Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Pistol Whipped for the Northern sh!tey whatever Close Brothers. Ran a decent if strange race lto. Was just off Master Tommytucker when that one made his usual bid for racecourse suicide. He was slightly impeded but not knocked about after that. Needed just to finish that race to qualify for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

FatRat wrote: »
    Lord Du Mesnil headed for the NH if it's soft, as per owner on Twitter.

Some bet if the ground is soft and they'll surely manage to get either Codd or Connor on board.

Liked him for Aintree for a while now , this race could be made for him
    Champagne Classic was my bet but in his absence, with a fav who is far too short, Lord de Mesnil looks the one for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

In the NH Chase i’m going to take a chance on Springfield Fox 16/1 nrnb

He’s won 2/2 chases easily over staying trips and was 3/3 in point to points before he was sold, not sure how those p2p races panned out but he won them all by good margins and this race is going to cut up badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

madmoose wrote: »
    In the NH Chase i’m going to take a chance on Springfield Fox 16/1 nrnb

He’s won 2/2 chases easily over staying trips and was 3/3 in point to points before he was sold, not sure how those p2p races panned out but he won them all by good margins and this race is going to cut up badly.

looks a solid each way bet as there shouldnt be any doubt about him staying, slattsy tipped him up too at 33-1 last week I think

Croll wrote: »
    looks a solid each way bet as there shouldnt be any doubt about him staying, slattsy tipped him up too at 33-1 last week I think

I hadn't paid much attention until Copperhead looked unlikely to run here yesterday, 6 day decs tomorrow so get on some tuesday horse you feel as value now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy wrote: »
    And i have just seen this years Martin Pipe winner.

This lad into 6/1 in places :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Croll

This lad into 6/1 in places :eek:

Could he be in the imperial cup this weekend? I still fancy cromwells

Croll wrote: »
    Could he be in the imperial cup this weekend? I still fancy cromwells

I'd be surprised and i hope not. But knowing my luck lately, he'll run, fall, get injured, and ruled out of the festival.

This time next week, I'll be out for a big durrrrty fry somewhere in town. The Kingfisher probably.
    Will i get chips? Yes.
    Will i get batch toast? Yes most definitely.
    Tea or coffee? Tea obviously, what imbecile has coffee with a fry!

Then might nip in to an early house (Slattery's most likely but that might change) for one or two before jumping in a taxi back to my local :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Should be having a can or pint with your fry absolute amateur

• Advertisement

The Mig wrote: »
    Should be having a can or pint with your fry absolute amateur

I dont like drinking while i'm eating :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Pubs in Dublin city for the Thursday that would have a good bit of atmosphere? Group of us go from work for pints and to watch it, last year was the Gin Palace as it's a stones throw from our office but looking for somewhere a bit more of a racing crowd.

Often wonder why this crops up each year.
    Do ye guys stir out at all during the rest of the year seeing as ye don't know where to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

AP for Life.
    #justice4honeysuckle

AP for Life.
    #justice4honeysuckle

Pint?

Often wonder why this crops up each year.
    Do ye guys stir out at all during the rest of the year seeing as ye don't know where to go?

It's different. Some locals are ****€ for it....the Autobahn springs to mind. Do nothing, no promotions bets, no free bowl of stew...no free beer.

Earendil wrote: »
    It's different. Some locals are ****€ for it....the Autobahn springs to mind. Do nothing, no promotions bets, no free bowl of stew...no free beer.

Also, Gav is heading with a work crew and looking for recommendations for a place suitable for a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Earendil wrote: »
    Also, Gav is heading with a work crew and looking for recommendations for a place suitable for a group.

And he has every right to ask what is a perfectly normal question.

Honeysuckle confirmed to mares hurdle
    They must be confident
    could she beat Beni??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

They must be confident
    could she beat Beni??

can't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

They must be confident
    could she beat Beni??

No

• Advertisement

Pint?

Please.

Good luck to all you Paint the Dream backers, i hope he comes in for you at the prices. But i just dont see it, and i really wanted to!

I went balls deep into this race last night, and i think the fav Imperial Aura deserves to his place there but price isnt for me, though he may well win.

I'm taking him on however with Put the Kettle On. Really like that form of his last race, look what the 4th horse has gone on to do... I know he got a few lbs but he won that race well. Been put away since. Only concern is he jumps out to the right but hopefully HDB has ironed that out. I think 16s is extremely fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

They must be confident
    could she beat Beni??

hopefully we get evens on benie now

Gary O'Brien says Honeysuckle beats Beni

akelly02 wrote: »
    hopefully we get evens on benie now

Already evens on the machine.

I've a weird feeling there be a last minute reroute though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Can anyone recommend a decent pub in Kilkenny city for the Thursday of the festival?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Good luck to all you Paint the Dream backers, i hope he comes in for you at the prices. But i just dont see it, and i really wanted to!

I went balls deep into this race last night, and i think the fav Imperial Aura deserves to his place there but price isnt for me, though he may well win.

I'm taking him on however with Put the Kettle On. Really like that form of his last race, look what the 4th horse has gone on to do... I know he got a few lbs but he won that race well. Been put away since. Only concern is he jumps out to the right but hopefully HDB has ironed that out. I think 16s is extremely fair.

Paint the Dream is a bit grasping for straws. Fergal O'Brien does not train enough festival winners and apart from that the form is not really there to be winning this race.

All the handicaps are get out of jail cards for grade 2 horses who are cutting their losses and not going for the big one. Put the Kettle on has a definite chance. I also like the look of Espoir De Guye. If Knight in Dubai skips this for Aintree lump on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

What's wrong with the Paint the Dream form Vs Imperial Aura I mentioned before?

I wouldn't call it clutching when hes 55/1. Clutching to massive value maybe. 10/1 for a top 5 finish is a better way of looking at it. Obviously unlikely he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Plentyofice

Anyone know what race McFabulous will run in ? Entered in the Coral and the Pipe hurdle. Runs this Saturday in Sandown ?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what race McFabulous will run in ? Entered in the Coral and the Pipe hurdle. Runs this Saturday in Sandown ?

Dont think he goes the festival Nicholls said

Advertisement