Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain piss off and get on with Brexit II (mod warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

retalivity wrote: »
    I cannot believe they have actually projected a countdown clock onto the cliffs of dover

I couldn’t believe that either. Complete tack fest. Very bitter two fingers type thing. Would never happen the other way around as no one in Europe thinks about the U.K. that much in truth

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Brits out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

road_high wrote: »
    I couldn’t believe that either. Complete tack fest. Very bitter two fingers type thing. Would never happen the other way around as no one in Europe thinks about the U.K. that much in truth

Yer wan rolling up the British flag in Brussels with the big solemn face was gas. I'd say when she got round the corner she fcuked it in the bin.

threeball wrote: »
    Yer wan rolling up the British flag in Brussels with the big solemn face was gas. I'd say when she got round the corner she fcuked it in the bin.

Didn’t see that, just two blokes folding up a flag with security guards! Good to see it gone, and the rest of them

Farage thinks people aren’t laughing at him anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭jeoun

threeball wrote: »

Wonder if they will do the same to the British flag on the way in to Dublin airport??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Ireland remains the sole English speaking nation within the EU. Opportunities. :)

*I know Malta is also, but its a second language to them and not everyone speaks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

To those who said theyd never leave, you laughed at them, and now youre laughing more

jeoun wrote: »
    Wonder if they will do the same to the British flag on the way in to Dublin airport??? :D

Hardly. Not an official EU building or anything. Just stuck up for tourist friendly nation reasons

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I spent tonight at a Heavy Metal gig. Surprised at how apathetic I am. On their heads be it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

blinding wrote: »
    Scotland , well some Scottish people call themselves a country. Yet only a few years ago they rejected the chance to become an Independent Country. I suggest the Scottish hurry up and Vote themselves into being an Independent Nation State. They certainly cannot be taken seriously as an Independent Nation state until they do so.

Northern Ireland. The sooner it votes to leave the Uk the better. What’s stopping it.

What cracks me up is how these so-called nationalists in Scotland wish to be subsumed into the illegal foreign rule of the so-called "EU".

It is a treasonous position to hold. They should be demanding that Scotland be a sovereign, independent state without any so-called "EU" interference.

Risteard81 wrote: »
    What cracks me up is how these so-called nationalists in Scotland wish to be subsumed into the illegal foreign rule of the so-called "EU".

It is a treasonous position to hold. They should be demanding that Scotland be a sovereign, independent state without any so-called "EU" interference.

Maybe they just like being in the Eu? In life not everyone will share the same point of view, outside of fascism. And that’s ok

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The illegal foreign rule? Lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

...or stay united within the island of Great Britain. I think it ironic that while many in Scotland wish to separate their island in half, many on this island of Ireland wish the two parts to become one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67,169 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I spent tonight at a Heavy Metal gig. Surprised at how apathetic I am. On their heads be it.

All you missed was a tacky, clutching at some sort of weird victory, drink fuelled display of f**k you belligerence really.
    Good luck to that demographic and solidarity with the decent people caught up in it.

Bye bye UK.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Tonight was a bit of a damp squib really, seeing as not much changes until next December.

The real leave/trade negotiations start now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Democracy when it suits you. What's that quote? "Great Minds Discuss Ideas. Average Minds Discuss Events. Small Minds Discuss People."

You think you're talking about an idea but you're talking about an event. You claim you care about democracy but you only care about one version of it. The one where you have to add "as a whole" to get past the fact that NI and Scotland blow a hole in your supposed love for it. When Scotland is denied a referendum, you will just say "as a whole" and carry on thinking you care about an idea. Scotland, Wales, and NI, not giving their agreement to the deal means nothing because you can always fall back on the magical "as a whole".

crypto thinks he's talking about events when he's stuck talking about people. Boris, Leo, Guy, low testosterone femboys etc. Brexit for him is all about individuals he adores and abhores, and unless he reduces it down to that, it's too complicated for him to understand.

The shltty rags ye read fool you into thinking you're smarter than you actually are. That's why not one of ye can answer a question on Brexit in any detail whatsoever, but you still have unbridled confidence in your knowledge of Brexit. It's why the Brexiteers on here are the ones to never ask a question or express doubt in their knowledge of something complex.

Mod: New thread. Original thread here

Scotland had a referendum, they stared history in the eye and promptly cucked themselves, where the Brits didn't. Scotland can wear the ball-gag and like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

When do the British 'expats' get stacked in poorly staffed queues in Spanish/Portuguese airports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

But the point is now fellas. You have all had your say and digs at the British galore.

But today Ireland is now irrelevant. From today anything that Ireland could have bought to the party has all gone because what happens now will be played out by the big boys to suit the big boys.

Any deals if they are done will be done to suit the UK, Germany, and France. All the other countries will be told to shut the f*ck up and don't interfere.

So I hope you enjoyed it because what you have to come will not be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

But the point is now fellas. You have all had your say and digs at the British galore.

But today Ireland is now irrelevant. From today anything that Ireland could have bought to the party has all gone because what happens now will be played out by the big boys to suit the big boys.

Any deals if they are done will be done to suit the UK, Germany, and France. All the other countries will be told to shut the f*ck up and don't interfere.

I look forward to all the British prime ministers having to come to Dublin as the first destination when they want anything from Europe.

The actual power on these islands has shifted remarkably to Dublin as a result of Brexit.

We will get exactly what we want when we want it.

Now, we expect the Irish sea border and those checks to be in place by December.

Get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What are your reasons for thinking this? Will the fact that any future deals with the U.K. will require a unanimous vote by all E.U. States and requirement to be ratified in every member State.

Do you believe that the entire constitution of the E.U. will be torn up and just Germany and France will be left.

I look forward to all the British prime ministers having to come to Dublin as the first destination when they want anything from Europe.

The actual power on these islands has shifted remarkably to Dublin as a result of Brexit.

We will get exactly what we want when we want it.

Now, we expect the Irish sea border and those checks to be in place by December.

Get to it.

You poor man. Carry on and believe what you want. You will soon find it just isnt going to work like that.

Amazing. You'd think there'd be celebrations but he's even more bitter and anti-EU/Ireland than yesterday.

joeguevara wrote: »
    What are your reasons for thinking this? Will the fact that any future deals with the U.K. will require a unanimous vote by all E.U. States and requirement to be ratified in every member State.

Do you believe that the entire constitution of the E.U. will be torn up and just Germany and France will be left.

Until the end of the year? Everything can more or less stay the same regards trade.

Do you honestly think that Macron is going to pick the phone up and ring Leo (or Sein Fein) and say....do us a favour. .....If its ok with you..... ask Boris if he would like to??????

Ireland and the others will be the last to know any deals and you will be told to vote/accept accordingly.

Germany and France arent going to let a country with the economy equivalent to a 3rd city of the UK, France, or Germany jeapodise the German car industry or whatever France has to lose. Nor will they let any other EU country interfere either.

Until the end of the year? Everything can more or less stay the same regards trade.

Do you honestly think that Macron is going to pick the phone up and ring Leo (or Sein Fein) and say....do us a favour. .....If its ok with you..... ask Boris if he would like to??????

Ireland and the others will be the last to know any deals and you will be told to vote/accept accordingly.

Germany and France arent going to let a country with the economy equivalent to a 3rd city of the UK, France, or Germany jeapodise the German car industry or whatever France has to lose. Nor will they let any other EU country interfere either.

So in your view the E.U. constitution will be disregarded. If that was the case Ireland would have been bullied previously.

But sure the U.K. knows best. Why does France and Germany need the rest at all....may as well disband in the morning based on your assertion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

You poor man. Carry on and believe what you want. You will soon find it just isnt going to work like that.

But it does work like that.

EU member comes before non member.

That's how the club works.

What do you think of that?

The power in these islands is in Dublin, not London - London is only UK. Dublin is EU.

It's what the people voted for.

Respect the vote.

Germany and France arent going to let a country with the economy equivalent to a 3rd city of the UK, France, or Germany jeapodise the German car industry or whatever France has to lose.

We've been listening to the same shlt for five years. Germany and France risked No Deal because of Ireland's border situation.

The rhetoric of the German car industry is trotted out by every Brexiteer without any backup. The fact that Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary have a higher export As % Of GDP With France about 7 countries further down rubbishes the idea that France and Germany need U.K. much more than UK needs the E.U.

At no stage has the E.U. tried to bully any of its members because of the U.K. To think they will do so now is without basis.,doesn’t stop arrogant Brexiteers whistling Rule Britannia and thinking they are a negotiating powerhouse.

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »
    So in your view the E.U. constitution will be disregarded. If that was the case Ireland would have been bullied previously.

But sure the U.K. knows best. Why does France and Germany need the rest at all....may as well disband in the morning based on your assertion.

I have said nothing on who knows best that is you.

Regards Ireland or any country being bullied before.......Just vote no to a treaty.....oh yes Ireland did......and was made to vote again and get it right.

Advertisement