Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Must admit I felt very smug selling Tesla for $920 in February

Got in today under $9. Here for the long term ride, let’s see where it takes us

Just bought at $9.3. Never bought on the NYSE before... scary how quick it changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Got in today under $9. Here for the long term ride, let’s see where it takes us

Probably to hell but hopefully back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I'm in 5 different ev companies at the second and they are all up nicely except nikola (which is fully my own fault for leaving a market buy order open overnight, filled next morning for 93$ ouch), they seem to be the new cryptos for the current robinhood millennials generation, so I'm expecting a wild ride but certainly nio and niu technologies I'd expect to rise a decent bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I hold Pintrest and will add today, think they'll be a beneficiary of this as it seems to avoid Hate/Demonstration posts so should less impacted by this. They're also the social network with the best least inflated price so a lot of room to grow, and are also doing a big job at expanding overseas.
    Up 18% since I added Monday. Definitely think it's got a lot of upside, hasn't had the massive recovery a lot of the tech stocks have already had if you're looking for something that might be a beneficiary from the anti-Facebook movement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Bob Harris wrote: »
    They've been around a few years and will sell about 40,000 cars this year. Not at Tesla's level yet but in China where the wealthy middle class population is forecast for strong growth they should be able to exploit this.
    They burn a fair bit of cash but have strong backing and in Asia at least they should be a fairly big player.
    Someone on here mentioned them last year and I bought in and have been buying in ever since. I'm holding at an average of $3.35. I got paid last Friday and bought 42 at $6.93. Felt like a risk at the time, seems like a bargain six days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Someone on here mentioned them last year and I bought in and have been buying in ever since. I'm holding at an average of $3.35. I got paid last Friday and bought 42 at $6.93. Felt like a risk at the time, seems like a bargain six days later.

I stupidly sold Neo (took profit) a while back. I bought Solo based on a few calls and was holding a bag for ages so good to hear its recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Smurphy2223

Anyone looked into BYFC, apparently with Blackout going on July 7th, investors expect this stock to rocket. It has already jumped 20% pre market

Don't see the link between this and blackout?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Any thoughts on Albertsons Companies, Inc.
    https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/ACI?p=ACI, just ipo'd last week, not listed on degiro yet but i've sent them a mail to get it listed so hopefully soon.

Jim cramer :D gives it a valuation of $30 currently sitting at 15 odd.
    - 62B in revenue in 2019. 60B in 2018. 2020 ?? more possibly with wave 2 kicking off there huge now.
    Over 2260 stores Safeway, Vons, Albertsons, Pavilions.
    i'm gonna buy some on dips hopefully it sells off and can get in cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Don't see the link between this and blackout?

Think it was the expectation of a Netflix investment that caused the spike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

hottipper wrote: »
    https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/ACI?p=ACI, just ipo'd last week, not listed on degiro yet but i've sent them a mail to get it listed so hopefully soon.

- 62B in revenue in 2019. 60B in 2018. 2020 ?? more possibly with wave 2 kicking off there huge now.

Listed in Degiro now.

Would it be worth to buy some small number of stocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I worked in one of their stores years ago non a J1. I feel like I have to add a few shares now.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

... Has anyone bought or looked into buying Aston Martin?
    .. Down 73% this year, and down over 90% since 2018... They've changed alot of their management, especially Lawrence Stroll who is now chairman... My thinking is that he would be willing to do whatever necessary to keep them afloat, and going into F1 for 2021 could be a big step for them... Biggest worry obviously is their debt ratios is huge... Thoughts?...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭con747

If it wasn't owned by Cerberus I might.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

.. Down 73% this year, and down over 90% since 2018... They've changed alot of their management, especially Lawrence Stroll who is now chairman... My thinking is that he would be willing to do whatever necessary to keep them afloat, and going into F1 for 2021 could be a big step for them... Biggest worry obviously is their debt ratios is huge... Thoughts?...

If their debt is huge I can't see how going into F1 is going to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Smurphy2223

Actually bought small amount about a two months ago then dumped it when I made 40% profit. Read that it's gone bankrupt 7 times in the past + demand v low for cars atm along with job cuts.

con747 wrote: »
    If it wasn't owned by Cerberus I might.

is that a bad thing? never heard of them
    Galego wrote: »
    Listed in Degiro now.

Would it be worth to buy some small number of stocks?

if your trying to grow an account fast maybe stick to the trending techy stocks
    maybe buy the dip on these $APPN, $JD, $BIDU scalp 15% off each of them do the same again with some others
    for Albertsons place orders all the way down the order book to 8$ and see what hits, close the laptop and walk away from it for a year and see what happens might work out, no one knows :pac:

buffet finally got the wallet out
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/05/warren-buffetts-berkshire-buys-dominion-energy-natural-gas-assets-in-10-billion-deal.html

maybe scalping a few % off some clean energy stocks could be a play.

| Ticker | Holdings |
    +
    +
    +
    | NEE - Nextera Energy Inc | 14.23% |
    | D - Dominion Energy Inc | 8.07% |
    | DUK - Duke Energy Corp | 7.85% |
    | SO - Southern Co | 7.46% |
    | AEP - American Electric Power Company Inc | 5.08% |
    | EXC - Exelon Corp | 4.52% |
    | SRE - Sempra Energy | 4.41% |
    | XEL - Xcel Energy Inc | 4.11% |
    | WEC - WEC Energy Group Inc | 3.69% |
    | ED - Consolidated Edison Inc | 3.48% |
    | ES - Eversource Energy | 3.46% |
    | PEG - Public Service Enterprise Group Inc | 3.22% |
    | FE - FirstEnergy Corp | 2.93% |
    | AWK - American Water Works Company Inc | 2.84% |
    | EIX - Edison International | 2.62% |
    +
    +
    +

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭con747

is that a bad thing? never heard of them

if your trying to grow an account fast maybe stick to the trending techy stocks
    maybe buy the dip on these $APPN, $JD, $BIDU scalp 15% off each of them do the same again with some others
    for Albertsons place orders all the way down the order book to 8$ and see what hits, close the laptop and walk away from it for a year and see what happens might work out, no one knows :pac:

buffet finally got the wallet out
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/05/warren-buffetts-berkshire-buys-dominion-energy-natural-gas-assets-in-10-billion-deal.html

maybe scalping a few % off some clean energy stocks could be a play.

| Ticker | Holdings |
    +
    +
    +
    | NEE - Nextera Energy Inc | 14.23% |
    | D - Dominion Energy Inc | 8.07% |
    | DUK - Duke Energy Corp | 7.85% |
    | SO - Southern Co | 7.46% |
    | AEP - American Electric Power Company Inc | 5.08% |
    | EXC - Exelon Corp | 4.52% |
    | SRE - Sempra Energy | 4.41% |
    | XEL - Xcel Energy Inc | 4.11% |
    | WEC - WEC Energy Group Inc | 3.69% |
    | ED - Consolidated Edison Inc | 3.48% |
    | ES - Eversource Energy | 3.46% |
    | PEG - Public Service Enterprise Group Inc | 3.22% |
    | FE - FirstEnergy Corp | 2.93% |
    | AWK - American Water Works Company Inc | 2.84% |
    | EIX - Edison International | 2.62% |
    +
    +
    +

A vulture fund that people I know lost their houses to. So I personally wouldn't invest in any company they own, but i'm sure there is money to be made with some of their companies.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Up almost 15% in the premarket already. Could be a big day for NIO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Mental. I think even as far back as two years ago NIO was one of the most widely held stocks by robinhood users at least. Never imagined it to spike again so soon.

• Advertisement

Yep, it went up 15% on Thursday as well. There was no trading on Friday due to American Independence Day, but it went up something similar on the Dax on Frankfurt and has held that this morning.

It's going to move me to 200% gains overall if it holds beyond $10.05.

I am not a big investor. I just got tired of savings rates of less than 1% and decided to put my monthly savings into shares. Mostly tips off boards, things like Zuora, Doyou, and bit by bit I sold the others and put all my eggs into the Nio basket.

I won't get rich, given that I have invested so little, but it has been good fun along the way.

The whole EV sector - TSLA / NIO / SOLO / NKLA / WKHS et al there are all sorts of substantial moves for the last few weeks and it looks like a bit of a bubble to me. They are the future - no doubt about it but there are crazy valuations for companies who as of yet haven't sold anything more than a dream.

The whole EV sector - TSLA / NIO / SOLO / NKLA / WKHS et al there are all sorts of substantial moves for the last few weeks and it looks like a bit of a bubble to me. They are the future - no doubt about it but there are crazy valuations for companies who as of yet haven't sold anything more than a dream.

You are right in a certain respect. I would be worried about TSLA or NKLA, but the market cap of NIO is still quite small compared to the American companies. NIO are selling about 4,000 cars per month, but what is most interesting to me is their battery swap technology. They are doing something different to TSLA and they have the patents to support it.

I do think that if TSLA's price is re-adjusted, NIO will take a hit, but I think it has a long term future.

yeah they looking a bit over bought now, found another one at the weekend to add to the ev list $FUV Arcimoto Inc https://www.arcimoto.com be careful not to get bagged in some of these.
    nio though i like even if it dumps back down to 5$ or something could be a good longer term play

When I looked at the pre-market trade bringing NIO close to $11 it was relatively small share volumes.

When I looked at the pre-market trade bringing NIO close to $11 it was relatively small share volumes.

Now that America has woken up, we're up 25% in pre-market. Although once it opens, the price always drops beneath pre-market. I’ve previously seen big pre-market days finish red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

hobie21 wrote: »
    I'll summerise the points.

1. Recession. Fewer customers buying cars (esp Chinese market 50% drop already)

2. The truck. What an ugly machine.
    3. Cash burn, new factories in early stages in Germany China.
    4. P/E of 50.

Plan is short at 570 and get out at 250.

Hope you didn't action your plan

Now that America has woken up, we're up 25% in pre-market. Although once it opens, the price always drops beneath pre-market. I’ve previously seen big pre-market days finish red.

I've seen them even open red!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Has anyone looked at Rolls-Royce?
    Shares have dropped quite a bit. The technology is sound and they are well positioned for small scale nuclear generation in their power systems division.
    The civil aerospace is taking a battering at the minute. However, flying will resume and the power by the hour system they operate should start bringing in the cash again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Opened a long position in GameStop today.
    I'll keep increasing this as the year goes on.

This was purely based on historical price action at console launches, I don't think they're blockbuster level yet.

Advertisement