Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Did she not win the mares one of the years? Done VVM on the line by a snot

She did but she’s clearly not the same horse , flopped twice since , being particularly bad last year when a short price

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

I’m gonna be in cork Tuesday, london weds, Dublin thurs and lahinch in friday. **** my luck I’m all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Looking at the Gold Cup I can’t help being drawn to Clan Des Obeaux. There are the obvious question marks about his course form but he looked extremely impressive at Kempton over the Christmas, albeit in conditions not exactly comparable to Cheltenham. At around 8/1 generally, some of the value might be gone out of the price but after gaining the experience of finishing fifth in the race last year and not doing a lot wrong since, I feel he could have as good a chance as any.

Puppy made an interesting point at the boyles preview tonight saying that lostintranslation was flat as a pancake for the king George and he should have been pulled up at the start of the second circuit but the fact that he still was in the running 4 out would lead him to think the form doesn't hold much.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

Can anyone recommend a decent pub in Kilkenny city for the Thursday of the festival?

Village Inn or Christys on Patrick St usually good for Cheltenham, Boyles right beside them too.

On John St O Faolains or Breathnachs will have a decent crowd too and both beside Paddypowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

The move to Pipe from Mullins is a negative but Panic Attack getting 15lbs off most of them in the Bumper as a 4 y/o filly might be a good bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

The move to Pipe from Mullins is a negative but Panic Attack getting 15lbs off most of them in the Bumper as a 4 y/o filly might be a good bet.

Queens Brook could be a another very interesting runner if she goes as well. Was an impressive winner at Gowran.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

4 year olds don't win the bumper, cue card was the only one and he was exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

See Ravenhill being switched to the NH Chase apparently his connections have agreed, wonder if that means Codd rides this and then gets on Le Breuil in the KM.

Derek rides Forza Milan in the Nh Chase

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

madmoose wrote: »
    See Ravenhill being switched to the NH Chase apparently his connections have agreed, wonder if that means Codd rides this and then gets on Le Breuil in the KM.

Derek rides Forza Milan in the Nh Chase

When (Sorry if:rolleyes:) Discorama wins or comes close in the Ultima) Le Breuil is going to get very short for this.Raging i didnt do the related double when Discorama was a huge price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I certainly don't think a jockey booking is the key to picking the winner of either amateur handicap. The fact remains there are loads of really talented amateurs out there. Codd and O'Connor might have experience but there are plenty of brilliant amateur riders atm. You can expect the price of anything that O'Connor or Codd get on will collapse a good few points. Get smart, Darragh O'Keefe, Kevin Brouder, Sean O'Keefe, your boy Morgan for the DeBromhead, all these boys are lashing in the winners riding like champions.

Don't tunnel your picks into 2 jockeys, get smart.

https://www.goracing.ie/racing-statistics/jockeys/leading-jockeys/

https://www.amateurjockeys.org.uk/championship-tables/

The best horse will win, especially over 3 or 4 miles.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I certainly don't think a jockey booking is the key to picking the winner of either amateur handicap. The fact remains there are loads of really talented amateurs out there. Codd and O'Connor might have experience but there are plenty of brilliant amateur riders atm. You can expect the price of anything that O'Connor or Codd get on will collapse a good few points. Get smart, Darragh O'Keefe, Kevin Brouder, Sean O'Keefe, your boy Morgan for the DeBromhead, all these boys are lashing in the winners riding like champions.

Don't tunnel your picks into 2 jockeys, get smart.

https://www.goracing.ie/racing-statistics/jockeys/leading-jockeys/

https://www.amateurjockeys.org.uk/championship-tables/

The best horse will win, especially over 3 or 4 miles.

Year in year out DOC & Codd turn up, different level above in those certain races at Cheltenham.

I don’t think Le Breuil wins that nh chase last year without Codd’s assistance.

madmoose wrote: »
    Year in year out DOC & Codd turn up, different level above in those certain races at Cheltenham.

I don’t think Le Breuil wins that nh chase last year without Codd’s assistance.

I think Sam Whaley Cohen, Lisa O'Neill, Patrick Mullins,Josh Newman etc etc would beg to differ. Apart from that there are lots of brilliant conditionals.

When you factor in the price collapse for either jockey I think it is smart to look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Queens Brook could be a another very interesting runner if she goes as well. Was an impressive winner at Gowran.

Heard she is definitely going. Really like her myself. Wasn't much of a bumper she won but couldn't have been more impressive. Also breeding suggests she should relish the hill. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Conditional jockeys ride in the amateur races. :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

4 year olds don't win the bumper, cue card was the only one and he was exceptional.

Willie Mullins doesn't win Gold Cups either I was told all last year :)

Panic Attack looked really impressive at MarketRasen and while i knew about it being 4 y/o i didn't realise it was a filly. Will being having a pop anyway

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Conditional jockeys ride in the amateur races. :confused:.

That is my undetstanding, correct me if i am wrong and I might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

That is my undetstanding, correct me if i am wrong and I might be?

Your wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

EICVD wrote: »
    Your wrong

No, you're wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Are the 6 day declarations out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

aidankkk wrote: »
    When (Sorry if:rolleyes:) Discorama wins or comes close in the Ultima) Le Breuil is going to get very short for this.Raging i didnt do the related double when Discorama was a huge price.

Related form from a full year ago off levels won't make a jot of difference in price to a horse off a hcap mark, running 6f shorter on a different course

• Advertisement

Are the 6 day declarations out today.

Yeah, 20 left in the nh chase and 49 in the novice chase

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

The amount of nonsense in the last two pages alone is astonishing:

Conditional jockeys riding in amateur races.
    Only one 4yo has won the bumper.
    Related doubles that are unrelated.

Best get out before the festival starts and the bull**** levels go through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

yaboya1 wrote: »

Best get out before the festival starts and the bull**** levels go through the roof.

Back with your usual arrogant sh!te I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Don’t forget to back istabraq in the hurdle buddy.good lad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

No, you're wrong!

I was expecting that reply but you know I’m right.

Is there any crossover between amateur jockeys and conditionals? Can you be both?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Is there any crossover between amateur jockeys and conditionals? Can you be both?

I assume you’re taking the piss.

lemush wrote: »
    I assume you’re taking the piss.

No, I mean what is the criteria to be either?

Say I am not taking the piss for a second?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Lads, if you were going to pay for quality cheltenham tips, who would you go to?

Advertisement