Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Kinda glad Cody and Goldie are off the table.... Id be tempted to draft them both

Don't think I've ever booked either of them before and I was sure they had at least been in the rumble. Completely forgot about that stip, cos I was not originally considering anyone who would be hampered by the stip when it was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Don't think I've ever booked either of them before and I was sure they had at least been in the rumble. Completely forgot about that stip, cos I was not originally considering anyone who would be hampered by the stip when it was announced.

Any excuse to play this amazing clip:

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Sorry to be a party pooper; can Cody bring Goldie with him? Has he not been NWA World Champ?

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Sorry to be a party pooper; can Cody bring Goldie with him? Has he not been NWA World Champ?

He brought him with him other years, think the NWA title is only considered a world title for the draft up until it was in TNA or there abouts iirc... that said I better go check incase im wrong

He brought him with him other years, think the NWA title is only considered a world title for the draft up until it was in TNA or there abouts iirc... that said I better go check incase im wrong

Agh, I should have read rules properly! Had them on my list, and dropped them when I remembered World Title rule! Oh well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Pick made pm sent. Amazing the teams that can be found with some research

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pick made :) very happy to have a feud going , well possibly my 2 main feuds , was sure someone had taken Rey can't believe he lasted this long

Pick made again and pm sent :)

Happy with my last 2 draft picks; gives me my main women’s feud; now just need to figure out how to work everyone else!

I hate to ask, but can Penta be drafted with Fénix? Penta is a former Impact World Champion, so does it count as the TNA Championship?

• Advertisement

As far as I know the TNA title doesn't count anymore

Edit: Damn i think your right :(

Edit 2: Checked with Necro and because it was the Impact Championship Pick Stands :) happy days

As far as I know the TNA title doesn't count anymore

Edit: Damn i think your right :(

Would be good to have a clarification, because it could be looked at as like the rule for the NWA title and how it only counts up until a certain point. Due to what happened to TNA “credibility”, do we still include the rule for when it became the Impact title or do we count it due to the full history?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok on the pick I'm going to allow it.

TNA becoming Impact and merging with GFW and changing names repeatedly makes things quite confusing so based on this

Only TNA title reigns up until they unified the Impact World Championship with the GFW Global Championship in 2017 count.

After that they do not, in similar fashion to how we consider the NWA Championship to have diminished in value.

Necro wrote: »
    Ok on the pick I'm going to allow it.

TNA becoming Impact and merging with GFW and changing names repeatedly makes things quite confusing so based on this

Only TNA title reigns up until they unified the Impact World Championship with the GFW Global Championship in 2017 count.

After that they do not, in similar fashion to how we consider the NWA Championship to have diminished in value.

Think that is fair personally, was actually thinking of suggesting something similar a while back in line with the NWA rule but once we had started left it go without saying anything.

Good pick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Fair all day long.

“Impact” is a bazillion miles away from TNA or what it was at peak. Wouldn’t even say it’s a top 10 promotion worldwide.

Liz isn't going to be happy :pac:

Christian is off the board

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Liz isn't going to be happy :pac:

Christian is off the board

Well isnt it a rule that if Christian is drafted , hes automatically transfered to Liz for her number 1 pick?

I joke i joke

Dusty :(

Dusty :(

I'm sorry Jack, but the dream baby, the dream was just too good to turn down in my situation brotha. He was the hit-maker, the record-breaker. He'd got style, grace and a pretty face. He'd make your back crack, your liver quiver and god damn in the BWA you know he will deliver!

It was between him and Road Warriors for me in the 3rd round. I was hoping to nab him in the 4th but stipulation didn't allow it.

Lemme tell you sumthin babeh, that's a great pick. Nice roster in general.

• Advertisement

It was between him and Road Warriors for me in the 3rd round. I was hoping to nab him in the 4th but stipulation didn't allow it.

Lemme tell you sumthin babeh, that's a great pick. Nice roster in general.

Kind of feel bad saying this but... Dusty Rhodes was no.10 in the 1990 Royal Rumble!

He eliminated Jake The Snake & Bret before being eliminated by... Canadian Earthquake!

Rosters are really beginning to shape up nicely now

Kind of feel bad saying this but... Dusty Rhodes was no.10 in the 1990 Royal Rumble!

He eliminated Jake The Snake & Bret before being eliminated by... Canadian Earthquake!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'll have my pick up soon

This is a lot harder than you think ha

We have a clear winner now ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Half decided who I want, now have to play the waiting game hoping Lord doesn't take them:/

24 hrs have passed since PTH's pick. I have PMed Lord but seeing as I'm next and probably not able to make my pick till I get home around 5.30pm is there any issue giving some leeway till then?

If he picks before you I don't see any issue once you weren't just waiting until he picks (which your not), hopefully he gets on in time but there are usually missed picks each year anyway

If he picks before you I don't see any issue once you weren't just waiting until he picks (which your not), hopefully he gets on in time but there are usually missed picks each year anyway

Nah not waiting, I prefer to use the laptop when possible for gifability purposes :D

I'll lash up my pick when I get home from work anyways.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey guys,

Sorry bout the delay, I never got a PM and hadn’t been keeping up with the order yesterday so didn’t realsie it was my turn.

I can push back to the end of the round if he want, since I missed the window. Apologies.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote:
    I can push back to the end of the round if he want, since I missed the window. Apologies.

No no pick away now Lordie!

Advertisement