Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭RINO87

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I haven't heard "Would m'lady care to daaance" yet this year.

I blame Covid.

Ha! Just came here to say the same! Will we be bombarded from next Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,893 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Won't be long until the Bothar goat returns, unless he's implicated in the current investigation. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Won't be long until the Bothar goat returns, unless he's implicated in the current investigation. :D

Haha, I was afraid to mention him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Things that annoy me lately:

Those SAGE adverts with the British accent 'bossing' stuff...

That repetitive tune used for Littlewoods.

Speaking of tunes, the one used for Zalando annoys me too!

We back brave....yer man letting up the shutters to start another days work....really?! Probably on PUP now.

There's some advert for a home insulation company or something where the narrator days the staff are 'trained in social distancing', Jesus, you need to be trained for that?!!

Those stupid specsaver adverts and that guys rediculous little quip/laugh. Can't see our smile 'hah' we promise they're still there.

Yer auld one peeling potato's for the eight kids, we ate simple food but good food.

Butler's have a Christmas advert trying to pull at some heart strings....note trying! It's just cack.

And the online shopper of the month is....

Yer wan working from home recording the voice over for some coffee drink thing but keeps getting disturbed, yes, it's so in tune and relatable.

Things that don't annoy me:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

"So its Christmaaaaasss". Urgh, just heard the start of that one and switched the radio off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Things that annoy me lately:

Yer auld one peeling potato's for the eight kids, we ate simple food but good food.

Oh Mary
    Bossy with Jimmy, and the postman had the hots for her when she was with Home Instead senior care :D

FINTAAAAN gone missing on the slopes of Everest. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

He should've Züriched it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,912 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Two annoyances. 1 Virgin Media talking about irrelevant speed records. And 2 an alarm company rehashing an old phone watch trope about the criminal being annoyed about being caught by the system. "I'm here all year"

So supposedly buying an Audi is a milestone moment in life now?!! Up there with the birth of a child or your wedding?!!! Who comes up with this utter dross?!

That 'cat' patter in the HIA adverts, it's just.....
    And the female narrator who can't make a purr sound but still says 'compurrr', just.... stop.

Heard another one of those rediculous Butler chocolate Xmas adverts, they're really trying to be all nostalgic and reflectful along the lines of the Barry's Xmas offering but I find it painful. Some well spoken millennial rattling on about her dad going into town in the snow to buy a Bowie vinyl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

So supposedly buying an Audi is a milestone moment in life now?!! Up there with the birth of a child or your wedding?!!! Who comes up with this utter dross?!

Wasn't there one about being an "Audi person" too? TBH, that would put me off buying one!

Creepy male sex offender "cat" HIA ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Got to love Newstalk - just run three Ads back to back - sexism at work; sexual violence and the appalling GAA Ad about getting "the shift" - irony does doesn't come near to describing the output of the station or those coming up with the Ads. :rolleyes:

Jesus, there's ANOTHER Butler's advert, think they're trying a cringy blend of the Barry's Tea advert and the recent SuperValu offering.

Spoiler: Granny doesn't die at the end!

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Got to love Newstalk - just run three Ads back to back - sexism at work; sexual violence and the appalling GAA Ad about getting "the shift" - irony does doesn't come near to describing the output of the station or those coming up with the Ads. :rolleyes:

We assume it was a consensual shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

flazio wrote: »
    Two annoyances. 1 Virgin Media talking about irrelevant speed records. And 2 an alarm company rehashing an old phone watch trope about the criminal being annoyed about being caught by the system. "I'm here all year"

And of the course the alarm company criminal has a north Dub accent :D

This does my head in and it feels like it's been running for years. He's in a crevasse trying to find his accountant...why does he roar "Fintan" at the end? Something to do with that Fintan the dog video? It's mad that a group of people brainstormed that idea

We ate plain food BUT GOOD FOOD.

(But now happy to eat frozen processed food)

An Irish Mammy doing the voiceover. The last person in the world who would eat frozen preprepared meals.

Mazda interior "made of calm"

(Rolls eyes)

crazy 88 wrote: »
    This does my head in and it feels like it's been running for years. He's in a crevasse trying to find his accountant...why does he roar "Fintan" at the end? Something to do with that Fintan the dog video? It's mad that a group of people brainstormed that idea

Uh, maybe Fintan is his accountant's name?

• Advertisement

Uh, maybe Fintan is his accountant's name?

More importantly why does the stupid bint in the office seem to think it's hilarious when her colleague has obviously fallen off the mountain. :rolleyes:

The fantasy lights ad is back on. I suspect the makers know how annoying this is though since it's been rolled out for the last 10 years

Book a ticket, book a ticket, book a ticket, book a ticket, book a ticket....

Yer one on the Dunnes Stores adverts, what frequency is she working off of?! I wear radio earmuffs in the workshop, she'd blow the head off you!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Sandra Cooney Homecare, Sindra Kuni Humcare. Go away.

The prostitution ad is back, before the watershed too.
    Thanks for looking out for our morals Ruhama, successors to the Laundries.

Book a ticket, book a ticket, book a ticket, book a ticket, book a ticket....

You just know many other train companies have thought of this idea already and then re-considered after realising how terrible it is.

Yer one on the Dunnes Stores adverts, what frequency is she working off of?! I wear radio earmuffs in the workshop, she'd blow the head off you!!

When she says "Make Chirstmas..." I keep thinking she's going to follow it with "great again". Would have been a much better idea and the outrage would have generated so much publicity.

The prostitution ad is back, before the watershed too.
    Thanks for looking out for our morals Ruhama, successors to the Laundries.

The Ad is so badly worded and full of assumptions - you have to be a married man (with children) if you use prostitutes and who do you explain your conviction to if you've no wife and children? If most men don't use prostitutes why is it such a booming business? Why does it also assume that females don't use prostitutes?

Aaaah I get it now!! That couple in the safe food advert conversing in a lively and humourous manner at the play ground are actually chat bots!!

I mean they have to be, right?!

They're so droll and dull for what is portrayed as a supposed light hearted chat. Ugh, really, who gets paid for this stuff?!!

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The Ad is so badly worded and full of assumptions - you have to be a married man (with children) if you use prostitutes and who do you explain your conviction to if you've no wife and children? If most men don't use prostitutes why is it such a booming business? Why does it also assume that females don't use prostitutes?

It's like something from Dev's Ireland. Such a strange ad in the 21st century.

Advertisement