Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm on a half day today (have a funeral to attend) but will lash up the next round order sometime in the afternoon

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive 3 picks to decide from from ECW, not sure which route to take yet.....

Just make sure it's not the one I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Happy with RVD, think I can find a good match for him.

Never drafted him before but hes always been exciting in the ring during his prime and I feel he can tear it up with most.

Just make sure it's not the one I want.

Hope I didnt disappoint.

That said Im not set on any of my roster and open to trades for the right deal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Next round order is up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Will have a pick up soon just waiting on confirmation from Necro :)

My placing next round means i probably wouldnt have got my next pick, but the stip means others wont either.

Good list of talent for me to choose from.

That said my next pick could still go this round.... Brians got me panicked.

Will have a pick up soon just waiting on confirmation from Necro

Just responded :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pick Made and PM SENT :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Wrong thread :P

I knew Brad would take Tully and Arn.

I was hoping for them to slip through but they arent integral to my plans so I went for RVD first knowing he certainly wouldnt last this round

With them not available next round I had hoped they would come to me , alas its not to be.

When I first saw the ECW stipulation I thought it would be a bit of a mind melt but it was actually an easy decision. There was a couple I'd consider in later rounds as curtain jerkers.

Given Luna hasn't been selected the last few years I'd no doubt have gotten her a few rounds later but herself and RVD were the only ones I considered.

Tully and Arn are a great pick but just weren't for 2DW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

RVD and Tazz were the two I originally hoped to take. I've never had Arn & Tully before though, couldn't resist having them and the young bucks on the same roster. I would enjoy listening to a certain podcast if I have these two teams face off

RVD and Tazz were the two I originally hoped to take. I've never had Arn & Tully before though, couldn't resist having them and the young bucks on the same roster. I would enjoy listening to a certain podcast if I have these two teams face off

The first thing I thought when I saw you had them both haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Pick made and PM sent.

Was originally going to pick Marty and Zack together instead of the last round, but when the NJPW stip came in I thought it would be risky since Suzuki most likely wouldn’t have survived. Delighted to get Marty, seems like he would be a blast to book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Pick made and pm sent

Starr is someone I had marked from the beginning to draft and to get him at the end of Rd 6 is unbelievable value for the guy I (and many others) consider to be one of if not the best in the world right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pick made and PM sent.

Was originally going to pick Marty and Zack together instead of the last round, but when the NJPW stip came in I thought it would be risky since Suzuki most likely wouldn’t have survived. Delighted to get Marty, seems like he would be a blast to book.

Ha exactly the duo I was going to take last round. Look forward to seeing how you use them.

Next stip may not be that restrictive but I was surprised how many of my list was wiped away this round.

Very happy to see Steamboat taken (Great value draft by MNG), had him last year but it would still have been very hard to pass him up had he still been available especially given the stip.

Pick made, PM sent. Happy with that pick, Liz made the decision for me really as I was stuck between Miz (who I've never drafted) and the Outlaws (who I did in my first year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »
    Pick made, PM sent. Happy with that pick, Liz made the decision for me really as I was stuck between Miz (who I've never drafted) and the Outlaws (who I did in my first year)

I have warmed more to Miz, hated him before but to be fair to him no matter what storyline or feud he puts his all into it, does his best and can be a good mouthpiece

Pick made, PM sent

Almost regretting being behind the smaller write up idea now looking at some of the characters on my roster; Vince, Goldust, Dusty and now Warrior among others. Had not planned on him pre stip but happy to have the mad b*stard on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Will have pick up shortly - never got a PM and only by chance I noticed it was my pick

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I made my pick anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Was trying to decide between 2, but having had Dunne last year and not getting chance to use him, couldnt let him pass again.

PM sent to NITRO for next pick.

Still havent much of an idea of where I'm going, and really starting to regret my panic draft of Beniot in R2!

daithi1989 wrote:
    Still havent much of an idea of where I'm going, and really starting to regret my panic draft of Beniot in R2!

I've a couple of plans in place but as always they are subject to change :D

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Was trying to decide between 2, but having had Dunne last year and not getting chance to use him, couldnt let him pass again.

PM sent to NITRO for next pick.

Benoit is always a tough one. He is forever tainted despite his talent.

I found my own booking of him 2 years ago challenging.

Agreed on Benoit, I wouldn't know where to start with booking him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I have a pick in mind but just awaiting a ruling from Necro on whether its within the stipulation

Delighted Necro ok'd my pick. Have a match lined up Sasuke that I'd love to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Pick made and pm sent.

I was convinced Kofi was already drafted, so didn’t even bother looking to draft him. Was only that I searched for his name that made me go “How the hell is Kofi still available?!?” so couldn’t pass him up.

Advertisement