Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Shedite27 wrote: »
    This became my biggest holding since I posted this a few weeks back, got bought out by Teladoc today. Disappointed that it got bought as it was producing massive returns, excited to be part of Teladoc. I’ll probably trim the position at some point

I can't find the original post where someone suggested buying some LVGO, I did some research at the time and bought at $60.19. So big thanks to whoever posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

It’s up 100% if you invested 1st July
    Up 200% since 1st June

I’ll miss those returns but glad it’s being merged by another good firm (that I don’t already own)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Bought a call on Huya about a month ago with a strike of 27.50, it's up today on news of a merger with Douyu, one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Bought a call on Huya about a month ago with a strike of 27.50, it's up today on news of a merger with Douyu, one to watch.

What broker are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I’m thinking of buying some shares for my children, what’s the best way to do this?

• Advertisement

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I’m thinking of buying some shares for my children, what’s the best way to do this?

I'm not sure you can, buy them in your own name and sell when they're 18 or whatever is easiest

Valhallapt wrote: »

Been looking for a way of doing this but seems not possible to do in Ireland currently.
    - Degiro do joint accounts, where you can have the shares in the child’s name, but they only seem to set these up when they’re quiet. I’m on a waitlist.
    - there’s a few options for US based people (loved.com), but I’m not taking the chance in case there’s troubles when they’re cashing in

What broker are you with?

Interactive brokers.

Have missed the boat on this somewhat but is anyone invested in any cloud computing etfs they'd care to recommend? Most of the higher profile ones are unavailable to EU investors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Why is effing Euro getting stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Disney up over 10% today on reports of strong subscriber numbers to Disney+

Why is effing Euro getting stronger

I know, it might as well be an all red day for me due to the dollar falling

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

On Degiro, is there any way to find out YTD profit and loss.? At the moment i can only see end of year statements.

I do not do trading and generally have long positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

treatyman wrote: »
    You'd think the whole merger would be good news. I am going to hold this stock.

Typical run up and sell off at earnings, it'll pick up and take off again I'd say.

I know, it might as well be an all red day for me due to the dollar falling

On some stocks I have 60-70/1000 currency loss FFS :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭riddles

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Typical run up and sell off at earnings, it'll pick up and take off again I'd say.

The deal is .59 of a TDOC share and 11$ per share - TDOC is down 15% - I was hoping we’d see 170$ with strong results tomorrow

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/alert-rowley-law-pllc-investigating-154300509.html

riddles wrote: »
    The deal is .59 of a TDOC share and 11$ per share - TDOC is down 15% - I was hoping we’d see 170$ with strong results tomorrow

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/alert-rowley-law-pllc-investigating-154300509.html
    Livongo released their results first today, monster earnings, Revenue up 125% YOY, margin up 77%, clients up 75%, share price was up 14% in about 15mns, then they announced the acquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Scottie99 wrote: »
    47% of my portfolio is Shopify, it’s been a bumper year.

My next hope is Sea Limited, which has 5% at the moment 🤞🏻
    Scottie99 wrote: »
    I’ve bought “heavily” on Sea Limited. Check it out

You still about Scottie, have been keeping an eye on these, up close to 40% since you posted this. What’s your thoughts on it now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

treatyman wrote: »
    You'd think the whole merger would be good news. I am going to hold this stock.

'Teladoc’s shares fell, however, as analysts questioned whether the company has massively overpaid for Livongo, shares in which are up 477% this year.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Etsy absolutely blew 2nd quarter earnings out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

ChuckieEgg wrote: »
    Microchip Technology inc. are in for a good few years ahead. With the incoming surge in home automation and IoT they are well set up for this and will reap huge rewards.

Down 8% today, back to 98$. Worth a punt at the likes of 2.45 tomorrow after the initial market settles down hmmm?

Anyone making any moves today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Still somewhat waiting on the sidelines for a few entries. Half in stocks half in cash. Hold a bit crypto too which is in the money thankfully :D

Biggest holding is Providence Resources, but wouldn't mind a good entry for Gamestop too

Kilboor wrote: »
    Still somewhat waiting on the sidelines for a few entries. Half in stocks half in cash. Hold a bit crypto too which is in the money thankfully :D

Biggest holding is Providence Resources, but wouldn't mind a good entry for Gamestop too

Made a killing on chainlink, up 300% don't know whether to cash in or 'HODL'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Made a killing on chainlink, up 300% don't know whether to cash in or 'HODL'

Nice one for me it's Lition, I love the low caps

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Bausch Health is rallying in premarket with news of spinning off its eyecare division, up 35%.

Unlikely, my portfolio of growth stocks has been a toss of a coin through results week, everything's either down 10% or up 10% regardless of whether it's beaten expectations or not. Fastly and Wix are the big fallers today it seems, down 15%, wiping out almost (checks notes), a week of gains

• Advertisement

Interactive brokers.

I set-up IB account couple of months ago, haven't used it much though as I find UI of degiro mobile app much cleaner....

Does it offer any extra advantage over Degiro?...as I don't want to maintain two accounts.

Advertisement