Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

Bought few AYRO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Amazon just cracked $3k

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭jams100

Bought Tesco shares there. Relatively safe place to store money right now rather than having it resting in a bank account. The company recently announced a 9.2% increase in first-quarter sales in UK and Ireland but that isn't reflected in its share price which is near its 52 week low.
    I know its no Tesla or NIO but just a safe bet, be it short term or long term. (4% dividend this year too)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

plasmin wrote: »
    Bought few AYRO

68% up!!!

What price did you get them at?

Galego wrote: »
    68% up!!!

What price did you get them at?
    €5.20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

plasmin wrote: »
    €5.20

How can this stock double its price today!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

AYRO 5 year history shows it was worth $258,582 back in 2007. Some micky mouse share for sure, bought couple for the fun anyway, thanks plasmin!

Galego wrote: »
    How can this stock double its price today!?

Current market rational or fundamentals are on backbench.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/alphastocknews.com/ayro-inc-ayro-stock-rockets-on-ev-factory-expansion/3694/amp/

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Amazon just cracked $3k

And Tesla now 1300+. Kicking myself for missing this rally. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

positron wrote: »
    AYRO 5 year history shows it was worth $258,582 back in 2007. Some micky mouse share for sure, bought couple for the fun anyway, thanks plasmin!

Probably about 17 reverse stock splits to stay compliant over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭crushproof

positron wrote: »
    And Tesla now 1300+. Kicking myself for missing this rally. :o

Bonkers, absolutely bonkers.

The dominance of Amazon is incredible, have to wonder how much further they can push upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    somebody tell $SOLO to slow down.........

Up almost 50% today wth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

crushproof wrote: »
    Bonkers, absolutely bonkers.

The dominance of Amazon is incredible, have to wonder how much further they can push upwards

They're in everything, with COVID pushing everyone to online, their store and AWS profits this year will be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

NKLA just going down happy I sold the shares a week ago and took a little profit.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    They're in everything, with COVID pushing everyone to online, their store and AWS profits this year will be massive.

And AWS. Mostly AWS. There's no competition. Azure and Google cloud is lagging way behind when it comes to features. Thousands of companies are moving to AWS, and Amazon is coping with the demand - it's incredible.

Has anyone looked at Rolls-Royce?
    Shares have dropped quite a bit. The technology is sound and they are well positioned for small scale nuclear generation in their power systems division.
    The civil aerospace is taking a battering at the minute. However, flying will resume and the power by the hour system they operate should start bringing in the cash again.

Shocking low Volume traded. Only 1,000 shares changed hands today.

never mind :O was looking at the wrong exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Beginner with stocks here. I've been trading currencies and dabbling in a few trades here and there with US30/ FTSE , but the spreads were too crazy with my broker.

I've set up an account with both Etoro and FP Markets now.

After reading through a bit of the forum I've added all the EV stocks to my watchlist on tradingview.

Anything else I should keep my eye on? Anything specific now that lockdown is easing etc like Uber or anything?

Would be interested in long term ones too but mainly short term or swing trades

Thanks!

On one hand I'm surprised that NIO held up so well and there wasn't more profit taking when it started to slide (Potential Conspiracy Theory - Chinese government supporting?), but I'd be slow to let it go into After Hours Trading without taking gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Das Reich wrote: »
    NKLA just going down happy I sold the shares a week ago and took a little profit.

It was inevitable really. I sold all of mine in the 60's - well off the maximum highs but I'd bought them at 15 so can't complain. Sold most of my warrants too as I just couldn't see the price staying where it was. Too many promises and snazzy renders when they don't even have a working prototype of the Badger and the trucks are still in testing.

Just sold up $SOLO after 70% in today’s market
    I originally bought @ $1.85 so almost tripled value in a couple weeks
    Might stop off on the way home and pick up a nice bottle of wine

Getting out before the big sell off

I’ll consider getting back in if it drops back to around $4.20-4.40

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Getting out before the big sell off

Well done!

Hold off on the wine just yet, you might be back in sooner than you thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

Well done!

Hold off on the wine just yet, you might be back in sooner than you thought!

big selloff? you mean people in USA watching the news and realising the covid issue is getting worse?

big selloff? you mean people in USA watching the news and realising the covid issue is getting worse?

And it's going back up... :eek: Applying perfect logic to the market is a sure fire way to the funny farm. :)

And it's going back up... :eek: Applying perfect logic to the market is a sure fire way to the funny farm. :)

This market doesn’t make sense, but I’ll stick to my guns on this
    I was getting a bit giddy as it was flying, so it was time to reel in the emotions and be rational
    70% in one day is the best jump I’ve ever had

Going to get some $SPCE and see how that goes and if $SOLO drops into the low $4’s, my limit order will kick in

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

i sold my $NIO just as market was ending (bought earrly last week it might go highter but happy to take profit), yes the market is totally crazy :eek:- watching cnbc final hr they were questioning the surge upwards too..TD amertrade person saying allot of millennials buying into market - :confused:
    :eek:

i sold my $NIO just as market was ending (bought earrly last week it might go highter but happy to take profit), yes the market is totally crazy :eek:- watching cnbc final hr they were questioning the surge upwards too..TD amertrade person saying allot of millennials buying into market - :confused:
    :eek:

Good call imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Hope people listened to my nio/baba/jd calls a few weeks ago. Absolutely rocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

Kilboor wrote: »
    Opened a long position in GameStop today.
    I'll keep increasing this as the year goes on.

This was purely based on historical price action at console launches, I don't think they're blockbuster level yet.

FWIW, they are one of, if not the most heavily shorted stock out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

If anyone uses eToro i have both of these copyportfolios and they are flying.

https://www.etoro.com/copyportfolios/shoppingcart/stats
    https://www.etoro.com/copyportfolios/inthegame/stats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    If anyone uses eToro i have both of these copyportfolios and they are flying.

https://www.etoro.com/copyportfolios/shoppingcart/stats
    https://www.etoro.com/copyportfolios/inthegame/stats

The fees on eToro are outrageous. I really would advise moving elsewhere

Advertisement