Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'd even be in fair of going a step further and bringing in a minimum match count to be met, although I'll acknowledge that may not work fairly with indie promotions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd even be in fair of going a step further and bringing in a minimum match count to be met, although I'll acknowledge that may not work fairly with indie promotions.

I encourage smart drafting/ researched eligible picks where you play the rules given to the best of your ability etc but for the future this would perhaps be a good way of weeding out what I’d call loopholey picks.

That said atm I think I might be looking at making a very loopholey pick this round myself:pac:

Specifically with regards the tag titles question it’d be hard to judge without knowing the team in question but seeing as there was nothing in the rules about the 3month limit being reduced in this way I’d be reluctant to change things at this stage. No problem at all if people want to though as obviously titles would make them teaming together more memorable. Check cagematch.net/wrestlingdatabase.? Who know maybe you will find at least one match they teamed together in the month prior to and after their tag win (even house shows etc).

Edit: Sky Pirates are great value at this stage

Sky Pirates are a brilliant pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Check cagematch.net/wrestlingdatabase.? Who know maybe you will find at least one match they teamed together in the month prior to and after their tag win.

Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh...........!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugh, Haku gone :( he was on my list.

Think it’s time to take my main “comedy” guy...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok so I *think* I have the trades included on the updated roster, good as far as the end of Round 9:

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Round 7 Round 8 Round 9
    Mr. Nice Guy Hulk Hogan Roman Reigns Scott Steiner JBL Booker T Rick Rude Ricky Steamboat Bobby Heenan Ron Simmons
    Lord TSC Undertaker Broken' Matt Hardy Mick Foley Aleister Black Braun Strowman Raven & Tommy Dreamer William Regal Darby Allin Evil Uno & Stu Grayson
    Bounty Hunter John Cena Vince Mc Mahon Mr. Perfect (Trade) Cody Rhodes & Goldust Dusty Rhodes Hiroshi Tanahasi Ultimate Warrior The Fabulous Freebirds Demolition (Trade), Chris Benoit (Trade)
    beakerjoe Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly Ric Flair Matt Riddle, Maxwell Jacob Friedman (Trade) Batista Walter Rob Van Dam Umaga Ronda Rousey (Trade) Dynamite Kid
    Necro Jeff Hardy Brock Lesnar Andre The Giant DDP Ted DiBiase & IRS Bobby Roode New Age Outlaws Paul Heyman Cowboy James Storm
    brianregan09 The Rock Eddie Guerrero Kenny Omega Rey Mysterio Pentagon Jr & Rey Fenix Tazz & Sabu Sheamus Adam Page Will Ospreay
    ShagNastii Shawn Michaels Scott Hall Sting (Trade) Kevin Nash Tetsuaya Naito The Great Muta Shane McMahon Velveteen Dream (Trade) Eric Bischoff (Trade)
    Hello 2D Person Below Stone Cold Steve Austin Rowdy Roddy Piper Road Warriors Kane Brian Pillman Luna Vachon Pac Jesse Ventura Paul Bearer
    PTH2009 Edge Goldberg Drew McIntyre Big Show Christian Austin Aries Finlay Abyss Hurricane Helms
    daithi1989 Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano Kofi Kingston (Trade) Big E & Xavier Woods Trish Stratus Sasha Banks Bully Ray Pete Dunne War Raiders D-Von Dudley (Trade)
    Furious Red Seth Rollins AJ Styles Keith Lee Samoa Joe Shinsuke Nakamura Ricochet & Matt Sydal Andrade The Revival Santana & Ortiz
    thebostoncrab Chris Jericho Kurt Angle Kazuchika Okada Kevin Owens Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki Marty Scurrl Chris Sabin (Trade) Jushin Liger KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley
    JP Liz V1 CM Punk Becky Lynch Owen Hart and The British Bulldog Lita Tyson Kidd & Cesaro Jeff Jarrett The Miz Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas
    NITRO95 John Moxley Vader KENTA & Kenta Kobashi Kalisto & Sami Zayn Trent Seven & Tyler Bate David Starr The Great Sasuke LA Park The Briscoes
    A Brad Maddox Guy Triple H Randy Savage Finn Balor Randy Orton Young Bucks Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard Jordan Devlin Stephanie McMahon Kota Ibushi
    Hammer of the Clods Daniel Bryan Bret Hart Bray Wyatt Jake The Snake Roberts Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen Awesome Kong Charlotte Flair AJ Lee Luke Harper & Eric Rowan

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Plenty of top talent available but had to act on Britt now.

Couldnt afford to have her slip

MNG

tenor.gif?itemid=4703976

I wanted Lex :(

I must say, Bounty Hunter has assembled an exceptional roster.

I must say, Bounty Hunter has assembled an exceptional roster.

Much appreciated, I’ve left picking my female wrestlers a bit late but... wait a second I choose who goes next in the next round ha, and although flattery will get you everywhere I’ll probably just be picking whoever seems to be online when I make my pick so as to endure this round moves at s decent pace.

Speaking of picking, passed out last night when it came to my pick (my newborn has taken all my energy and brainpower) so will look to make my current pick soon. That said I’m at work and on my phone now, plus it’s the middle of the night there so will probably take my time as I don’t expect anyone will be waiting on me atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Congratulations on the new baby BH

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Folks I'm going to be away for the next 24 hrs or so, is there anyone about I can PM my next pick to so as not to hold up the draft?

Necro wrote: »
    Folks I'm going to be away for the next 24 hrs or so, is there anyone about I can PM my next pick to so as not to hold up the draft?

Fire away, chief.

Just PMed you there with my two options, cheers :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ill have my pick up later today, just back from a friends stag so need a few hours :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Have about 3 or 4 in mind for my next pick. So many names still available who I didnt think would last. Tempted to change a storyline or two up.

Fire away, chief.

Looks like you’re online, if you can stay online for 5/10m (posting on my phone so taking a bit) you’ll be next!

giphy.gif

Will add a proper pic etc to that post later but considering I’ve waited until 2/3rds of the way into the draft for my first female pick I’m pretty pleased with being still able to get the quality of someone such as Shayna.

Actually had thoughts of pairing her with someone like Toyota so nice pick 2D

Nobody else seems to be online so in keeping with BH and keeping the selections moving...

whoever replies in this thread next can have the next pick.

• Advertisement

Nobody else seems to be online so in keeping with BH and keeping the selections moving...

Feel bad jumping in but I did give it a few hrs and nobody responded

:P

Feel bad jumping in but I did give it a few hrs and nobody responded

:P

To be honest, you'd have been the one I PMed as you're usually online but I didn't know what the story was after you saying you wouldn't be around for the 24 hours or so.

I thought a good ole Championship Scramble to decide the next pick would be best for business.

Actually had thoughts of pairing her with someone like Toyota so nice pick 2D

I had planned to pick her when I took Ventura but when I searched it didn't seem like she had been picked much in these drafts over the years so thought I'd get away with a couple of extra rounds. Apparently I didn't search well enough because when I re-searched after picking Haku I saw she has been selected loads and when it dawned on me you hadn't picked any women yet I thought "Uh-oh."

I suppose I have to thank the Wilder vs Fury fight for me being up and online :P And, of course, your fine self for making an excellent next pick choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

This part of the draft is the killer. In the first few rounds you can almost guess who’s going to go. People certainly go value & name over want.

Wide open now and it really is a game of chicken about picking somebody (a lesser talent) who you really want but who you might think could last a few rounds.

Yeah, the last few picks have basically all been people I had on my shortlist.

Will get my pick up very shortly :)

I'm 95% sure Bliss and *snip* aren't gone yet.

They're not, but they do fall foul of the 'World Champion' rule for tag teams which hasn't been lifted for the wimmens yet

They're not, but they do fall foul of the 'World Champion' rule for tag teams which hasn't been lifted for the wimmens yet

Yes Alexa was champion

Oh, I hadn’t realized it would be separated for the men and women like that.

Ok, I’ll pull one of the two now...

• Advertisement

ShagNastii has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space

Advertisement