Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Options

Comments

elperello wrote: »
    Poor Christy had his demons, try to go easy on him.

Life has lot's of turns.

Heroin is a terrible scourge, isn't it.

It'd make you wonder how many Christy Dignams, Bonos, and other artists it's stolen away, whom we never knew about.

It's a plague. Hope Christy Dignam is doing well. I don't think he was on the radio this weekend, but he deserves praise, anyway. Seems like a nice, hard-working fella.

Heroin is a terrible scourge, isn't it.

It'd make you wonder how many Christy Dignams, Bonos, and other artists it's stolen away, whom we never knew about.

It's a plague. Hope Christy Dignam is doing well. I don't think he was on the radio this weekend, but he deserves praise, anyway. Seems like a nice, hard-working fella.

Bonos? I didn't think Bono himself had been affected by heroin addiction :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,137 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bonos? I didn't think Bono himself had been affected by heroin addiction :confused:

The poster means the undiscovered talent who could have made it but never did due to heroin….if if I understand the lad correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

Always about attention for SOC

Good singer but absolutely Tiresome woman

Give her about a year and she'll probably be announcing her comeback. Brendan O'Connor is as bad for indulging her as Gay Byrne used to be.

Give her about a year and she'll probably be announcing her comeback. Brendan O'Connor is as bad for indulging her as Gay Byrne used to be.
    It does come across a little bit like a publicity stunt. Am I imagining it, or did she not say during her previous Brendan O'Connor interview that there's a new record coming out?

Edit: Just as I was searching for that, I saw that she's now retracted the statement, says it was a knee-jerk reaction. In yesterday's interview she said it had been in the pipeline for months.

You wouldn't know what to believe when it comes to SO'C

https://twitter.com/MagdaDavitt77/status/1402013596238979075?s=20

• Advertisement

Mad bat……. Shouldn’t be tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I do wish people would stop indulging this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

It does come across a little bit like a publicity stunt. Am I imagining it, or did she not say during her previous Brendan O'Connor interview that there's a new record coming out?

Edit: Just as I was searching for that, I saw that she's now retracted the statement, says it was a knee-jerk reaction. In yesterday's interview she said it had been in the pipeline for months.

You wouldn't know what to believe when it comes to SO'C

https://twitter.com/MagdaDavitt77/status/1402013596238979075?s=20

Took her less than a year, after all. Only took a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,448 ✭✭✭✭elperello

She's very unpredictable but ultimately doing no harm.

At least we know she's clearly not in the grip of some svengali like pr agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

Van the Man(child)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just turned in. Who's this yank?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just turned in. Who's this yank?

James Vincent McMorrow...all the way from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,977 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Cole wrote: »

Like, sounds like there's a bit of Cork in him too, like.

Like...rarely...like...has an interview given me such a pain in me face...like...

Yeah mental health (again) dude...like

I'd never have guessed. He sounds more american than panty bliss.

"C'mere"

End of interview imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I could put 20 Vincent mc morrows and more in a room together and they wouldn't come near to writing something that contained one tenth of the genius of anything from Vans pen, Brendan can make all the sarky comments he likes Vans genius will remain long after we're all gone... I care not one whit for Vans views on anything, a world of Vincent mc morrows and the likes with their magnolia music would be hell to me

I could put 20 Vincent mc morrows and more in a room together and they wouldn't come near to writing something that contained one tenth of the genius of anything from Vans pen, Brendan can make all the sarky comments he likes Vans genius will remain long after we're all gone... I care not one whit for Vans views on anything, a world of Vincent mc morrows and the likes with their magnolia music would be hell to me

I like Van but I can also recognise that McMorrow has some talent.

You don't have to dismiss one to praise the other.

C'mere, listen to me, it's only Vanilla Ice like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,977 ✭✭✭thesandeman

If they edited out all the "like" from Vincent and the "y'know" from Vanilla the show would only need to be an hour long.

• Advertisement

He's right about the lack of imagination these days-even though his biggest hit was a sample of Under Pressure.

Surprised to hear BO'C making a skit out of the Don Tidey kidnap.

I know he was young at the time but some of us know that Garda Sheehan and Private Kelly never came home.

I expect there will be an apology tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is that ingrid Miley on ?

Thought she retired a few days ago from RTÉ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Hard to disagree with any part of what the CEO of CityJet was saying. The vulnerable are vaccinated, there’ll be variant after variant after variant, enough is enough.

Is that ingrid Miley on ?

Thought she retired a few days ago from RTÉ

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Woeful crap on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Woeful crap on now.

Brendan’s personal psychoanalytical space. Your man is a right spacer.

Shelga wrote: »
    Hard to disagree with any part of what the CEO of CityJet was saying. The vulnerable are vaccinated, there’ll be variant after variant after variant, enough is enough.

I’m sure he will be up front and central if a new surge comes up and devastates the hospital system.

Will he fuuuherke!!!!

Nothing to do with me guv………. Sort it out yourselves lads…..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I’m sure he will be up front and central if a new surge comes up and devastates the hospital system.

Will he fuuuherke!!!!

Nothing to do with me guv………. Sort it out yourselves lads…..

Something surreal about today's program - BOC ranting against Tony Houlihan and NPHET again ,

Ingrid Miley in shock at the closure of StoBert - an airline that had lost its contract with Aer Lingus , was sold to a company that had no finance and an airline whose business was reliant on business travellers between Donegal and Kerry !
    Then we have the CEO of Cityjet lashing out at everyone, talking about 'travel apartheid' ,a CEO whose airline went into examinership owing 500 million ! (& he can't blame Covid)

Meantime in the real world the UK are about to defer 'freedom day ' and tighter travel restrictions are to be put in place between the UK and Ireland. ....

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Something surreal about today's program - BOC ranting against Tony Houlihan and NPHET again ,

Ingrid Miley in shock at the closure of StoBert - an airline that had lost its contract with Aer Lingus , was sold to a company that had no finance and an airline whose business was reliant on business travellers between Donegal and Kerry !
    Then we have the CEO of Cityjet lashing out at everyone, talking about 'travel apartheid' ,a CEO whose airline went into examinership owing 500 million ! (& he can't blame Covid)

Meantime in the real world the UK are about to defer 'freedom day ' and tighter travel restrictions are to be put in place between the UK and Ireland. ....

Hey

Good to have at least one…. Uh….. maybe two persons who can see through these people.

Good call, dude.

Advertisement