Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

plasmin wrote: »
    Is this available on Degiro, can't find the ticker.
    Zulare wrote: »
    Have you taken the new 'appropriateness test' yet on Degiro - it's in settings. If you don't take it (and pass it) you may be prohibited from trading some products.
    I can see it under UMC

Hello,

I eventually phoned Degiro (already posted in the DeGiro thread). Custory Accounts can no longer trade in "complex shares". Complex shares including the likes of IAG (i.e. British Airways). They clearly want to get rid of their custody accounts.

I would need to set up a new basic trader account. I've submitted my new ID - expect to wait up to 10 days for verification.

Zulare wrote: »
    Have you taken the new 'appropriateness test' yet on Degiro - it's in settings. If you don't take it (and pass it) you may be prohibited from trading some products.
    I can see it under UMC

Hello,

I eventually phoned Degiro (already posted in the DeGiro thread). Custody Accounts can no longer trade in "complex shares". Complex shares including the likes of IAG (i.e. British Airways). They clearly want to get rid of their custody accounts.

I would need to set up a new basic trader account. I've submitted my new ID - expect to wait up to 10 days for verification.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Hello,

I eventually phoned Degiro (already posted in the DeGiro thread). Custody Accounts can no longer trade in "complex shares". Complex shares including the likes of IAG (i.e. British Airways). They clearly want to get rid of their custody accounts.

I had to do the appropriateness tests, and also change my MMF cash to a german bank.

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I had to do the appropriateness tests, and also change my MMF cash to a german bank.

How do you change your MMF to a german bank - the guy I was on the phone to never mentioned that. BTW, I did ALL the appropriateness tests, even ones I'll never use :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hi, I just had similar issue when buying a new stock today, had to do the appropriateness year but there was also a setting I had to change when I finished it. On the mobile app it was in the Product Settings tab, halfway down there was a Complex Shares option that was default to off. Toggle that and it’s worked for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Took a big position in Draftkings today, let's see how it pans out!

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Hi, I just had similar issue when buying a new stock today, had to do the appropriateness year but there was also a setting I had to change when I finished it. On the mobile app it was in the Product Settings tab, halfway down there was a Complex Shares option that was default to off. Toggle that and it’s worked for me

I dont see that option. I'm still on the MMF - have you been switched to the German bank account. Starting to think this is personal :( :pac:

I never keep any amount in mmf, kinda pissed I now have to open another bank account, why couldn't they have left it the way it is! Probably fed up of paying compensation!

EDSA seems to have found its bottom with good resistance. The short sellers will start buying now, and I think good things for this stock.

AND I CANT BUY :(

I've a Custody account. Only about 5 weeks old. And they seem to be treating my profile different to others. I only got 14/15 questions right this time around, in case they are using this as a reason I can't trade "complex" stock. :rolleyes:

I'll stop the rants in this thread now, as I don't want to take the thread off course.

Just really disappointed and frustrated.
    I never keep any amount in mmf, kinda pissed I now have to open another bank account, why couldn't they have left it the way it is! Probably fed up of paying compensation!

I've not been offered the German bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Timmaay wrote: »
    2.80 to 4.20$ in about a week! Have 500 shares that I'm happy to sit on longterm.

good stuff, this one is a meduim term hold for me too, maybe 2yrs and see how its going

• Advertisement

good pump today, maybe wait for a bit of a pull back and jump in then

if you can get in closer to $4 it would be a nice entry

the exchange rate is favourable right now to pick up some good value USD stocks with strong credentials

I dont see that option. I'm still on the MMF - have you been switched to the German bank account. Starting to think this is personal :( :pac:
    Yeah I'm on the new account

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm on the new account

I had €15k in Degiro this afternoon, with multiples of that to be transferred over the next week. Not sure how small they consider €15k.

I'm locked into €7k, but have withdrawn the €8k I only transferred this morning that was sitting in the MMF account. A complete mess.

I hope Trade 212 is a better mistress. Liking its mobile app anyway.

Feels silly to pickup a stock that's up 100% in a week, but I opened a speculative position in Jumia (JMIA) today.

In a nutshell, it's online commerce for African. IPO'd last year and had some problems since then, but seems to have stabalised and got a big rush this past few weeks, as seeingly every investment service fell in love with it at the same time. Following the massive Lockdown-induced online retail surge of other online retailers Amazon, MercadoLibre, AliBaba, Sea, it's basically a play that it will also benefit the African continent.

Its focus is the more developed countries in Africa, where the infrastructure is more solid, and has actually pulled out of a few countires that weren't developed enough. It's also changesd its busines model from making their own stuff to using 3rd parties to fulfill. It's a 1.5bn market cap, so even with the recent double could still be well undervalued.

Bull case: Made some good changes to its business model recently. Online retail, for a whole continent, look what happend to Mercadolibre. Should be far bigger than 1.5BN
    Bear case: Infrastructure in Africa mightn't hold up. Big run up, could run down just as quick if the results dissapoint next week.

It's a $20 stock, results are about a week away, could send it rocketing or back to $10.

EDSA seems to have found its bottom with good resistance. The short sellers will start buying now, and I think good things for this stock.

AND I CANT BUY :(

I've a Custody account. Only about 5 weeks old. And they seem to be treating my profile different to others. I only got 14/15 questions right this time around, in case they are using this as a reason I can't trade "complex" stock. :rolleyes:

I'll stop the rants in this thread now, as I don't want to take the thread off course.

Just really disappointed and frustrated.

I've not been offered the German bank account.

Not been offered it yet but soon I'd imagine

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Chegg well over expectations for Q2 earnings. I have a small interest from last month but am considering adding more given education in the US in particular is likely to include far more remote focus going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Fastly on fire, someone said it here weeks ago, missed the op myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭franglan

Took a big position in Draftkings today, let's see how it pans out!

Longterm play maybe but would you be concerned that pro and college football won't restart in September. Some NFL players are sitting out the season and currently teams have 80 or 90 man rosters, can't see a bubble for all 32 teams due to squad sizes when compared with NBA for example which is using that model.

franglan wrote: »
    Longterm play maybe but would you be concerned that pro and college football won't restart in September. Some NFL players are sitting out the season and currently teams have 80 or 90 man rosters, can't see a bubble for all 32 teams due to squad sizes when compared with NBA for example which is using that model.

A little but I think long term the betting market in the US will open up

• Advertisement

franglan wrote: »

Yeah I sold out my Draftkings today, I can't see sport happening in the US this year. Baseball is goosed, football being opted out by many

AmberGold wrote: »
    Fastly on fire, someone said it here weeks ago, missed the op myself.
    Fastly makes websites work faster, and make their money based on per-visit to that website. A bunch of their customers announced massive increase in users this quarter (Amazon, Shopify, Pinterest) so the logic goes that Fastly must have had a massive quarter.

It's amazing how it's share price moves tho, over almost exactly a year it went from $22.22 to $22.74, then announced it's Q1 results and it got noticed, has 4.5x in the subsequent 3 months to $111

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

I hope Trade 212 is a better mistress. Liking its mobile app anyway.

I've been using Trading 212 for about a month and find the platform very user friendly.

Only downside is bank transfers, supposed to take 2 to 3 working days to reach trading account. I've made two transfers and had to email them querying the delay each time. The first took 6 working days and the second 8 working days. On the second, I pressed them for an explanation and they initially suggested that there was insufficient information supplied to apply the money to my account, then they tried to blame my bank for the delay. Finally, they didn't contest my assertion that the details were accurately supplied and that my bank executed the transfer promptly. Their solution was to make transfers by card, which I admit only take minutes to complete.

outonawing wrote: »
    I've been using Trading 212 for about a month and find the platform very user friendly.

Only downside is bank transfers, supposed to take 2 to 3 working days to reach trading account. I've made two transfers and had to email them querying the delay each time. The first took 6 working days and the second 8 working days. On the second, I pressed them for an explanation and they initially suggested that there was insufficient information supplied to apply the money to my account, then they tried to blame my bank for the delay. Finally, they didn't contest my assertion that the details were accurately supplied and that my bank executed the transfer promptly. Their solution was to make transfers by card, which I admit only take minutes to complete.

*sigh* although Card is possible if that expedites.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭in2dark

outonawing wrote: »

I am topping up using revolut and funds are available within 1 second. Why to bother with bank transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Would love to switch brokers but yet to find a broker with the selection of stocks DeGiro has.

Quick look at Trading212 and it didn't have any of my current holdings available for investing. I think Ameritrade was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Kilboor wrote: »
    Would love to switch brokers but yet to find a broker with the selection of stocks DeGiro has.

Quick look at Trading212 and it didn't have any of my current holdings available for investing. I think Ameritrade was the same.

Have a look at Interactive Brokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭roosterman71

In my early days, I invested in TAW, but that's not tradeable anymore and I lost out. It still shows in my portfolio on Degiro. How do you remove things like that?

I’m closing out my $ DKNG position and taking a small hit

Can’t see this one doing anything soon with sports looking bleak

Putting it where I can try recover some

A few junior silver miners below

Time to get a bit more into metals
    $SILEF
    $SSVFF
    $AAFGG
    $ABBRF
    $GRSLF
    $MRDDF
    $RSNVF
    $EXK
    $ESKYF
    $FSM
    $ASM
    $CDE

I’ve got a bit invested In Silvercrest $SILV already with about 7% gain

It might be a good time to look at one or two while there’s time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

b63276f3b091c81787db71b582861593.png

NIO the most traded stock in 4 countries on Degiro last month, including Ireland

Advertisement