Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Options

Comments

Necro wrote: »
    I was tempted to add AEW to the mix but their roster just isn't big enough yet.

Maybe next year though ;)

I'd have had to forgo my 6th round pick.

No room for spot monkeys at 2DW.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »
    Order for round 6 up, and I know the stip has been done a few times before but I quite like it. :)

TNA and last

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NITRO95

When do trades open up?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Haha nice spot Nitro - Trades normally open after Round 5 but I've been slacking

So therefore trades will open

from the beginning of Round 6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Very happy with ECW picked heavily from there in the past on separate occasions

• Advertisement

Are trade negotiations done in here on in private message?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Are trade negotiations done in here on in private message?

By PM, on thread, at a candlelit dinner, wherever you like ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

No.1 and an ROH stip hmmm

5seconds later... okay plans changed (hope the guys I wanted make it through this stip round) new shortlist drawn up of 3 drawn up, now to see if BJ & Crabman leave my top choice squeak through Rd6.

be interesting to see what trades take place if any

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have a feeling most of the ROH guys I'd have had massive interest in are probably already gone.

Buuut, there is someone eligible who I was going to wait and grab further down the line, but might nab now to lock him up.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I have a feeling most of the ROH guys I'd have had massive interest in are probably already gone.

Buuut, there is someone eligible who I was going to wait and grab further down the line, but might nab now to lock him up.

Thats the thing with this round, say you had a plan for an "ECW guy" for example you now know that around 5 of them are going to be taken this round and may need to act a little faster than usual. Yes some of those 5 might be people who are primarily known for their appearances elsewhere having spent the proverbial cup o coffee in the promotion but another ECW (in this example) dude might be taken in the same way elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Thats the thing with this round, say you had a plan for an "ECW guy" for example you now know that around 5 of them are going to be taken this round and may need to act a little faster than usual. Yes some of those 5 might be people who are primarily known for their appearances elsewhere having spent the proverbial cup o coffee in the promotion but another ECW (in this example) dude might be taken in the same way elsewhere.

That's how I'm feeling at the moment. I'm happy my pick is after the stip was announced, because I have a big name (In my eyes anyway!) that I felt could have lasted a few rounds and is important for a planned feud I had, but with the stip they are suddenly a massive risk at going in the next round, so I'm going to draft them next (Provided they survive!) and then re-think who I will grab in the stip round.

That's how I'm feeling at the moment. I'm happy my pick is after the stip was announced, because I have a big name (In my eyes anyway!) that I felt could have lasted a few rounds and is important for a planned feud I had, but with the stip they are suddenly a massive risk at going in the next round, so I'm going to draft them next (Provided they survive!) and then re-think who I will grab in the stip round.

My hopeful pick I doubt would have lasted another few rounds without the stips so reading this makes me somewhat hopeful that if BJ does not take it then I might get who I now want.

Funny thing is if he (and yourself) had picked earlier today I would have gone for someone completely different but now I've completely flip flopped on my pick. Impossible to pre plan a roster

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pick made, sorry for the delay. Hectic in work.

Very happy with Walter considering I dont think I could draft him next.

Will have my pick up soon, TBC threw an unexpected wrench into my planned pick by taking half of it in his pick... re-evaluating

Walter is a great pick, also would have been surprised to see him last much longer.

Zack Sabre Jnr vs Kurt Angle is something that works naturally, so I had to pick him, but Suzuki was my real prize. Came lost drafting him a few times but I thought he would last a few rounds. When I saw that NJPW was one of the feds in next rounds stip, I couldn't wait any longer because he was bound to be picked.

Will have my pick up soon, TBC threw an unexpected wrench into my planned pick by taking half of it in his pick... re-evaluating

I think I know you are planning to go with then, and I'll say that if it wasn't for this rounds stip you wouldn't have gotten either man! :p

I think I know you are planning to go with then, and I'll say that if it wasn't for this rounds stip you wouldn't have gotten either man! :p

Well It's more who I was going to go with as I had Zack plus 1 (pretty sure you can guess the non Suzuki 1) as my intended pick. Obviously haven't gone for that other person now though but I'm definitely still happy with Tanahashi, great value at this stage.

Really like your pick though, had a lot of fun writing for Minoru last year myself as I pitted him vs Haku in a battle of the scariest b*stards in PW,

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Was completely out of depth there with picking in that round. Have a list of bout 5-6 people I wanted to draft, and none were ROH alumni! Don't know what direction I'll go with Bully, but I'm sure I'll figure something out for him to beat up!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oooooh, ****, you're 100% right.

My guy is more traditionally an ECW guy, and if I don't grab him now, I can't see him lasting through the stip. I was just thinking from the point of view of grabbing a guy cause I can now, and wasn't thinking he probably will go this round one way or the other.

Ok, pick going up...

EDIT: Actually....possibly two ECW guys. Just want to see can I find proof one 100% wrestled for ROH.

Pick made, PM sent.

Spent half the day in work trying to decide who to pick and landed on one of Roode or someone else.

Went with Roode as I have... tentative plans for him.

• Advertisement

All picks up to the end of Round 5:

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5
    Mr. Nice Guy Hulk Hogan Roman Reigns Scott Steiner JBL Booker T
    Lord TSC Undertaker Broken' Matt Hardy Mick Foley Aleister Black Braun Strowman
    Bounty Hunter John Cena Vince Mc Mahon Sting Cody Rhodes & Goldust Dusty Rhodes
    beakerjoe Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly Ric Flair Matt Riddle & Velveteen Dream Batista Walter
    Necro Jeff Hardy Brock Lesnar Andre The Giant DDP Ted DiBiase & IRS
    brianregan09 The Rock Eddie Guerrero Kenny Omega Rey Mysterio Pentagon Jr & Rey Fenix
    ShagNastii Shawn Michaels Scott Hall & Curt Hennig Ronda Rousey Kevin Nash Tetsuaya Naito
    Hello 2D Person Below Stone Cold Steve Austin Rowdy Roddy Piper Road Warriors Kane Brian Pillman
    PTH2009 Edge Goldberg Drew McIntyre Big Show Christian
    daithi1989 Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano Chris Benoit Big E & Xavier Woods Trish Stratus Sasha Banks
    Furious Red Seth Rollins AJ Styles Keith Lee Samoa Joe Shinsuke Nakamura
    thebostoncrab Chris Jericho Kurt Angle Kazuchika Okada Kevin Owens Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki
    JP Liz V1 CM Punk Becky Lynch Owen Hart and The British Bulldog Lita Tyson Kidd & Cesaro
    NITRO95 John Moxley Vader KENTA & Kenta Kobashi Kalisto & Sami Zayn Trent Seven & Tyler Bate
    A Brad Maddox Guy Triple H Randy Savage Finn Balor Randy Orton Young Bucks
    Hammer of the Clods Daniel Bryan Bret Hart Bray Wyatt Jake The Snake Roberts Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Hammer of the Clods

I have a question regarding the tag team rules.

The rules (not including the world champ one) are:

- Must have tagged together for at least 3 months in WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW or anything historically going under the NWA banner.
    - Intergender tag teams not allowed
    - Members of factions, ie Wade Barrett and Rusev, are not deemed valid picks as they are not classed as legit tag teams under the criteria for the game.

A team has to have tagged together for 3 months. Is there a minimum amount of times they need to have wrestled together, or is it possible to have wrestled together once at the start of January and once at the end of March, and count as a tag?
    Does it matter if the two wrestlers team with other people in the same period? (For example if Hulk Hogan wrestled in tag team matches with Koko B. Ware, Big Boss Man, Tugboat, and others the same amount of time over a three month period in WWE house shows, is it fair to call any of those a tag team?

The members of factions rule ... is the rule you just can't pick any two members of a faction as a tag team, but it's okay if they meet the other rules (so IF Rusev and Wade Barrett HAD wrestled in tag team matches regularly over a three month period while being part of the League of Nations they would count as a tag team)?

And sorry for the questions! Just trying to get things straight in my head.

Yeah it's a bit confusing.

What I tend to do is look at it on a case by case basis.

So if X and Y had matches as a team in December, January and March of eg. 2016 then they would be classed as a legal pick

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going to Hamburg for a few days but I'll try and make my picks asap. Had a pretty early number for round 6

Rick Rude was the other guy I thought of drafting, nice pick MNG.

Yep, Rude is a great pick. Very nearly took him in one of the earlier rounds. I had the post ready to go and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Going to Hamburg for a few days but I'll try and make my picks asap. Had a pretty early number for round 6

I thought Aries might last go unnoticed this round, good pick, underrated

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick made and PM sent. I have a few ideas for Ricochet/Sydal but just hope my picks survive ha

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive 3 picks to decide from from ECW, not sure which route to take yet.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I have no solid plans for Kenta Kobashi as yet so if anyone wants him I am willing to listen to trade offers

Advertisement