Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Maybe I have your meaning wrong here but I am last next round (I believe your third last) and ABMG is last this round.

In some ways being last might be good for me next round as I will be less tempted to go for someone other than who I had planned just because they are somehow still available.

Yeah I was not very clear in what I was trying to say here, I meant I was picking late in each of the last 4 rounds

Round 5 - 15th
    Round 6 - 9th
    Round 7 - 12th
    Round 8 - 14th

I had it better than most in the opening 4 rounds so I cant complain. So I'm hoping the next round is kind to me and Ill have a decent number in round 10 based off averages.

Happy with my roster so far. Trading has benefited the feuds Ive planned.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Decided to gamble.

Allin fits the roster, in my opinion, and I figure he's the type who could go any pick now.

Allins an entertaining in-ring star with a unique look and move set. He fits well in what you've built so far.

Steph joining a Macho Man /HHH feud in Brads fed? Oh boy

This was a tough round. I struggled to decide between four or five. I've made my decision and hopefully some of the others are available in the later rounds, although I suspect not. I'm really worried about two picks in particular.

Now all I have to do is wait and hope the couple of people ahead of me don't rob my next pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well hopefully your pick made it , one thing I've noticed about this draft is the massive amount of quality available even this far in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Well hopefully your pick made it , one thing I've noticed about this draft is the massive amount of quality available even this far in

Oh his did... it was one half of my planned pick!
    my valentine no more :(
    giphy.gif

Was thinking of having him in a feud with Vince or a Vince surrogate about the idea of setting up a wrestlers union. Which is what he tried to do in real life until Hogan narc'd on him to Vince iirc.

As that pick was penciled in as my planned one for the past week... time to scramble and do some thinking

• Advertisement

Actually is there anyone people are actively looking to trade? Started thinking about it once I had to change my plans and although there is nobody I'm personally looking to move on (if you really twisted my arm maybe I'd trade Sting or Tanahashi) but people could change their minds if they suddenly found out X could be available. Only names I think people have thrown out there have been Benoit or maybe Kobashi iirc

Actually is there anyone people are actively looking to trade? Started thinking about it once I had to change my plans and although there is nobody I'm personally looking to move on (if you really twisted my arm maybe I'd trade Sting or Tanahashi) but people could change their minds if they suddenly found out X could be available. Only names I think people have thrown out there have been Benoit or maybe Kobashi iirc

RVD and Umaga are available.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Not currently looking for trades myself though my inbox is always open for offers :D

beakerjoe wrote: »
    RVD and Umaga are available.

No way I was expecting the guys I had hoped to draft in previous rounds would be available (Flair, Riddle) but thought you might have had a plan in mind for RVD & Riddle

Interesting to see your about though, only you and MNG before myself and tbh I've no idea who I'm going to pick after having my planned pick locked in for so long before today

No way I was expecting the guys I had hoped to draft in previous rounds would be available (Flair, Riddle) but thought you might have had a plan in mind for RVD & Riddle

Interesting to see your about though, only you and MNG before myself and tbh I've no idea who I'm going to pick after having my planned pick locked in for so long before today

I do have a plan for RVD but its a loose one. If someone was to make an offer I could change my plan.

Sting for RVD for example would tempt me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I have plans but I'm always open to trade ideas for sure

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I do have a plan for RVD but its a loose one. If someone was to make an offer I could change my plan.

Sting for RVD for example would tempt me

Currently have Sting penciled into my main event and although I have an alternate plan I could do I don't think RVD would be arm twisty enough to get him away from me.

Currently feeding a new born among other things so can't reply to pms for a bit but wanted to do a quick reply here in case you were waiting before making your next pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Kobashi is the only guy on my roster that I currently don't have a plan for so I am open to offers

I'd be open to trading Sabu if anyone is game

Currently have Sting penciled into my main event and although I have an alternate plan I could do I don't think RVD would be arm twisty enough to get him away from me.

Currently feeding a new born among other things so can't reply to pms for a bit but wanted to do a quick reply here in case you were waiting before making your next pick

Waiting for a Trade to be confirmed by the other party before picking

Can it only be a one for one trade or could it be two for one, three, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Beniot is still available - no idea where I’m going with things yet!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Can it only be a one for one trade or could it be two for one, three, etc...

That's up to the two parties to negotiate:)

Necro wrote: »
    That's up to the two parties to negotiate:)

I suppose we may find out how badly BH wants Jesse at some stage...

I suppose we may find out how badly BH wants Jesse at some stage...

If you were trying to get me to trade you someone he would sweeten the deal alright ;):p

The tag partner I would have taken with him would probably have played a role in any plan I had for Jesse though and I'm not sure if I'll take him now (If he lasts a few more rounds on his own who knows) however.

You taking Jesse and now no potential option of taking a woman next round has me questioning the plans I had big time though. Cue a load of woman going in the round after

• Advertisement

If you were trying to get me to trade you someone he would sweeten the deal alright ;):p

The tag partner I would have taken with him would probably have played a role in any plan I had for Jesse though and I'm not sure if I'll take him now (If he lasts a few more rounds on his own who knows) however.

You taking Jesse and now no potential option of taking a woman next round has me questioning the plans I had big time though. Cue a load of woman going in the round after

I considered taking a (presumably the same) tag partner of his but would have had no use for him. I wouldn't have used them as a team and I'd be shoehorning him in to something for the sake of it. It's my first draft rodeo and have a fairly strict idea of what I want.

I'd certainly consider him next year though as he'd be a great pick.

I considered taking a (presumably the same) tag partner of his but would have had no use for him. I wouldn't have used them as a team and I'd be shoehorning him in to something for the sake of it. It's my first draft rodeo and have a fairly strict idea of what I want.

I'd certainly consider him next year though as he'd be a great pick.

If we are talking the same person (think im the only person to have taken them together before) I'd probably have not used them as a team either but given their history he would have fit in as a Vince McMahon heavy be it in a feud vs Jesse or not.

Think I know what i'll do with my next pick now but it all depends on BJ and MNG

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Beniot is still available - no idea where I’m going with things yet!

Would you trade him for Sabu ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is Bray Wyatt/fiend gone yet?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is Bray Wyatt/fiend gone yet?

Yep. Hammer of the Clods took him in round 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,799 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yep. Hammer of the Clods took him in round 3.

Ah that would of been a nice pick

All the big names must be gone by now ?

Bobby "The Brain Heenan" an all time great and a top pick at this stage. Not who I feared MNG would take but actually also one of my next planned picks *shakes a fist at MNG*. Thankfully 2 out of the 3 next picks are mine so I'll throw up the one I actually thought he might have taken from me now and then re-evaluate before the next one.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ah that would of been a nice pick

All the big names must be gone by now ?

Depends what you mean by big names. The absolute superstars that are known outside of wrestling are all pretty much gone, with maybe three/four exceptions

But there's still an absolute mountain of brilliant talent from all the various companies to be drafted, just a case of doing a little bit of research, imo anyways.

Updated Rosters after Round 8:

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Round 7 Round 8
    Mr. Nice Guy Hulk Hogan Roman Reigns Scott Steiner JBL Booker T Rick Rude Ricky Steamboat Bobby Heenan
    Lord TSC Undertaker Broken' Matt Hardy Mick Foley Aleister Black Braun Strowman Raven & Tommy Dreamer William Regal Darby Allin
    Bounty Hunter John Cena Vince Mc Mahon Sting Cody Rhodes & Goldust Dusty Rhodes Hiroshi Tanahasi Ultimate Warrior The Fabulous Freebirds
    beakerjoe Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly Ric Flair Matt Riddle & Velveteen Dream Batista Walter Rob Van Dam Umaga Eric Bischoff
    Necro Jeff Hardy Brock Lesnar Andre The Giant DDP Ted DiBiase & IRS Bobby Roode New Age Outlaws Paul Heyman
    brianregan09 The Rock Eddie Guerrero Kenny Omega Rey Mysterio Pentagon Jr & Rey Fenix Tazz & Sabu Sheamus Adam Page
    ShagNastii Shawn Michaels Scott Hall & Curt Hennig Ronda Rousey Kevin Nash Tetsuaya Naito The Great Muta Shane McMahon Maxwell Jacob Freeman
    Hello 2D Person Below Stone Cold Steve Austin Rowdy Roddy Piper Road Warriors Kane Brian Pillman Luna Vachon Pac Jesse Ventura
    PTH2009 Edge Goldberg Drew McIntyre Big Show Christian Austin Aries Finlay Abyss
    daithi1989 Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano Chris Benoit Big E & Xavier Woods Trish Stratus Sasha Banks Bully Ray Pete Dunne War Raiders
    Furious Red Seth Rollins AJ Styles Keith Lee Samoa Joe Shinsuke Nakamura Ricochet & Matt Sydal Andrade The Revival
    thebostoncrab Chris Jericho Kurt Angle Kazuchika Okada Kevin Owens Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki Marty Scurrl Kofi Kingston Jushin Liger
    JP Liz V1 CM Punk Becky Lynch Owen Hart and The British Bulldog Lita Tyson Kidd & Cesaro Jeff Jarrett The Miz Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin
    NITRO95 John Moxley Vader KENTA & Kenta Kobashi Kalisto & Sami Zayn Trent Seven & Tyler Bate David Starr The Great Sasuke LA Park
    A Brad Maddox Guy Triple H Randy Savage Finn Balor Randy Orton Young Bucks Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard Jordan Devlin Stephanie McMahon
    Hammer of the Clods Daniel Bryan Bret Hart Bray Wyatt Jake The Snake Roberts Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen Awesome Kong Charlotte Flair AJ Lee

• Advertisement

Cheers Necro will add that to the OP of the other thread although some editing may be needed as...
    Reports are circulating with regards trade activity within the 2020 PW draft. Our sources within the BWA are reporting that the promotion have concluded talks with an as yet unnamed secondary promotion and that the first trade of the season may be upon us. It is unknown at the moment who they are trading for or plan on letting go but we previously revealed that they had mentioned the possibility of Sting or Hiroshi Tanahashi leaving the promotion despite at least one of them being mentioned as being penciled in for a main event role in the promotion this year.

Other reports suggest that their may be more than one trade in the offing for the promotion and that they have a rather unusual pick planned as their next draftee. Stay tuned to the draft thread to find out more.

Advertisement