Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

hottipper wrote: »
    Yeah i've been looking at IAG yesterday and kinda sketched out a rough plan, goes something like this
    Buy 2.36 needs to hold or all bets are off (i wont be the first mover)
    Start selling from 4.43 to 5.66 all out at 5.66
    Buy 4.43
    Sell 6.39 all out

Will be a long and kinda boring trade so not going to put much in it (5 months)

Fair play for the detailed outline.

Currently trading at 2.39 and falling :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

irishlad. wrote: »
    Has anyone took a plunge with the airlines yet?

Keeping an eye on Southwest, surely one of the most secure airlines to come out of all this in once piece.

Airlines and Cruiseliners have been my biggest money makers well sort of..

i'm holding IAG and TUI and will get some US airlines if they go down further.

Airlines and Cruiseliners have been my biggest money makers well sort of..

i'm holding IAG and TUI and will get some US airlines if they go down further.

IAG has had a pretty bad couple of weeks. Worse than Ryanair, Easyjet, any particular explaination ? is it simply that they are losing more money as the lock-down continues than the leaner low-cost operators? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

bcklschaps wrote: »
    IAG has had a pretty bad couple of weeks. Worse than Ryanair, Easyjet, any particular explaination ? is it simply that they are losing more money as the lock-down continues than the leaner low-cost operators? :confused:

yep, you answered the question :) They're going to loose a chunk of summer business if the lock-downs continue in Europe especially Iberian countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Morning all,

I've been following Providence Resources attempted rise from the ashes in recent weeks. Missed the entry at 1.70 and now kicking myself I missed the 3 GBX entry too however my portfolio position for minerals is already fully allocated.

All that said I think they're definitely worth a look over the coming years. I've never seen so much setback yet determination from a company against all odds, and you could be investing in a bit of Irish history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Fair play for the detailed outline.

Currently trading at 2.39 and falling :pac:

i'm not a even a slight bit worried will sleep easy as i caught the first wave. if it goes wrong ill just move on to something else will just have lost some profits.
    Its a risk worth taking in my eyes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Why are we red? German Covid news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Wombatman wrote: »

Second wave fears in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Not sure there was ever a good answer to the question - “Why were we green?”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

anything for a dip before the next pump so they can line their pockets even more
    buy the dip, thats what I'm doing if I can see anything worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Not sure there was ever a good answer to the question - “Why were we green?”

Correct, no logic to the ups, no logic to the downs.

hottipper wrote: »
    i'm not a even a slight bit worried will sleep easy as i caught the first wave. if it goes wrong ill just move on to something else will just have lost some profits.
    Its a risk worth taking in my eyes though.

What I was referring to is that it will likely drift into your buy range today.

(In fact it has gone down to 2.30).

Picked up a few myself. Lets see where things go from here?

A big dip??? on payday??? Why yes I will

I think the most baffling question for the last few weeks is, why are we green? :D

What I was referring to is that it will likely drift into your buy range today.

(In fact it has gone down to 2.30).

Picked up a few myself. Lets see where things go from here?

I got a few biotechs

got a warning from ameritrade for flipping same stock twice in a day :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I got a few biotechs

got a warning from ameritrade for flipping same stock twice in a day :rolleyes:

Are you cfd trading?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

What? The market actually can show red once in a blue moon? What kind of witchcraft is this? Perfect time to load up on the almighty Tesla! Bloody millennials.

Are you cfd trading?

nope, I just flipped one or 2 shares this week within the same day and you are limited otherwise they look at you as a day trader and you are required to keep a much higher balance in your account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Picked up a little Cemi earlier at 3.27

Seemed a reasonable enough punt looking at 52 week low, I.e. pre COVID level.

Took a huge plummet over past couple of weeks after FDA removed their temporary approval, but felt that might be more a knee jerk reaction of short term investors and that this might recover enough turn a profit.

Listened to a webinar that MyWallSt did today for the public, a sales pitch for their service more than anything. They obviously weren't giving away the secret sauce for free but they ahd one slide with their top 5 Post-Pandemic Stock Picks:
    • Square
    • Atlassian
    • iRobot
    • DocuSign
    • TelaDoc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Listened to a webinar that MyWallSt did today for the public, a sales pitch for their service more than anything. They obviously weren't giving away the secret sauce for free but they ahd one slide with their top 5 Post-Pandemic Stock Picks:
    • Square
    • Atlassian
    • iRobot
    • DocuSign
    • TelaDoc

Listened to that too. While I do find their podcasts and stocks of the month good it really felt like a sales pitch to the extend that it was a bit over the top. What are your thoughts on the 5 stocks? While I don't have any positions myself they will certainly be added to my own DD list

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah to be honest 80-90% of my portfolio is investments, but it's the Trade side that makes for more interesting reading/conversation. That's the side that I tend to do more trades (obviously) and research on.

Ideanomics (IDEX) is my latest one that's crossed my path, opened a small starter position yesterday. It's a tech company involved with Electronic vehicles. Has contracts for supplying a lot of Electric Taxis and Electric Busses in China, and has tie ins with Tesla, Nikola and VW. Trading has rocketed this week off the back of a new contract, still looks tiny market cap compared to the revenue figures they're quoting (looks too good to be true warning). I'm waiting to read about it from a more reputable source before going bigger into it. The Dave Portnoy/Robinhood traders are all over it so massive fluctuations to be expected.

Got in on IDEX, NKLA and KTOV myself recently. KTOV up massively, NKLA well up too but IDEX not so much.

Listened to that too. While I do find their podcasts and stocks of the month good it really felt like a sales pitch to the extend that it was a bit over the top. What are your thoughts on the 5 stocks? While I don't have any positions myself they will certainly be added to my own DD list
    I own Atlassian and Square so was happy to see those on the list.

Docusign was one that I've used for years at work, and have never seen it gain much traction. Seemed a one trick pony. The stock price rocketed as a Covid play and I didn't get onboard as I assumed it would be a temporary surge, but the more I read about it the more I think they actually have some decent ideas about areas to grow into. Probably the one from the list I'm most likely to buy.

Teladoc seems too simple for me. There's no barrier to entry, I've used the Irish Life Health version. All it takes is some lad with a slicker app, or cheaper prices to put a huge dent in their profits.

Had never heard of iRobot but will take a look (looks like they make those robot hoovers???)

n97 mini wrote: »
    Got in on IDEX, NKLA and KTOV myself recently. KTOV up massively, NKLA well up too but IDEX not so much.

Give IDEX some time. It went up 200% last week, so I'm guessing you just bought this week (like myself). It's not gonna go up 200% every week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Trying to find someone to plug a hole in a business where you have no idea what is real and what is not is a very big ask. If you were interested in acquiring any of the business you'd be better of to let it go and buy it of the liquidator, that way you'd have a better understand of what is there and avoid being on the hook for any undisclosed liabilities.

We will have to wait and see what happens on Friday.

So is Markus Braun heading for the pokey?

Ex-Wirecard CEO arrested on suspicion of falsifying accounts

One take a way for investors is that we see once again one of the tell tale signs of a problem, long before it became known - persistent problems in have the company's auditors sign off on the financial statements.

Every so often there will be disagreements between the company's auditors and the board of directors that is to be expected, but if it happens on a regular basis, it is something to be concerned about. Well run companies don't have arguments every year with the auditor over the state of their accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

They are bankrupt

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

I listened to it as well. I like the group and their podcast, bit less 'jazz hands' than most other commentators/podcasts. But as mentioned above the second half became a pitch to join 'at the exclusive price off...'!

Saying that... as I only want to dedicate 1-2 hours per week looking at shares I'd still love to know what the 7 stocks he is holding now and 2 new selections are! I do have trust in their selection process and it would save me a lot of boring reading and maths. If anyone wants to PM me their selection I'm sure we could work something out through Wirecard :rolleyes: Revolut as a thank you :)

Sorolla wrote: »
    They are bankrupt

€18.5B value company in recent times down to a few hundred million €. Is the missing €1.9B the "only" thing affecting the value. I suppose trust is gone out the window, but did the auditors find anything else wrong do we know?

The market is saying the company cannot survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭daheff

The market is saying the company cannot survive.

It can survive but it will take a massive shift of the business to do that.

First off they need to assure their banks of viability. Then reassure card schemes of their business.
    A new management team will be needed too to provide direction & keep regulator happy.

Will they survive...my gut tells me no.
    Too much water under the bridge...and any one of the above will be difficult to do ....not to mind all three.

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »

Will they survive...my gut tells me no.

Wirecard files for insolvency

https://www.ft.com/content/284fb1ad-ddc0-45df-a075-0709b36868db

The shortsellers finally got there in the end

Advertisement