Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gah, Batista was someone I would have probably redrafted if he had gotten to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    Gah, Batista was someone I would have probably redrafted if he had gotten to me.

I have no plans but had to draft him.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Hammer of the Clods

Pick made, pm sent.

I think Batista is a great pick, and for a while carried Smackdown on his back, even managing to get a decent match out of The Great Kahli. He only wrestled full time I think 10 or so years, if he had started earlier/wrestled longer I think he'd easily be amongst the first round choices (and not fourth!)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ummmm...

2D Kane and RVD were both world champions so cant be picked together.

Ummmm...

2D Kane and RVD were both world champions so cant be picked together.

Both cant be picked with anyone

• Advertisement

Pick made, pm sent.

I think Batista is a great pick, and for a while carried Smackdown on his back, even managing to get a decent match out of The Great Kahli. He only wrestled full time I think 10 or so years, if he had started earlier/wrestled longer I think he'd easily be amongst the first round choices (and not fourth!)

Had I not had Jake Previously, I would consider him. Hes a great pick, face or heel

Ah, that rule makes sense now. Had no plans for RVD just thought he'd come in handy at some point.

Kane it is.

Post amended.

beakerjoe wrote:
    Had I not had Jake Previously, I would consider him. Hes a great pick, face or heel

Jake was gonna be my pick :( I was gonna square him off against Jeff.

But ho hum I have a couple of back ups

I was gonna go with Jake in the second round to face off with Austin but decided on a different route plus I couldn't possibly top what already happened between them haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I nearly took Batista with the first pick of the 3rd, hell I was trying to find an arrest for him in the 2nd so to get him in the 4th is good going imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I came very close to also picking Batista. He is really fun to write for and can be used in so many different ways, but I have used him twice in the past and I think would feel a little “off” on the roster if I continue on in the same style as my other picks.

Kevin Owens became the obvious choice for me then and someone I both couldn’t see lasting this round and, honestly, am surprised lasted until this round. Plus he fits naturally with Jericho, Angle and Okada for very different reasons so gives a ton of options for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick Made and PM sent

Pick Made, PM sent to Liz.

Very happy to get DDP, I've wanted to draft him for a while. Was tempting to leave him for a round or two but didn't want to take the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Hammer of the Clods

For some reason I had thought Randy Orton was gone already. He's brilliant, one of the greats.

For some reason I had thought Randy Orton was gone already. He's brilliant, one of the greats.

I nearly went with him but decided on Joe instead

Same here.

Yay a non stipulation round.

giphy.gif

If people could take their time putting up the picks this weekend that would be great as im away till Monday :pac:.
    Ill keep an eye out while im away anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I also thought Randy had gone. Funnily enough I was ready to select Kevin Nash but decided to quickly update my list first and saw Orton was still available. He fits the plan a bit better

Apologies folks it has come to my attention there was a slight error in the original averages posted.

Dunno how it happened but when I checked the spreadsheet the averages were as BH posted above

I have amended the next round order to reflect this.

• Advertisement

Daithi will be delira haha

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I’m still first, which fits my plan; practically having a double pick suits me!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh ****, I did get the PM this morning to make a pick and then utterly forgot. Sorry lads, working on my pick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

AB and Taker on the same roster. Noice!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'll get a pick in in the next few hours, super busy today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ShagNastii wrote: »
    AB and Taker on the same roster. Noice!!!

I'm really happy with that one.

Originally, I was very happy with Matt vs Taker, but with Foley and Black now, I've got some fun options.

Broken Matt vs the 3 Faces of Foley and Taker vs Black would probably be a stronger card, I reckon. But I'm really happy with the theme I've got going right now :)

Errr.... did redacted appear in the Royal Rumble BH?

Just checking... :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Errr.... did redacted appear in the Royal Rumble BH?

Just checking... :P

er umm forgot about the stip... one second... plan B (making one up on the spot as I've had too many other things on my mind)...

Kinda glad Cody and Goldie are off the table.... Id be tempted to draft them both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

er umm forgot about the stip... one second... plan B (making one up on the spot as I've had too many other things on my mind)...

Well I'm writing that name off my potential picks for the next round then! :pac:

Cody and Goldust are two great picks, a team I had ear-marked as a potenital. In partiuclar I think with the last 24 months Cody and Vince could be another money feud that would be a ton of fun to write for.

Advertisement