Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

futures down pretty sharply , with the announcement of a government formation , one might think bank of ireland and aib were better buys now , everything will be down tomorrow so might be an opportunity to give the banks a shot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭jams100

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/28/starbucks-latest-company-to-pause-ads-across-social-media-platforms.html

These companies suspending advertisements + increase in coronavirus cases could see Facebook/twitter shares down a fair amount, ones to watch out for anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

jams100 wrote: »
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/28/starbucks-latest-company-to-pause-ads-across-social-media-platforms.html

These companies suspending advertisements + increase in coronavirus cases could see Facebook/twitter shares down a fair amount, ones to watch out for anyway
    They might kick up a fuss for a few weeks just to appeal to some people on Twitter but ultimately, they're not going to abandon digital advertising on the biggest social media platforms I think. Where's their alternative?

I've been buying some twitter around the $25-29 mark over the last few monthd and even though I strongly dislike it myself, I see it's place. Picked up some Facebook around $160 and will be holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fenixas

Anyone looking at HCCH? Planning to buy some today.
    Maybe someone did deeper DD? Any pros and cons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

robman60 wrote: »
    They might kick up a fuss for a few weeks just to appeal to some people on Twitter but ultimately, they're not going to abandon digital advertising on the biggest social media platforms I think. Where's their alternative?

I've been buying some twitter around the $25-29 mark over the last few monthd and even though I strongly dislike it myself, I see it's place. Picked up some Facebook around $160 and will be holding.
    I hold Pintrest and will add today, think they'll be a beneficiary of this as it seems to avoid Hate/Demonstration posts so should less impacted by this. They're also the social network with the best least inflated price so a lot of room to grow, and are also doing a big job at expanding overseas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭riddles

Any ideas why Wirecard is jumping?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

riddles wrote: »

The market stopped being market it is a parallel universe this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

riddles wrote: »

Apparently Merkel said she wants it to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭1percent

Is the volume on wirecard not off the scale today? Degiro is saying 35.5M traded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I hold Pintrest and will add today, think they'll be a beneficiary of this as it seems to avoid Hate/Demonstration posts so should less impacted by this. They're also the social network with the best least inflated price so a lot of room to grow, and are also doing a big job at expanding overseas.
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/19/21296636/google-keen-pinterest-rival-ai-machine-learning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

BLNK flying today, good start to the week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

GAN announced today it's been added to the Russell 2000 and Russell 3000 indexes. All the Russell Index funds had to purchase as a result, share price up 10% as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

GAN announced today it's been added to the Russell 2000 and Russell 3000 indexes. All the Russell Index funds had to purchase as a result, share price up 10% as a result

Yeah, it was included on Friday, nice bounce today, topped out at $26.69 before drifting back down again....(when presumably all the Index buy orders were filled). Got out myself at $26. For a 25% profit in two weeks. Happy days.

Will pick up a few again if it goes back to low 20's.

picked up a few PENN at $30. Just speculative.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭roosterman71

What happened Luckin Coffee over the last few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Gone from the nasdaq.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭positron

Wirecard now around €7. A very bouncy dead cat..?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

positron wrote: »
    Wirecard now around €7. A very bouncy dead cat..?

UK authorities just allowed Wirecard UK to process card transactions again; and cards issued by them started working again today.

Wouldn't make me buy the stock, but it might partly explain the bounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 droimlis

I see the Nasdaq is finally done with Luckin. Anyone still holding them?
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nasdaq-suspend-trading-luckin-coffee-141056814.html

I am, a very small amount so I'm not too concerned. In the process of transferring it out of degiro to IB which facilitates OTC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

Morning All,

What is the best website or source to follow for sharetips?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Noob Investor

mickey15ie wrote: »
    Morning All,

What is the best website or source to follow for sharetips?

I use Facebook groups :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

I use Facebook groups :)

Do you mind sharing the groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Does anyone have any views on Lumentum? I've been looking into innovative tech plays and this has caught my attention. Good revenue growth and hasn't seen the explosion in valuation that often comes with these plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Noob Investor

mickey15ie wrote: »
    Do you mind sharing the groups?

I'm in a group called "Value Investing". Definitely my favorite group for share ideas. However, you will probably have to dig around for a bit to find some of the best ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭jams100

Bought shell shares (RDS^B) and a small amount in Penn national gaming (PENN).
    Tempted to increase my amount in pfizer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

What does this indicate to a noob?

Nothing, the FED is not an investor nor an asset management group and its objectives are entirely different to those of an investor.

For example the SNB (Swiss National Bank) by their own admission regularly conducts market operations in defence of the Irish government bonds. It is not that they have any opinion on the Irish Government, it just that they acquired a major block of bonds a couple of years ago as part of another exercise in defending the Franc and now need to defend their poison in Euro bonds holding which is estimated to be at least equal the sum of the deficit of the seven biggest Euro bond economies.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

Anybody looking at PLUG? Tempted to buy a few.

Meleftone wrote: »
    Anybody looking at PLUG? Tempted to buy a few.

It's certainly on the rise, any particular reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Looking for answers.

I recently started to re-invest in shares after a long break. This is the first time I am doing in Ireland and using Deigro.
    I am more interested in S&P 600 and do the swing trading more than long term investment.

my question is in relation to Capital Gain Tax

when it comes to the time of CGT return/payment, I would have more than 100's of trades that include both losses and profits.
    I have looked at the paper form, and as far as I can see, it asks for the overall capital gains.
    Does it mean that I have to individually calculate all the trades I have completed and come up with the final figure?
    How revenue audit it? For ex, if I made a mistake in calculation (its seems very complicated with the all the rules and I don't think any of my losses can be offset against the gains as its fall in 28 day period).

If I did not withdraw the fund back to Ireland should I pay CGT?

Correct me if I am wrong: The shares are all of S&P 600 (Fund is in USA), when I sell it Deigro keep the fund in moneymarket. I am not withdrawing the fund to my Irish bank. Why should I pay the CGT every year. Can I not pay it at the end when I withdraw the fund?

Whether revenue gets the current shareholding info from Deigro ?

Its seems very intimidating for any new players in the market.

Advertisement