Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Options

Comments

Jaysus, BH was busy behind the scenes.

giphy.gif

Yesterday I was absolutely certain of who I was going to take but I'm indecisive today. Thankfully there's a fair few to go before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pick made and PM sent :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jaysus, BH was busy behind the scenes.

giphy.gif

Yesterday I was absolutely certain of who I was going to take but I'm indecisive today. Thankfully there's a fair few to go before me.

That's what happens when you throw a big name out on the thread as being potentially trade able. People make you offers and sometimes they are too good to refuse

Sting is a huge name but ala Daithi with Benoit if your struggling in terms of how your going to use someone maybe it's best to take a deal especially when you get Mr Perfect & Demolition in return.

Will Osprey is a great value pick from Brian there too, strongly considered him myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Mid-point roster feedback post incoming...

Hello 2D: I like the mix of periods in your roster; Austin is the biggest star in the draft imo which can make finding an opponent a bit daunting but having the option to feud with Piper or his old teammate Flyin Brian means you've found a couple of excellent ones.

Daithi: You've got an excellent women's matchup and either one of the strongest tag team divisions we've seen or some excellent DIY feud options. EDIT: I forgot to add that I like the move to get the Dudley Boyz together, especially since you were struggling to figure a plan for Benoit.

Lord TSC: It feels like you always assemble the maddest roster every year and this is no exception. How William Regal stays sane in that locker room I've no idea. Obviously Undertaker is the biggest star but there's a litany of options with Black, Broken Matt, Braun & Foley. You pretty much can't go wrong considering the theme you're running with so far.

brianregan: You've gotten some excellent value in the last few rounds but any combination of your first three picks would be amazing. Good contrast of styles also, there's a bit of everything able to feature on this PPV.

Furious Red: I said it earlier, I'd hate to be a jobber on this roster! You've got plenty of options for a main event, I reckon any combination of about 4 or 5 people could easily headline an event here so looking forward to seeing what you go with.

Mr Nice Guy: I'm almost cursing the lower post limit now that you have Heenan. Throw in Steiner and it's downright cruel we might miss out on some classic MNG promos. A very strong roster, interesting to see you haven't chosen any tag teams yet. It looks like a clear main event and yet I can't shake the idea that you might write Booker T or Steamboat into the esteemed positions they deserve.

JP Liz: I'm a huge fan of so much of this roster; I love Cesaro & Kidd (I drafted them in round 2 last year), I love The Miz & CM Punk is probably my favourite wrestler of the last 15 years. I like that it has the usual JP Liz feel to a roster but clocking in a Becky vs Lita feud early on was a good move.

ShagNastii: A big trade to get Sting, you gave up a lot but I think you'll make it worthwhile. Michaels, Sting, The Outsiders, Naito & Muta is an incredible top end of the roster and that's ignoring Rousey who (I'm guessing) has yet to have her opponent and a great sh*thouse heel in MJF. No idea what this PPV is but I'm already sold.

Hammer: Good drafting getting the Wyatt Family, a potentially mouth-watering matchup if you go Bryan vs Bret, a women's division with everything and two of the toughest b******* in wrestling thrown in. You've actually got my main event from last year in here too so I obviously rate it highly and I'd be interested in seeing what you would do should you go Bryan vs Roberts.

Nitro95: There's a great mix here, Moxley is great to write for & surprisingly dynamic. Vader is awesome and the 3 tag picks in a row gave you great value. I love the OTT element here too.

Bounty Hunter: After those trades you can literally make any combination you want & I'd buy it as a main event. I've absolutely no idea who fights who aside from maybe Freebirds vs Demolition but even that doesn't look certain. Great getting Rhodes Family together, you've got 3 major faces in Cena, Tanahashi & Warrior and the perfect foil for anyone with Vince. Sign me up.

PTH2009: Edge & Goldberg could headline any show but then you've also got McIntyre with perfect timing, any combo is money. I like the variety of characters filling the rest of your roster thus far, some great wrestling ability too. Also interesting to see you haven't taken any tag teams yet.

thebostoncrab: Your first three picks are without doubt some of the best wrestling all-rounders of all time, capable of carrying anyone to an amazing match and an even better feud. There's excellent matches available with everyone you've drafted anyway, I particularly like seeing Scurll & Sabre on the same roster this year.

beakerjoe: I love how you've got members of Undisputed Era on the same roster as members of Evolution, even if you don't go that route with a feud. Which would be understandable what with Riddle & WALTER on the roster. I've actually no idea what this card ends up looking like, it's quite fluid and I'd be interested in seeing anybody in pretty much any spot.

Necro: The year I had Lesnar I found it really tough to get an opponent I liked with him, doesn't look like you'll have that problem, Andre is one of the few that make Lesnar an underdog! Or should you go the Hardy route, Jeff is just about crazy enough to get himself killed trying to beat Brock and it would be hugely (and I mean hugely) entertaining. The rest of your card is super entertaining too and of course being able to pair Heyman with Lesnar is massive.

Great draft so far folks, there's some mouth-watering prospects in there that even WWE creative couldn't ruin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bobby "The Brain Heenan" an all time great and a top pick at this stage. Not who I feared MNG would take but actually also one of my next planned picks *shakes a fist at MNG*. Thankfully 2 out of the 3 next picks are mine so I'll throw up the one I actually thought he might have taken from me now and then re-evaluate before the next one.

I don't know why I thought Bobby Heenan was already gone, great pick that can be used in many ways, excellent mouthpiece and was a wrestler too but hands down the best manager ever

• Advertisement

Fascinated to see what BJ had to give up to get MJF and Ronda...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cheers for the feedback ABMG

Funny what you can find with just a quick google search (looking for images/logos etc I used in the past as I've less time this year) with the name of your promotion involved

from just last year for example:

yoPJ0S.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

:pac:

My fake Punk Tweets.

Or were they fake:P

I assume Furious Red is aware that they're up and less than an hour to go?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I've PMed Furious just as a reminder anyways.

• Advertisement

Right the 24 hr deadline has passed unfortunately so Furious Red has missed their pick, they can take it at the end of the round again.

So next up is:

NITRO95
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Necro
    beakerjoe
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    JP Liz V1
    Mr. Nice Guy
    daithi1989
    thebostoncrab
    Lord TSC
    Missed Pick: Furious Red

I will PM NITRO and let them know it's their go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Pick made & pm sent

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hey guys yea i had received the PM yesterday but totally forgot about it so thats 100% my fault so ill happily wait till everyone has picked and hope my pick isnt gone ha

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Literally spoilt for choice.... 2 many lads i want. Will make a choice shortly

Honestly had one pick ear marked, but there was at least other picks available that made me change my mind.

Dynamite should not be available and I had no intention of drafting him. I coundnt pass him by.

I debated Ibushi too. He also should not be available. Went with Billington over Kota as I believe I can get more out of Dynamite character wise

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Happy to have been able get the 2 trades done in the last few days; having wanted Kofi once I got Big E and Woods, I really shouldnt have tried to push it as long as I did.

And with me having no plans for Benoit, getting the Dudleys as well, I'm def happy with how things are looking!

Now I've to try figure out where to use all my tag teams, be thats as teams or single competitors....!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Had plans for Kofi, but to be honest he was sticking out too much and I just couldn't get behind the plans fully. But when the cogs starting moving and then that stip for the next round came up, I saw the oppertunity for Alex Shelly and Chris Sabin to fit really nicely with the roster, and they simply match the "feel" more than Kofi did.

I had a bit of a puzzle to solve and thankfully I think I've figured it out.

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Happy to have been able get the 2 trades done in the last few days; having wanted Kofi once I got Big E and Woods, I really shouldnt have tried to push it as long as I did.

And with me having no plans for Benoit, getting the Dudleys as well, I'm def happy with how things are looking!

Now I've to try figure out where to use all my tag teams, be thats as teams or single competitors....!

Well.... there's one way you could resolve it...

giphy.gif

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Necro wrote: »
    Well.... there's one way you could resolve it...

giphy.gif

;)

I have something in mind - not fully on the level of War Games, and not sure how I’ll execute, but need to start building a few single bouts soon!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m 90% sure I know who I’m taking but just doing a flick over things to be 100%.

With Round 10 stop, I thought I might get MCMGs oh well back to the drawing board

I actually haven't a clue who I want next, I was pretty focused on getting Heyman and Storm and haven't even thought about who I might draft next.

Ah well, have almost a full round yet to figure it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pick Made and PM Sent , I think i have an idea we'll see ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’m sure it’s been asked before but is the three month rule superseded if said team have held official tag titles.

Surely that makes them an unquestioned tag team?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I’m sure it’s been asked before but is the three month rule superseded if said team have held official tag titles.

My opinion would be yes, though I'm happy for others to interject.

I think it would depend on how long they held the gold for.

It really would depend on a case by case basis.

ShagNastii wrote: »

I'd say yes also

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Like, I wouldn't personally count a tag title run that only lasted a week, if it was two singles guys or something.

I'd say three months could drop a bit to one month, but you'd think they'd need to have had a few matches together.

Mind, if they got and kept the titles, they probably did anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Winning the tag titles never used to be sufficient criteria to qualify as a tag team. I think that's fair, really. For instance, Rock and Undertaker were tag champs at one stage but I don't think anyone would consider them a tag team just because they had the belts. So even if a team had the belts they needed to be together for 3 months.

I personally feel 3 months is a fair amount of time to judge whether guys were a tag team. Don't think that necessarily means they have to be tagging every week for 12 weeks, but there should be some sense that they were working with one another over that period.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Advertisement