Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I am a broken man!
    They are talking now that Envoi will go supreme and Asterion will switch to Ballymore
    I am a broken man

I give up!

I am a broken man!
    They are talking now that Envoi will go supreme and Asterion will switch to Ballymore
    I am a broken man

I give up!

Gordon all but just said Abacadabras won't win supreme on soft

Somebody give me a hug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

Elliot can spout all he wants, there is no chance he'll go the supreme after scaring all the good horses to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am a broken man!
    I am a broken man

I give up!

They should both go ballymore to see who wins.

Never give up, quitting is for losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Elliot can spout all he wants, there is no chance he'll go the supreme after scaring all the good horses to it

Ballymore the harder race with the better horses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

Earendil wrote: »
    Ballymore the harder race with the better horses.

It's certainly not however you make that out

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

Chacun Pour Soi wins the Queen Mum. That’s one conclusion I’ve reached over the last few days. Will report back when I’ve figured any other races out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Chacun Pour Soi wins the Queen Mum. That’s one conclusion I’ve reached over the last few days. Will report back when I’ve figured any other races out.

I think he’ll finish behind Defi/Altior. His performance in Punchestown was emphatic but Defi was after having a long, hard season whereas Chacun Pour Soi was having only his second start. Yes he’s entitled to improve but I think Defi has the form in the book and the all important course form. Altior is the one to beat but the fresher legs and high cruising speed of Defi could mean his famous hitting of the flat spot mid way down the hill could catch him out. I think Defi will be away and gone by the time Altior picks up.

Chacun Pour Soi is lauded for his jumping but it’ll be interesting to see how it holds up on Wednesday. I think he could get a shock when they’re foot to the floor the entire way in the Champion Chase. It’s shaping up to be some race, probably the best Champion Chase we’ve seen in years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

I am a broken man!
    I am a broken man

I give up!

Big emotional wreck ye :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I expect Altior not to travel great but then just fly up the hill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

It's certainly not however you make that out

Ok StingGoat.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

Motivator wrote: »
    I think he’ll finish behind Defi/Altior. His performance in Punchestown was emphatic but Defi was after having a long, hard season whereas Chacun Pour Soi was having only his second start. Yes he’s entitled to improve but I think Defi has the form in the book and the all important course form. Altior is the one to beat but the fresher legs and high cruising speed of Defi could mean his famous hitting of the flat spot mid way down the hill could catch him out. I think Defi will be away and gone by the time Altior picks up.

Chacun Pour Soi is lauded for his jumping but it’ll be interesting to see how it holds up on Wednesday. I think he could get a shock when they’re foot to the floor the entire way in the Champion Chase. It’s shaping up to be some race, probably the best Champion Chase we’ve seen in years.

I don’t subscribe to the theory that DDS was below his best at Punchestown. There’s no reason to suggest he was other than that he was beaten by the better horse. His first run at Cheltenham was a non event, he was tailed off and wasn’t given a hard race. His second run at Exeter was another non event. Topofthegame whipped around at he start and DDS had a very easy task. Then three clashes with Lostintranslation on G/S, Soft, and G/S. Hardly gut busters. Punchestown was his 6th run of the season. As a juvenile hurdler he went to Aintree and won on his 7th start. He had the Arkle and Power Gold Cup a fence behind him at Punch. He ran his race imo.

Chacun Pour Soi beat him at Punchestown after only a beginners chase win. He was fresh but thrown in at the deep end and looked a bit green to me and he put away DDS. This season he needed his first run and still put up a decent effort and showed huge improvement on his next start. Min is a very good yardstick. Townend aswell hit the front way too soon. I think that’s the best piece of form on offer this season.

Altior needs a step up in trip. His run behind Cyrname was top class. Cyrname is near unbeatable around Ascot and they should have stuck to their guns and gone for the King George. Imo Altior is past his best at 2 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

With Defi though at Punchestown it didn’t help him that his previous runs before that in the JLT, Scilly Isles and Dipper he was over 2 and half and then drops back to 2m at Punchestown it may have been a shock going back in trip at the pace they go and after a long season, you even seen in the shloer at the start of this season he was scrappy back at 2 miles.

Now he is back used to the nature of a 2mile race having stayed at the trip i’m certain he will be twice the level he ran at Punchestown.

Only having a fiver for an interest but defi de seuil wins. I think he has been brilliantly trained by hobbs, he is excellant when he has a good one.

As a betting propostion i think it is a crazy option, 5/2 generally to beat 2 other brilliant horses is pure madness.

Chacun por soi is too lightly raced to be diving in at 11/4, to beat Altior or Defi de Seuil, phucking degenerate madness. I will be backing united to beat city on sunday, around 4/1 and a much easier thing to happen.

No one can turn around and think they have an eagle eye backing either 3 horsies, they are all brilliant, but having a big bet here is stupidity imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Quick question..1st time going to Cheltenham..do they have luggage storage facilities over there.t the course.I'm pushed for time on the 1st day..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

butrasgali wrote: »
    Quick question..1st time going to Cheltenham..do they have luggage storage facilities over there.t the course.I'm pushed for time on the 1st day..thanks

Ive looked into this myself as im in the same boat regarding time , I think there are facilities outside the main entrances to leave luggage but im not 100% sure on cost, capacity etc

IAMAMORON wrote: »

No one can turn around and think they have an eagle eye backing either 3 horsies, they are all brilliant, but having a big bet here is stupidity imo.

I will back a small combination forecast and just sit back and enjoy the race, couldnt have a strong opinion on this

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭famagusta

butrasgali wrote:

Yes they do, to the left of the main entrance, loads of storage space. It is free but you are expected to tip the ladies looking after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Might matter to some but Silver Sheen out of Chelts. :
    https://twitter.com/Jessica_Racing/status/1235630650755084288

Croll wrote: »
    I will back a small combination forecast and just sit back and enjoy the race, couldnt have a strong opinion on this

Not that simple imo. One of them will run badly and not get placed or fall or something or other. CSF may not pay that great either given their SP's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Croll wrote:
    Ive looked into this myself as im in the same boat regarding time , I think there are facilities outside the main entrances to leave luggage but im not 100% sure on cost, capacity etc

Croll wrote:

Just rang the course..their is a 2 places to leave your luggage..free of charge..

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

Was free last time i used it in 2019 but that was for november meeting.

butrasgali wrote: »
    Just rang the course..their is a 2 places to leave your luggage..free of charge..

Brilliant, thanks

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Not that simple imo. One of them will run badly and not get placed or fall or something or other. CSF may not pay that great either given their SP's.

I still think 2/3 of them will be at the front. May not pay too great but probably still profit for this tough race

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Any idea on the ground? I cant see anything on the line anywhere.

I still think 2/3 of them will be at the front. May not pay too great but probably still profit for this tough race

I can't stop you. For me I am happy to lose a fiver if I am wrong. There are 25 other races next week to win a few bob in.

I would rather have two other big bets at 5/1 than one bet on that race at 5/2. It makes sense to me, I get 2 chances to win.

Weather apparently much better today over there and to be for few days
    Envoi might stick to ballymore yet!!!

More i think about that, I'd say that was Gordon playing the game for Betfair, despite his protestations

Anyone any handicappers they think have gone under the radar and are still too big a price?

For me its Rocket Lad in the Pertemps 33-1

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Slattsy wrote: »
    Any idea on the ground? I cant see anything on the line anywhere.

http://maps.turftrax.co.uk/latestgoingreport.asp?course=Cheltenham

The Going stick is 6.2 as per yesterdays report, with a few dry windy days forecasted I can't see it being heavy anyway.

Last 5 festivals the stick was

2019- 6.0 Soft
    2018- 4.4 Heavy
    2017 6.5 GS
    2016 7.0GS
    2015 6.9 GS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Anyone any handicappers they think have gone under the radar and are still too big a price?

For me its Rocket Lad in the Pertemps 33-1

Kilbricken Storm is 20s for that still carrying only 10-10

Advertisement