Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Options

Comments

Heard the first advert for the BT Young Scientist Exhibition on Radio 1 today in an adbreak on 'This Week'

My takeaway..

Move over everyone else, time for THE YOUNG to solve the problems!!

It's going to be COOL.

:rolleyes:

fairnuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Agreed on the Aldi family ad....
    Greta is so 2019.
    She wants to come back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Dickie10

those two kids have the same accent all teenagers have now in radio ads, the young guy is African and girl is eastern european

the girls speaks like the aul fella putting on the swedish accent for IKEA ads.Greta inspired no doubt. yer man sunds like hes speaking pigeon english ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That "Bossing It" one, bloody hate it.

• Advertisement

Covid ads ...........over and over and over again.
    Latest one sounds like an OAP from the 1950's telling us we must all stay at home in a shaky fearful voice

Gawd, I'm sick of them. I think we know by now what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Latest one sounds like an OAP from the 1950's telling us we must all stay at home in a shaky fearful voice

and female northside Dublin young flat accent, just for good measure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Has anyone mentioned Global Home Improvements yet?

Those two smug old giffers need to be consigned to a dodgy nursing home somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Times like these teach you all you need to know about yourself."

A load of me bollix in that GAA ad.

"Times like these teach you all you need to know about yourself."

A load of me bollix in that GAA ad.

mentioned a few pages back.
    has to be the worst radio ad of the year

• Advertisement

mentioned a few pages back.
    has to be the worst radio ad of the year

i find it a bit unnerving that a middle aged man is talking about not getting the shift and the Leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 39,193 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Has anyone mentioned Global Home Improvements yet?

Those two smug old giffers need to be consigned to a dodgy nursing home somewhere.

I wish they'd bugger off with Jimmy and his pork sausages to the care home with Mary.
    They could have a bit of a group session.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

They don't bother me generally but I heard a strange one a while ago with Daniel O Donnell and a woman whose name i didnt catch. Daniel sounds like he was recorded over the phone and he delivers his lines in a really weird stilted way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Another really annoying Energia Ad which is on wall-to-wall - Zoom meeting (?)..."I think Mark's frozen".....oh so hilarious not - not even the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

The Kia Jingle that's played on every RTE 1 radio ad break. It's like bad theme music for a kids show

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Another really annoying Energia Ad which is on wall-to-wall - Zoom meeting (?)..."I think Mark's frozen".....oh so hilarious not - not even the first time.

I think he's really frozen. LOL

Kia ad music supposed to be Oriental type crap. jesus your one of glenroe, geraldine plunkett , must be the go to woman for middle class, granny that is now retired proffesioonnal.
    The Global Home Improvements crowd id say are some rip off, I know builders around me that target these middle class wealthy dubs to do their buliding work, you just pick a figure out of your head and for some reason they love culchie builders doing their work, they dont bring any Decos or Antos around the place, i know one builder i used to work an odd day with speciffically bring a hand picked team to jobs on first few days because of their decorum , presentabilty etc.

The newstalk ad to the tune of "say my name say my name" plugging the "celebrities" they've interviewed

"SEAN SPICER!!!"

crazy 88 wrote: »
    The newstalk ad to the tune of "say my name say my name" plugging the "celebrities" they've interviewed

"SEAN SPICER!!!"

The US answer to Comical Ali.

Some folks still don't, but they're the sort that won't take direction either unless punished, which our forces of law and order are unusually shy about enforcing.

• Advertisement

The extremely annoying O'Meara camping ads are back.
    "tents for events"
    what events are on now and who goes camping in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

"tents for events"

At least the O'Meara Camping are easily understandable and keep the product/company name to the fore - don't shout at you or finish with music or a song.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I wonder how much us taxpayers have paid for these radio adverts since March 2020.

They are on every single advert break, and they must have the voice actors permanently living in a recording studio as they ads change regularly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

"tents for events"

People know that travel options will be limited this summer so might well buy a tent now in order to have something to forward to. But yeah, even though I haven’t heard it I know exactly which one they are probably re playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Mary from Glenroe and her gritted teeth/barely contained fury style of covid advice.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Mary from Glenroe and her gritted teeth/barely contained fury style of covid advice.

An oul wan alternately pleading and scolding.

padd b1975 wrote: »

Are you sure its her (Dick Moran's wife?)

yea, theres another ould middle class bridge player/retired principal on the ad for some builders or renovations crowd, shes after getting new windows or some crap, the husband delighted, in real life the husbands would be throwing a fit at the wife gone mad with the chequ book!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Are you sure its her (Dick Moran's wife?)

Yeah, pretty certain it's her.

• Advertisement

i really HATE that ad with the actor telling us hes a cat, he puts on a really weird lispy voice at one point wheres he states "its the cats pyjamas" as if hes mimicking the way a cat speaks, which is even more odd, to think someone would try to put on a cats "accent" why oh why would anyone even go down that road for an ad? seems a perfect ad for the likes of some fuddy duddy to do like mary kennedy or micheal lyster just spouting about it from a nice conservatory overlooking a well maintained back garden, the ones like Sun Life Assurance or Parkinson had

Advertisement