Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Kodak is up 294% due to trump announcement. JAYSUS

Was 550% earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Remember when Kodak did the exact same thing with cryptocurrency a couple of years ago aswell?

Thargor wrote: »
    Remember when Kodak did the exact same thing with cryptocurrency a couple of years ago aswell?

Yes that was the easiest short play ever. Only went to 12 dollars then though

Thargor wrote: »

Yes that was the easiest short play ever. Only went to 12 dollars then though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

AMAT is the stock he has bought recently after he sold out of AMD

He generally stocks to the following
    INTC
    AMD
    LRCX
    AMAT

Now UMC, he's now a short term trader, holds for a couple years and then cashes out and moves to the next one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

LB up 33% today, after so many months I am selljng now at small profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Kodak is up 294% due to trump announcement. JAYSUS

Kodak Chairman Jim Continenza very fortuitously bought 46,737 shares of Kodak stock on June 23 at an average price of $2.22. Roughly a month later, that $103,575 investment is now worth more than $1.5 million.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Kodak Chairman Jim Continenza very fortuitously bought 46,737 shares of Kodak stock on June 23 at an average price of $2.22. Roughly a month later, that $103,575 investment is now worth more than $1.5 million.

So what? It's just the typical type of transaction for people in such positions and the fact that it's an odd lot would suggest it is most likely some kind of conversion on a benefits package.

Only Martha Steward does insider trading in public.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    So what? It's just the typical type of transaction for people in such positions and the fact that it's an odd lot would suggest it is most likely some kind of conversion on a benefits package.

I was just saying he was fortunate, would you not agree.

Some rollercoaster day for Kodak, 273m (and counting) shares traded, probably more than $12bn worth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

GAN getting hosed, could be an opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah in my company, the transactions that get registered on Yahoo Finance etc are normally when a CEO/CFO takes their bonus in shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭in2dark

Bloodbath for banks today in Europe... Im so much tempted. Lloyds, socgen, rbs. Great prices

in2dark wrote: »
    Bloodbath for banks today in Europe... Im so much tempted. Lloyds, socgen, rbs. Great prices

Where do they stop though...

Where do they stop though...

I dont think that banks will write more provisions after q2. I dont see more payment breaks coming down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Given my experiences with AIB and BOI I'll be abstaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Irishder wrote: »
    BLNK flying today, good start to the week

Still going strong!!

EDSA will be active today

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    EDSA will be active today

Up 211% in AHs!

Think of all the shops, bars, hotels, apartments where people are going to not be able to pay rent in the next few years, where does that stop? Landlords who don't get paid, mortgages go into arrears = bank losses.

Stay away from banks IMO

• Advertisement

Worst red day for me in a long while. Somewhat relieved by some Aussie gold gains overnight

Bought a few of the dips today, top ups on existing successful holdings Peloton and StoneCo. Both were 5% down and the exchange rate is in our favour right now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

What do people think of $INTC- I doubled down on the massive dip a few days ago, thinking I should cut the losses and go for $AMD.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

What do people think of $INTC- I doubled down on the massive dip a few days ago, thinking I should cut the losses and go for $AMD.

As was listed previously stay away from intel and you missed the gravy train bump with AMD and TSMC but there may be still small gains to be made in them two.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Think of all the shops, bars, hotels, apartments where people are going to not be able to pay rent in the next few years, where does that stop? Landlords who don't get paid, mortgages go into arrears = bank losses.

Stay away from banks IMO

Working for a bank myself I see things otherwise. I might be wrong... (Hope im not)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Working for a bank myself I see things otherwise. I might be wrong... (Hope im not)

Well if you are then you should appreciate that banking now a commodity industry and an unconsolidated one at that. The next step, the one we're waiting for is consolidation and downsizing of the industry until it is back to a profit generation situation again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

Well if you are then you should appreciate that banking now a commodity industry and an unconsolidated one at that. The next step, the one we're waiting for is consolidation and downsizing of the industry until it is back to a profit generation situation again.

Can't see the consolidation happening. Regulators are afraid of too big to fail banks. They broke up a number after the crash (rbs, Fortis etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

4 of the tech giants announcing 2nd quarter earnings in an hour and after.

Apple announced a 4-for-1 stock split

• Advertisement

What a day today... The worst on my portfolio was the bep. -30% ffs so all i could do was to buy some more...

Advertisement