Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cheers for the PM Nitro.

Interesting stip but I'd say if people do enough googling most of their planned choices will have probably interacted with the law in some form or another on a show before.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

With everyone now having picked their numbers for the Rumble I have randomised my own

And they are

5 for the Men's

And

27 for the Women's

Best of luck peeps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

1 pick away that will decide the entire look and feel of the roster. I had two picks earmarked and neither have been taken. They are both radically different to the point that if I don’t get my first pick then my second pick will 100% set the course for the entire roster!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive 2 in mind. Having 2 picks between my first pick and second helps my main feud building capabilities

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I have two in mind myself. Hope they arent the same as your two folks :D

• Advertisement

Ah I just seen Hunter is gone.... bye bye my first choice

Delighted, Jericho was my first choice since the stip got revealed, and I’m actually surprised to see him go for so long without getting picked up!

Hold up, I can't see where Sting won a WWE tag team title, that pick isn't eligible.

I'll PM PTH now

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Necro wrote: »
    Hold up, I can't see where Sting won a WWE tag team title, that pick isn't eligible.

I'll PM PTH now

Aggggh... Knew Edge wouldnt have lasted all the way to me in the next round!! Damn Sting for not winning a Tag Title!

Cheers PTH, sorry about that but I gots to follow the rules.

I presume tbc PMed beaker anywho

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Cheers PTH, sorry about that but I gots to follow the rules.

I presume tbc PMed beaker anywho

But of course!

Gotta say, I’m enjoying researching the stip for the next round. Funny the amount of tiny crimes you can find wrestlers getting involved with that you never would have heard of!

Pick made. Hopefully my next pick will make it......

Picking up speed now and with Necro doing a double we might have a few more picks up soon. Honestly didn't expect Jeff to go in rd1 but he is someone who could have been so much bigger than he ended up being, maybe with the right booker (Necro) that can be the case in the draft

edit: Brock/ Jeff is very nice imo - Jeff is the perfect guy to be rag dolled by the Beast but still be wiling to put his body on the line to have a chance and he would def have the fans behind him

I was hoping to get Hogan but figured he would never make it to me so I had a couple on a reserve list.

Always been a massive fan of Jeff tbh and loved booking him the first year I entered the draft as a sub

Didn't think he would get to me but if he had would have had Cena going for the title record with the ultimate to be the man you gotta beat the man scenario... great draft BJ

Didn't think he would get to me but if he had would have had Cena going for the title record with the ultimate to be the man you gotta beat the man scenario... great draft BJ

Ive had Ric before and I think I can use him well against Adam Cole.

Jaysus, we're on a nice little roll. I hadn't been paying much attention. Last I checked we were six picks in.

Ric and Cole on the same roster is money, either against each other or as a pair.

Ric and Cole on the same roster is money, either against each other or as a pair.

They are both so similar but so different. Both work horses, both the leads of stables, both charismatic and a dream match in some respects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Finding this really interesting from an outsiders point of view

Some great picks so far and intrigued now to see how they will be booked

• Advertisement

I had a choice in mind that I'd have bet a fair amount of money had a kayfabe encounter with the po-po.

Apparently I've grossly misremembered.

I had a choice in mind that I'd have bet a fair amount of money had a kayfabe encounter with the po-po.

Apparently I've grossly misremembered.

Obviously I dunno who it is but soo many wrestlers have had real life ones that with some research you might still be ok. DUI's etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just dont some research and i have a pick in mind for the next round but i have a back up just incase

Obviously I dunno who it is but soo many wrestlers have had real life ones that with some research you might still be ok. DUI's etc

When I saw the stip I thought you’d run out of main event talent after just a few picks. But honestly I found almost 20 names, all of them main event talent or former world champions that had some form of brush with the law! Everyone should get a top talent out of this round once you do some googling of the word “arrested” after someone’s name!

You can PM me if you like H2D and I'll take a look seeing as I've gone already

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

At this speed, will we need to push Rumble order back to R4?

daithi1989 wrote:

If it happens, it happens. Good thing about the Rumble round is it can slot in anywhere

daithi1989 wrote: »

Was just thinking that, think ABMG thanked the last pick so he knows he's up and I'm here for the next while so things could keep moving potentially

Trying to decide between a big main event opponent for Cena or someone I really want to book atm. Would be a much easier decision in previous years but this year where I only expect to put in a PPV card and maybe a post explaining it all I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Should have my pick up soon. Had to do a bit of research and trying to decide between a few

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

is only 1 carnation of a wrestler allowed ???

Mick Foley is mankind, Cactus Jack etc
    Moxley is Dean Ambrose too etc

Advertisement