing company, criminal, constitutional and property! I have a law degree and working full time, will only have the two weeks off to sit the exams. I’m just going to try and power through just want to get them out of the way.

• Advertisement

I’m doing company, criminal, constitutional and property! I have a law degree and working full time, will only have the two weeks off to sit the exams. I’m just going to try and power through just want to get them out of the way.

Ya I dont want to be doing them again next year so hopefully I do enough to pass!

Best of luck, and hopefully it works out for both of us! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highwood

Hello everyone

Happy new year

I am wondering would any person have an up to date exam grid for constitutional company or property please

Thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highwood

FE1_2020_ wrote: »
    Is there any advice on the approach for Tort ? I know people have mentioned its the largest examinable syllabus in line with Constitutional. However, is there any predictability with any topics outside of Negligence which in of itself is a mammoth in terms of its many elements.

Negligence, nuisance, remedies and limitations, defamation

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RaffRiff01

Happy New Years all! I know that the timetable sitting for March 2021 is already out, does anyone know if it is for sure online? or it still depends on the covid situation for that week?

Just wondering cause my studying for online is completely different, im afraid that they might cancel last minute or whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fe1BB

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Thinking of doing 5, but feels that's overly ambitious at the same time. Just really sick of these, and everything going on in the world at the moment so kind of just want to get them out of the way.

It’s definitely doable, I did 5 while still working full time right up until two weeks before the exams and passed 4

• Advertisement

RaffRiff01 wrote: »
    Happy New Years all! I know that the timetable sitting for March 2021 is already out, does anyone know if it is for sure online? or it still depends on the covid situation for that week?

Just wondering cause my studying for online is completely different, im afraid that they might cancel last minute or whatnot.

It says on the timetable that they are online, doesnt mean that isn't subject to change, although I doubt it considering the numbers at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RaffRiff01

phildub wrote: »
    It says on the timetable that they are online, doesnt mean that isn't subject to change, although I doubt it considering the numbers at the moment!

thank you! i wish they stop with this "subject to change" nonsense... the last minute warning (3 weeks? or less?) last october/november was brutal. I had to change my studying strategy all over and it was a mess.

I agree, but then again its only January a lot can happen in 2 months..

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fe1time

Happy new year everyone! For those who did the November property paper what questions were on it and how did it compare to previous years?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

Hi all. Hope study going ok. I’ve just started company, what topics should I Defo cover please? If anyone had an updated grid too, that would be great, I can swap. Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Does anyone have March 2020 papers (pref with examiners reports/sample answers?!) for property, equity, contract and constitutional? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Hi all. Hope study going ok. I’ve just started company, what topics should I Defo cover please? If anyone had an updated grid too, that would be great, I can swap. Thanks so much

SLP and Incorporation, winding up, Directors duties, corporate borrowing, shareholder oppression and restriction are the most important I think. the other topics that are good to cover are share transfer, realisation of corporate assets and maybe receivership

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

fe1time wrote: »
    Happy new year everyone! For those who did the November property paper what questions were on it and how did it compare to previous years?

Thanks!

I’m going almost entirely off of memory here but I think it was:

- adverse possession, PQ;
    - family property, essay;
    - capacity and formalities of a will , s77 and s78, essay;
    - Section 117, legal right share for spouse and child etc, PQ;
    - finding, PQ;
    - equitable licences, essay;
    - easements by necessity, PQ;
    - influence of equity (i think), essay.

Overall, I remember it being a very nice paper really. No different to any previous year afaik. Certainly the easiest of the four I did anyway, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SS_98

Hi Guys,

Does anyone who sat the torts exam in November remember what topics came up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Does anybody know what the easiest exam is out of Contract, Constitutional, Company and Equity?

SS_98 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone who sat the torts exam in November remember what topics came up?

problem questions on vicarious liability, occupiers liability, causation and medical negligence and then an essay on products, those were the 5 I did and there was an essay on intentional torts

• Advertisement

Does anybody have an Equity grid?

IgoPAP wrote: »

I have one, pm me your email

IgoPAP wrote: »

i forgot I can post links now!

awsah wrote: »
    i forgot I can post links now!

Thank you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Does anyone have zero motivation to even start back? Just waiting for these results and I can't bring myself to open a book :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Does anyone have any advice on where to start with Constitutional? it's so overwhelming!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

Does anyone have any advice on where to start with Constitutional? it's so overwhelming!

Constitutional interpretation is always a nice and easy place to start.

Remember to study broadly for Constitutional rather than deeply i.e. it's better to know a little about a lot of topics rather than do just have a few essays prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BigSprogs

Was supposed to sit in March/October 2020 but became ill (bacterial meningitis) and my brain just wasn't up to it. Trying to get started now and it's so disheartening knowing I really should be done already!

Anyone have updated grids for tort, criminal, constitutional or property? Been out of the loop a while now and would very much appreciate anything in the form of help!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fe1time

bluerthanu wrote: »
    I’m going almost entirely off of memory here but I think it was:

- adverse possession, PQ;
    - family property, essay;
    - capacity and formalities of a will , s77 and s78, essay;
    - Section 117, legal right share for spouse and child etc, PQ;
    - finding, PQ;
    - equitable licences, essay;
    - easements by necessity, PQ;
    - influence of equity (i think), essay.

Overall, I remember it being a very nice paper really. No different to any previous year afaik. Certainly the easiest of the four I did anyway, best of luck!

Thank you!

• Advertisement

BigSprogs wrote: »
    Was supposed to sit in March/October 2020 but became ill (bacterial meningitis) and my brain just wasn't up to it. Trying to get started now and it's so disheartening knowing I really should be done already!

Anyone have updated grids for tort, criminal, constitutional or property? Been out of the loop a while now and would very much appreciate anything in the form of help!

These are the most recent I have for these subjects

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement