Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Tzardine wrote: »
    Yeah I found that ours was the same. It did free up after a while. And used a bit of oil too.

Mine hasn't burnt anything yet.

Did not notice any torque issues in the Arona, but it is a fair bit smaller and less weight.
    shanec1928 wrote: »
    lovely have the st version on order in the same color with the 1.5 dsg. looking forward to it, a big upgrade from the mk3 which i currently drive

That should look nice.
    Was having a look at those recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hey all, haven't post here in couple years since i purchased so have few bits done.

Heres my before picture just after purchase.

Screenshot-20201104-215859-Gallery.jpg

First thing I changed was the dash trim to hex aluminium and installed android touch screen. I've had it installed over 2 year now and its been perfect from day one i just factory reset it a couple times and re-installed few apps i use.

Screenshot-20201104-220458-Gallery.jpg

In past few months have done m-sport kit and 19inch wheels with P Zero tyres

20201104-215504.jpg

Screenshot-20201104-215417-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201104-215526-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20201104-215640-Gallery.jpg

I had it in back in March got timing chain done as precaution and egr and dpf delete and remapped also, it completely changes the feel of it to drive and plenty more torque.

Want to get rear windows done and chrome delete next up.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

But have you declared all the mods to your insurance company?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

Have had a few small bits and pieces done since the last thread - black grills, tinted rears and new rims :)

s4sLHRb.jpeg

s789Qc5.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hey all, haven't post here in couple years since i purchased so have few bits done.

Nice few mods. What android screen did you install could you tell me? I was looking at the Andream one that integrates with the controller.

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »
    Nice few mods. What android screen did you install could you tell me? I was looking at the Andream one that integrates with the controller.

They all come from the same place really mate I ordered direct from ali express. i was one of the first to install the second generation android 7 model when they came out first mines it's only 2gb model but its fine I might upgrade to the newer screens next year also looking at an id7 upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

statto25 wrote: »

I am using an Andream one in my F10 and no real issues to report. Works well. The only issue I have seen is that sometimes it can take a few minutes to pick up the GPS signal.

Harcrid wrote: »
    I am using an Andream one in my F10 and no real issues to report. Works well. The only issue I have seen is that sometimes it can take a few minutes to pick up the GPS signal.

Good to know. I've kicked it out a bit but I think I'll make the purchase. I have the larger screen so the MMI is enough for me

Double Post

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Hardly any of your business.

Wailin wrote: »
    Hardly any of your business.

I don't want to be crashed into by an uninsured driver, cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

I don't want to be crashed into by an uninsured driver, cheers ;)

Wouldn't affect you anyway. The insurer would just 'recover' from the "potentially uninsured" ;)

:rolleyes:

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Wouldn't affect you anyway. The insurer would just 'recover' from the "potentially uninsured" ;)

:rolleyes:

But it's the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Christ some people really have nothing better to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Fun Bobby is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

But it's the law.

Having declared mods on vehicles before multiple times they don't give a crap unless it increases the power. When I told them they said they didn't even need to make note of it so you can calm down on his insurance status as it looks like all he has done is change his dash trim and wheels and m kit.

It's also absolutely none of your business and doesn't affect you in any way even if you were to crash into him regarding vehicle insurance.

Goose81 wrote: »
    Having declared mods on vehicles before multiple times they don't give a crap unless it increases the power. When I told them they said they didn't even need to make note of it so you can calm down on his insurance status as it looks like all he has done is change his dash trim and wheels and m kit.

Nah i have had it remapped and it is declared on insurance too, I just haven't declared dpf is empty :p:p:p.

Im not some young lad thats racing around the place so it doesnt make much difference on premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nah i have had it remapped and it is declared on insurance too, I just haven't declared dpf is empty :p:p:p.

Im not some young lad thats racing around the place so it doesnt make much difference on premium.

Did they charge you extra out of curiosity?

I have actually done performance mods before on bikes and wasn't charged.

Goose81 wrote: »
    Did they charge you extra out of curiosity?

I have actually done performance mods before on bikes and wasn't charged.

No id no charge it may change when renewal is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

532019.jpg

After nearly 2 months and 3000 Miles she got her first wash! Picked some great cleaning stuff in D&D yesterday so made use of it!

Great Car too absolutely no problem so far and averaging 50MPG, it's a lovely cruiser too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Would that car be around Fermoy in Co. Cork Truckermal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Would that car be around Fermoy in Co. Cork Truckermal?

No but I work in the city! Live in the Kanturk area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Truckermal wrote: »

There was a filthy one same colour as yours in town last Monday or Tuesday, it was manky. Clean dirt though, just from being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Truckermal wrote: »
    Still waiting to spot it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Grey car, grey skies, grey road! Its only 7th November and I am already greyed out so took a pic with a splash of colour.

50576338402_83fd8ee91d_c.jpg

50576200161_afd7176129_c.jpg

50576200151_e51aa1bbca_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Those S-Class are an impressive looking car it has to be said :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

It would take a very keen eye to know exactly what that S Class actually is.

Only the exhausts give it away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Yes - its very discreet, an incredible piece engineering to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Suits it's surroundings perfectly.

Advertisement