Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest type of flu??

Options
  • 01-01-2020 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

A few people I know have had this, I had a similar one 2 years ago, do many have it? Is it a super flu? WTF is it?
    Stage one :
    Zero energy, headache, no appetite, chills, sweats,dryish cough,no real phlem or mucous.lasts about 5days.
    Stage two:
    slightly more energy, no chills/sweats, no headache, small appetite, a little phlem , lasts about 4 days .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭gifted

lalababa wrote: »
    A few people I know have had this, I had a similar one 2 years ago, do many have it? Is it a super flu? WTF is it?
    Stage one :
    Zero energy, headache, no appetite, chills, sweats,dryish cough,no real phlem or mucous.lasts about 5days.
    Stage two:
    slightly more energy, no chills/sweats, no headache, small appetite, a little phlem , lasts about 4 days .

Effects of an Irish Christmas......stay off the gargle for a month ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ruben James

You're getting old. Sorry about that. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

You’re right that’s exactly what it is like and it’s spreading like wildfire. Seems to affect older people more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Worst affected people become so weak they can't walk, high temp, zero appetite, banging headache, bed ridden for about five or six days ....
    Awful thing the flu.

I've had the flu once in my life about eighteen years ago, and I've never forgotten it, it was that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Meeoow

I had it 2 weeks ago. Felt terrible. Very fatigued. No appetite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Flu is an object of the imagination dreamt up by drugs companies trying to sell vaccines to gullible countries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

gifted wrote: »
    Effects of an Irish Christmas......stay off the gargle for a month ....

incorrect. apologies dude, im sure u mean well, but exhibit A actually needs to..

drink more

especially whiskey

lash in few lemons, bit of honey and cloves

boom

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Stage one :
    Stage two:

Described the Wife's Christmas right there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Got a dose yesterday morning, thought it was just a cold but then again hadn't been doing much activity at all. Agree with symptoms, Not much phlegm, infrequent cough, aching limbs, weak, cold sweats the odd time. Husband was off work so mostly looked after our toddler while I rested (thank god). Went for a short walk today to get a bit of fresh air and felt like I was going to keel over towards the end.

Spent new year's in bed, just went down to living room to count it down with husband and back to bed. Had the flu jab so thought I was fairly safe.

2020 will be healthier! Strange dose going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I had it 4 weeks ago, it’s a form of swine flu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Flu is an object of the imagination dreamt up by drugs companies trying to sell vaccines to gullible countries.

Ha ha, you won't be saying that after you've had it.
    There's some people in hospital with flu, it's that bad.

You'll know all about it, when you're bed ridden for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ha ha, you won't be saying that after you've had it.
    There's some people in hospital with flu, it's that bad.

You'll know all about it, when you're bed ridden for a week.

I've never had it, never seen anyone with it ever and been around this earth a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I've never had it, never seen anyone with it ever and been around this earth a long long time.

Exactly, all those people who are in hospital and elsewhere are obviously crisis actors paid by big pharma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Needs more 'Big Pharma'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Diddums. Youve got a cold. If you had actual flu youd know all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Trolling?
    Moron?
    Who cares. Ignore list either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭893bet

Stage one :
    Stage two:

Not a flu. More likely a slight virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

893bet wrote: »

There are loads of different variations and strains of the flu. Each with differing levels of effect. There is no one 'flu'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Atlantic Dawn is just a virus.

lawred2 wrote: »
    There are loads of different variations and strains of the flu. Each with differing levels of effect. There is no one 'flu'

Agree. But a “traditional flu” will have you confined to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

893bet wrote: »

Are you trolling? inFLUenza virus.

This variant caused me to black out during an evening meal, scaring everyone. Nasty ********

Pretty sure the christmas pudding wasn't 90 proof to cause it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

*Spits phlegm with the consistency of chewing gum at you*

Its horrible, just getting over it myself, couldn't move the first few days, then unbelievable raking cough with phlegm, ribs sore from it that lasted a week, on more antibiotics for chest infection now but its clearing up.

Never again do i want to go through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Awful dose doing the rounds for a month at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I had a sinus infection 2 months ago, but the last week or two I've felt fatigued, feverish and a weak feeling in my legs, not sure if it's still sinus acting up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

im not against vaccines but if had weak immune system be really young or old then would opt in issue is thou that theres to many strains out and around nowadays, and everyone has different bodies to, thus where one can recover or work trough mild agressive strain, someone with weaker immune system could be in the sweats and bed ridden for few weeks.

that said if people had decent courtesy something like is done in Japan as almost mandatory in respect to others wearing mask id imagine spread would be less, as now offices factories have hundreds people and doesnt take much to catch it anywhere.

mid September caught flu almost entire family, went on hols and even coming back it was stuck to me for another week or so, 4 weeks total of dripping nose, sneezing, coughing, chills etc.

whats worse i found that when having stronger flu, and you need to travel - it takes massive toll on ear drums, as all the crap liquid trapped in nostrils when plane descend flow to ear drum, nearly had fully punctured drum 10yrs back as decent seemed like getting needle pierced trough ear drum, and sure enough going on hols last year now mid September same, once decent started hearing went with massive pain took few days to recover - amazed its not mentioned more widely in media.

as there's plugs to even out pressure once decent starts to reduce any flow and even out at same rate as decent.

as might not seem common but few who experienced it, its ripping your ear drum which imagine few decades down will have impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,159 ✭✭✭✭Water John

About 50% going into A & E have this ATM. The flu jab missed the strain this year and last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Stage one :
    Stage two:

Daughter fainted this morning after having a brutal headache last night and consequently brought her to out of hours doc. Actually was our own GP on call. Anyway - he reckons it's this. I was surprised as she's no traditional 'flu' symptoms as I'd have thought of them apart from blowing hot one moment and cold the next. I'd add tenderness to the abdomen to your list though - at least for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Daughter fainted this morning after having a brutal headache last night and consequently brought her to out of hours doc. Actually was our own GP on call. Anyway - he reckons it's this. I was surprised as she's no traditional 'flu' symptoms as I'd have thought of them apart from blowing hot one moment and cold the next. I'd add tenderness to the abdomen to your list though - at least for her.

Our whole family had it including small children . It started with a headache , next day a sore throat . Progressed to sweats , chills , fatigue , no appetite , then a tight chest and hacking cough
    Then the head cold hit and the kids got diarrhoea . I was two full days in bed and could barely move . Its a flu all right

• Advertisement

ressem wrote: »
    Are you trolling? inFLUenza virus.

This variant caused me to black out during an evening meal, scaring everyone. Nasty ********

Pretty sure the christmas pudding wasn't 90 proof to cause it.

You ok now hun?

What the OP had was not the flu virus. That’s a fact. I called it a “slight virus”. He had a ****ing cold.

And by flu virus, I mean the traditional flu virus, not one that makes you a little tired as per the OP.
    As in the one where you are confined to bed for a week+ and your body is timid for a fair few weeks after.

Had it once.

If you want we can call every virus or cold the flu which is what people do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement