Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain piss off and get on with Brexit II (mod warning in OP)

Options

Comments

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Can anyone point to the Bible verse referenced in the tweet?

"And on the 1324th day, the staw haired baboon led his people from the community of nations into the scary and unknown... This is the word of the Lord."

Probably somewhere in revelations :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Probably somewhere in revelations :-)

Surely Exodus..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

The people have spoken. You are either for democracy or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Edgware wrote: »
    The people have spoken. You are either for democracy or not.

People accepted long ago that Brexit was happening.

Its the ineptitude, bullsh*t, backhandedness, lies, deception, doublespeak and betrayals that's keeping us all entertained these last few years.

Great interview in the Irish Independant with some hardcore Unionists who've basically given up on trying to keep NI in Britain after BJ stabbed them in the back with the Irish Sea border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I thought this was a nice gesture and a welcome change from the sour grapes that have been spewed over the past three years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexit-brussels-lights-up-main-square-union-jack-colours-festival-british-sherlock-holmes-a9310286.html

"The City of Brussels has laid on a festival of Britishness to say goodbye to the UK, ahead of Brexit.
    The Belgian capital’s beautiful central square, the Grand Place, was lit up in Union Jack colours while bands played British music.
    City authorities rented a real-life black London taxi, and also dressed two city employees up as Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson to pose for selfies with visitors."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

I thought this was a nice gesture and a welcome change from the sour grapes that have been spewed over the past three years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brexit-brussels-lights-up-main-square-union-jack-colours-festival-british-sherlock-holmes-a9310286.html

"The City of Brussels has laid on a festival of Britishness to say goodbye to the UK, ahead of Brexit.
    The Belgian capital’s beautiful central square, the Grand Place, was lit up in Union Jack colours while bands played British music.
    City authorities rented a real-life black London taxi, and also dressed two city employees up as Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson to pose for selfies with visitors."

Did`nt the British liberate Brussels in 1944?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,135 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There was a report on that earlier om the radio, Brussels Chamber Of Commerce is worried about tourism from Britain so organised this.

Business is business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    People accepted long ago that Brexit was happening.

Its the ineptitude, bullsh*t, backhandedness, lies, deception, doublespeak and betrayals that's keeping us all entertained these last few years.

Great interview in the Irish Independant with some hardcore Unionists who've basically given up on trying to keep NI in Britain after BJ stabbed them in the back with the Irish Sea border.

:D Not for Brexit then?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Did`nt the British liberate Brussels in 1944?

Millions died protecting the place even earlier than that. Belgium is one mass graveyard of other countries soldiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Millions died protecting the place even earlier than that. Belgium is one mass graveyard of other countries soldiers.

"Belgium is a place invented just so Britain and Germany have somewhere to settle their differences" - Jeremy Clarkson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Pints pints pints.

Aren't you guys out celebrating brexit day. This is the first day of the end of the EU

Pints pints pints.

Aren't you guys out celebrating brexit day. This is the first day of the end of the EU

Enjoy Crypto, well deserved. You fought hard and won!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I for one am looking forward to breezing past the long lines of ignorant chavs forced to queue with Nigerians, Pakistanis and Moroccans the next time I'm in a continental airport.

sabat wrote: »
    I for one am looking forward to breezing past the long lines of ignorant chavs forced to queue with Nigerians, Pakistanis and Moroccans the next time I'm in a continental airport.

Yeah I'm so glad to be ruled by Brussels if it means I dont have to wait in a line! You must really hate Disney World?

Yeah I'm so glad to be ruled by Brussels if it means I dont have to wait in a line! You must really hate Disney World?

You really don't know how things work do you.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    "Belgium is a place invented just so Britain and Germany have somewhere to settle their differences" - Jeremy Clarkson.

Jeremy has no shame in stealing jokes. Sellar and Yateman made that one yonks ago. Pity they aren't around to chronicle this period of British history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

As sure as night follows day, there will be British people in EU airports from tomorrow insisting that they're still entitled to special treatment and that the profile of those people will trend toward Brexit voters. I guarantee it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

As someone who is somewhat of a republican yet with leanings to the EU I hope the UK do well after Brexit. At the end of the day if will be the ordinary British citizens that will suffer if I doesn't go well. The likes of Farage and Mogg will do well regardless. The world is much more unpredictable now and the EU and UK may need to come together as allies alot more closely in the future.

As sure as night follows day, there will be British people in EU airports from tomorrow insisting that they're still entitled to special treatment and that the profile of those people will trend toward Brexit voters. I guarantee it.

Bless 'em. They will adapt soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Unfortunately the fantasy land of milk and honey promised by Brexit won't ever materialise. I wonder who the British will blame when things don't go the way they were promised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Quite possibly there will be and, of course, cameras to record them, makes for good viewing. However I think it is a mistake to view them as representative. Remember the day or a few days after the referendum result, television news found people who had regretted their vote, but there's never been huge numbers switching their view. Easy enough to find these people; the mistake is in thinking them representative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Unfortunately the fantasy land of milk and honey promised by Brexit won't ever materialise. I wonder who the British will blame when things don't go the way they were promised?
    However this assumes that it has always been about monetary gain. I think probably most brexit voters accept that there will be economic adjustments.

smurgen wrote: »
    As someone who is somewhat of a republican yet with leanings to the EU I hope the UK do well after Brexit. At the end of the day if will be the ordinary British citizens that will suffer if I doesn't go well. The likes of Farage and Mogg will do well regardless. The world is much more unpredictable now and the EU and UK may need to come together as allies alot more closely in the future.

I think it is fairly predictable what will happen the UK now. The prediction that if they left,they would swallow May's deal in some form has come to pass.
    It will be a slow decline of thousands of cuts for them now as predicted and as the Brexiteers demographic dies off they will look to get back in, as predicted.

I hope it won't be too hard on the decent British person, many of whom I have as friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Less than a hour to go before we escape the European Superstate Project and good riddance. :D

At the stroke of the midnight hour (in Europe), when the world sleeps, Great Britain will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes, which comes, but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, when an age ends, and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance.

With apologies to Jawaharlal Nehru - 1st Prime Minister of India.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Pints pints pints.

Why would you care if you've left and got your wish? - Nothing to do with you now. Brexiteers are starting to sound like that bitter ex you just can't get rid of and want to destroy your life. The type you'd be blocking their number

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I cannot believe they have actually projected a countdown clock onto the cliffs of dover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Bye bye Britain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Tacky Brits!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

retalivity wrote: »
    I cannot believe they have actually projected a countdown clock onto the cliffs of dover

Sky News, real or cgi though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

And now they have left

Advertisement