Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I horrible...

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Secretly i think the op is a mean mean mean man.

But you won't hear me say so!....

Happy X mas!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

With him gone, I went to bed last night without walking in the cold to clean up a sh1te, my house smells fresh, i got up this morning and had breakfast without looking after him first and don’t have him under my feet for the day! Life is sweet!!
    Perhaps look at training the dog to wait to **** outside.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭anewme

the_syco wrote: »
    Perhaps look at training the dog to wait to **** outside.?

I took it that the dog did **** outside. But OP is objecting to have to go outside in the cold to clean up the dog poo.

Wouldn't you think the stupid dog would use the toilet, like everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

anewme wrote: »
    I took it that the dog did **** outside. But OP is objecting to have to go outside in the cold to clean up the dog poo.

Wouldn't you think the stupid dog would use the toilet, like everyone else?

I’m not objecting to it... I said its nice to go straight to bed at night without having to go out in freezing cold to clean up a poo...

The responses I’m getting here - you’d swear I mistreated the thing! I’m simply saying life is so much easier without the dog around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

You need to get a helper monkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I’m not objecting to it... I said its nice to go straight to bed at night without having to go out in freezing cold to clean up a poo...

The responses I’m getting here - you’d swear I mistreated the thing! I’m simply saying life is so much easier without the dog around the place.

I am about to give my guy his second walk of the day. I will have to put on the coat, wellies & go out into a very dark, chilly night. I will walk him down to the beach, so that he gets a run off lead - he had a one hour one this morning. Tomorrow I will have to get up early to give him a good walk before I take him with me to work.

None of this is a chore or difficult. It's a pleasure. It's what having a dog involves & I accepted it before I got a dog. My life wouldn't be easier without him. It would be so much harder & the fact that you can't understand this convinces me that a dog isn't for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

You're not horrible but it's probably best all round to rehome the dog, and if you are considering getting one again remember this experience. They can be a demanding breed too, far easier family pets. I'm not sure you're suited to it anyway though, but that's ok, don't force it.

I'd be curious how many of the people preaching at you about how you've no regard for animals and how cruel it is to send him to kennels for the week have spent most 9f that same week digesting several other animals too. The most hysterical people about their pets are always meat eaters ime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Chan Chan Man, of course it's nice to go to bed without having to go out in the cold and clean up dog poo, but in all fairness, you knew before you got the dog that he needed to poo....where did you think he was going to poo?

I don't think you are horrible, but I dont like the comment you made about the more you think of the dog, the more it annoys you, the dog has done nothing wrong and that kind of resentment is not beneficial for you or dog. I do believe you are not suitable for pet ownership and that the dog deserves better than a resentful owner who is happier when the dog is out of sight.

You're not horrible but it's probably best all round to rehome the dog, and if you are considering getting one again remember this experience. They can be a demanding breed too, far easier family pets. I'm not sure you're suited to it anyway though, but that's ok, don't force it.

I'd be curious how many of the people preaching at you about how you've no regard for animals and how cruel it is to send him to kennels for the week have spent most 9f that same week digesting several other animals too. The most hysterical people about their pets are always meat eaters ime.

And the most patronising are often Vegans. The same old argument trolled out whenever anyone supports animal welfare. The Animal Welfare Act makes it an act of cruelty not to provide for the mental wellbeing of an animal. Dogs need human companionship.

Discodog wrote: »
    And the most patronising are often Vegans. The same old argument trolled out whenever anyone supports animal welfare. The Animal Welfare Act makes it an act of cruelty not to provide for the mental wellbeing of an animal. Dogs need human companionship.

It's not an argument pet, it's an observation, and the legal in and outs of animal welfare have no bearing on it.

See now THAT'S patronising.

• Advertisement

It's not an argument pet, it's an observation, and the legal in and outs of animal welfare have no bearing on it.

I would say more ignorant than patronising. Ireland has grown up, changed & the law regarding animal welfare has too.

I would say more ignorant than patronising. Ireland has grown up, changed & the law regarding animal welfare has too.

Who's saying otherwise, exactly? Do you think I'm someone you were arguing with earlier?

Who's saying otherwise, exactly? Do you think I'm someone you were arguing with earlier?

I mentioned the law, you said that it has no bearing on it. Now you seem to be agreeing.

I don't argue. I also don't see any correlation on one's ability to question the OP's actions with whether they are Vegan or not.

I am about to give my guy his second walk of the day. I will have to put on the coat, wellies & go out into a very dark, chilly night. I will walk him down to the beach, so that he gets a run off lead - he had a one hour one this morning. Tomorrow I will have to get up early to give him a good walk before I take him with me to work.

None of this is a chore or difficult. It's a pleasure. It's what having a dog involves & I accepted it before I got a dog. My life wouldn't be easier without him. It would be so much harder & the fact that you can't understand this convinces me that a dog isn't for you.

As you say its a pleasure. For some it would not be. Perhaps they imagined they would feel that way too. But the OP is just not feeling it. He could do all those things out of obligation but that would be very different to your situation.

I think the solution is for him to have the dog rehomed and hopefully someone will love the dog.

I mentioned the law, you said that it has no bearing on it. Now you seem to be agreeing.

I don't argue. I also don't see any correlation on one's ability to question the OP's actions with whether they are Vegan or not.

I'm agreeing that animal welfare legislation exists and has improved, not that it has any bearing on the apparently incredibly triggering observation that many of the people who most hysterically admonish others for their attitude to pets are fine eating other animals.

I am not making the argument that there's no LEGAL distinction between those things, which is what you seem to have pulled out of your arse to respond to this time.

Anyways, always a pleasure buddy, for the sake of people reading this I'll go ahead and pull the plug on it.

As you say its a pleasure. For some it would not be. Perhaps they imagined they would feel that way too. But the OP is just not feeling it. He could do all those things out of obligation but that would be very different to your situation.

I think the solution is for him to have the dog rehomed and hopefully someone will love the dog.

I agree but I would be concerned that the OP expressed an interest in using him for Stud .

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

I agree but I would be concerned that the OP expressed an interest in using him for Stud .

I never did in the end. And its too late now - snip snip Burgess!

Advertisement