Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The case of the racist blackcurrant drink

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

beejee wrote: »
    Okay, there's always violent people, no matter where from.

That said, I'm literally after viewing a fight between races on the streets of Dublin above there, and the bloke getting his head bounced off the ground by an obviously non-irish person (maybe the other fella is from Poland, who knows, who can tell anymore?!)

This stuff raises the hairs on the back of your neck.

Words just won't justify the the shock/realisation that this is happening here. It's lala land, it's madness, it's like an alternate dimension or something.

Who, in their right fooking mind thought this was what the country needed? Who asked for this? It's just sickening and bizarre all wrapped up in one.

I'm not getting the point? I hope you're not suggesting white Irish are somehow more civilised when they fight because Anto is just as likely to piledrive Deco after one too many Dutch Golds.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

I'm not getting the point? I hope you're not suggesting white Irish are somehow more civilised when they fight because Anto is just as likely to piledrive Deco after one too many Dutch Golds.

Who is Anto and Deco?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Who is Anto and Deco?

Rereg troll 1 and 2 from Dublin. Don't you know them?

Rereg troll 1 and 2 from Dublin. Don't you know them?

No but evidently you do, tell us about them. Or were you just trying and failing to be funny? Dont give up the day job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

...all this over a glass of Mi Wadi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Did you catch the first sentence I wrote? That you can get violent people from anywhere?

Do you think it's all a cosmic coincidence of insane magnitude that the two sides of that mini riot in the middle of our streets just so happened to be divided by race?

The point is that you have gangs of non-irish people fighting in the streets.

Yes, Irish people fight amongst themselves.

And yes, adding more gangs is totally insane.

What's worse than one complete shoite bag? Two complete shoite bags, that's what. If you have a choice between adding additional shoite, or not, what choice would you make? If there's some knacker in your house that you can't get rid of that pisses on the walls, that's no reason for me to allow ANOTHER knacker to come in and do the same. Why not three more, sure?

It's incredible viewing those videos posted above. People here don't realise what the "children" are up to in this country. Innocent or not, this is the view they are seeing of their own country, and it's absolutely shameful that this is what's being handed down to them.

Much worse is ahead, you can bet your house on it. I'm still surprised to see it manifesting now, nonetheless. Already? Jesus h. Christ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

She got fairly roasted.

Hehehe loved every every minute of it the harlot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

That’s a spear tackle of a particularly savage nature. I’m actually struggling to keep up now any more revelations?
    ...all this over a glass of Mi Wadi

Ah stop it all comes out after a few drinks ..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

That's horrific stuff, he had to put thought into doing that, hopefully he gets put away for it.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Happened 23rd of december, was discharged from hospital

Very lucky fella not to have ended up in the morgue or on life support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

What we are seeing now in Balbriggan, Red Cow incident etc is the coming through of this underclasses propensity for violence now as they come of age. This is part and parcel of their accepted culture and unfortunately a new level of violence and cultural enrichment forced upon by the likes of the UN and leeches in endless NGOs. Unfortunately we have a very naive political class abd media that rolls along with this

You wont be seeing many venues willing to have these afro nights anymore. That's two large scale incidents this year that I know of. It will be like a traveller trying to book a wedding... That'll be another excuse for the good doctor ebun whatever her name is to cry racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

There's plenty of racism in Ireland, this isn't one example of it.

This whole American 'intersectionality of oppression' lark has come out of yank universities and taken hold across lots of academic and media discourse. While masquerading as some ground-breaking critique of liberation etc, it actually poses no threat to the status quo - hence why corporations have so willingly embraced it. It'll often bang on about structural oppressions while basically reducing everything to individual thought and behaviour while focusing on nonsense issues like this event or someone using a certain type of emoji etc.

It's often a form of grifting too, people banging this drum in the media and academia pitching to a small group of people who buy into this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭SteM

I met a mate for lunch in the red cow today, there were fights outside. Lads smacking the head off each in the car park at 12:30 in the afternoon, I've never seen the likes of it to be honest but maybe I've led a sheltered life. The Gardai were called.

SteM wrote: »
    I met a mate for lunch in the red cow today, there were fights outside. Lads smacking the head off each in the car park at 12:30 in the afternoon, I've never seen the likes of it to be honest but maybe I've led a sheltered life. The Gardai were called.

I seen the video, they all had suitcases they looked like were going on holidays. Probably going over to see the London brethren.

Black twitter is hilarious today btw, comments are gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Really bizarre case this. Not sure if the serving of blackcurrant instead of wine was deliberate but it sounds it to me, mainly because cordial needs to be diluted so the server would have had to pour it into the wine glass and then top up with water. No pub/hotel goes and dilutes a litre of cordial into 10 or 12 wine bottles and then puts them on display so it has to be diluted.

Also feel the display bottle thing is a bit of a red herring, cordial comes in plastic bottles so not sure why there would be a need to transfer it into a wine bottle. Bars I worked in before had expensive bottles of Midleton whiskey on display on the counter for promotion purposes but they were filled with black tea in case anyone went and stole it. I've never heard of cordial being put into display bottles, in fact most pubs/hotels would prefer not display it at all as its literally the cheapest thing in the shop.

Finally in 4 and 5 star hotels everything has its own glass. Cordial would be servid in a slim jim or high ball glass, Ive never seen anywhere serve it in a wine glass unless a customer specifically asked for it.

Either way even though it looks suspicious she cant prove anything so think she should have just kept her mouth shut on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭SteM

I seen the video, they all had suitcases they looked like were going on holidays. Probably going over to see the London brethren.

It was checkout time, the lobby was jammed at 12ish. Nasty vibe around, we went in and got a sandwich and it all kicked off outside. The waitress just rolled her eyes and said 'there they go again' to her colleague.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I hope UCD don’t have to get to the point of dismissing her.

Call me an eternal optimist but I’m hoping she actually shows a bit of decency at the very last opportunity and hands in her notice to UCD and pays any pension/severance funds to a variety of Irish charities. It’s the least we can ask for.

If Trinity didnt dismiss Dr Ali Selim for his comments on FGM then UCD wont dismiss her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

https://twitter.com/i/status/1209588373263978496 mean while in cork, put volume up

I felt that crack when he hit the pavement. that wasnt just horseplay, that was intent to do serious damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭PonchoMcHoncho

She's posting on twitter today criticising the Gardaí for sending so many cars to the fighting at the afro night. Claiming the Gardaí are stoking the violence with such a big presence to masses of people attacking each other.

She's an absolute moron.

I heard one of the lads that got arrested asked the garda for a glass of water back at the station and they gave him Ribena.

She's posting on twitter today criticising the Gardaí for sending so many cars to the fighting at the afro night. Claiming the Gardaí are stoking the violence with such a big presence to masses of people attacking each other.

She's an absolute moron.

Type in #redcow on twitter and have a laugh. Look at the difference in the tweets.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

https://twitter.com/XSineadIgbommax/status/1212716612119171072?s=19

Black twitter is hilarious today btw, comments are gold.

What kind of inbred skum are these....
    Who the **** goes to a hotel and fights morning and night.. knuckledragging ballgrabbing skum

Absolutely a product of their parents and their either pig ignorance or religious fervour. Do we have the equivalent paveen pointless organisation to avoid any proper conversation about this particular social issue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I must have missed it, but can someone please explain (briefly) what "Afro Night" is/was, and what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

FTA69 wrote: »
    There's plenty of racism in Ireland, this isn't one example.
    Maybe not. This thread certainly is though. Lashing every single incident by black people into it. It's certainly not about Dr Joseph or Her blackcurrant anymore. Seems to be a dumping ground for all Irish Alt ****e White supremacists from Twitter.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Cordell

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Yeah I thought she was saying the hotel was trying to make a fool of her because she's black.

She got that covered herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

You wont be seeing many venues willing to have these afro nights anymore. That's two large scale incidents this year that I know of. It will be like a traveller trying to book a wedding... That'll be another excuse for the good doctor ebun whatever her name is to cry racism.

I was just thinking this is a level as bad if not worse than traveler incidents

Advertisement