Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,059 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

98FM has just played an advertisement for an undertaker!

Bit morbid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside... I have decided I HATE JavaScript!!!! Stupid STUPID language!

Tunes, Slayer - Divine Intervention LOUD! :D (We need a devil emoji on here).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside... I have decided I HATE JavaScript!!!! Stupid STUPID language!

Tunes, Slayer - Divine Intervention LOUD! :D (We need a devil emoji on here).

What are trying to do with javascript dave? Never used it myself but its on the bucket list to learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I know... I know.....we shouldn't laugh... but

Boris Johnson.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am wondering if he thinks Herd immunization is such a good idea now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

What are trying to do with javascript dave? Never used it myself but its on the bucket list to learn.

I am doing an exploit demo next week and I am trying to put a javascript into a phishing email that will call back to my attacking machine... it should be working.. but I am missing something..

I always meant to learn it myself.. but I have been focusing more on Python as it's great for automation for some of the day to day stuff I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I laughed too.... But he'll get the absolute best care so not feeling too bad for laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Boris and Prince Charles, imagine if this caused the demise of the queen and Philip?

I am tableside, busy doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Fitting right in with the crew here!. What station do you listen to?.

Depends on my mood but sometimes i listen to beat or today FM :)

I'm couchside, trying not to eat the whole box of Maltesers :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just back from the park, my poor foot is killing me :'(, time for lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Home from work and dying to get out for some head space.

I've decided to unfollow all the news pages on facebook and only take in RTE's Six One news.

Between everything in work focused on CV-19 and hearing CV-19 talk on Newstalk, RTE Radio One etc I found I was getting a little anxious yesterday evening, I just needed a break from bad news.

So I'm lucky in so far as I have a few lovely beaches to walk and maintain social distance from people, a cliff walk over Howth or a nice coastal cycle.

I've yet to make a plan, everything is going on the long finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Gardenside watching the birds having a little swim, 2 big saucepans filled with water and they are having the time of their lives :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Couchside. Made the mistake of checking the news before bed last night and worried myself into not sleeping. I'm knackered today, so I'm spending the day alternating between watching a loooong video on how to teach online and re-reading a Terry Pratchett book. Neither seems to be going in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Couchside. Made the mistake of checking the news before bed last night and worried myself into not sleeping. I'm knackered today, so I'm spending the day alternating between watching a loooong video on how to teach online and re-reading a Terry Pratchett book. Neither seems to be going in.

I try to avoid the news at night now, there's no good news to hear so I just remind myself that we've just become one day closer to ending this madness.

I can't imagine how hospital staff who are right in the trenches manage their anxiety.

Decided to have a coffee then get out for some training.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Glitchy Witchy never takes a day off :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Back from a trip to the shop. Bottle of red and bottle of white under the belt. Kind of enjoying this cooking business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Coming to terms with my dog going to the vet possibly for the last time tomorrow.
    Not getting any pleasure from the usual things, sunshine and so on. Haven't read the thread in a day or two, hope all's as well as possible with everyone.
    Also just to say thanks for the lovely offer of assistance from a Wherer in pm's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Widders that’s very sad I’m so sad to hear that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Boris and Prince Charles, imagine if this caused the demise of the queen and Philip?

I am tableside, busy doing nothing.

Somewhere in Ireland there's a bunch of old men winking... looking at each other and silently mouthing to each other "next time"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've been almost completely ignoring the news, easier on days off of course.. Too much spin, too many numbers thrown out in quick succession and badly focused imho..

Pondering the work trudge..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m baaaaaaaack!

Homeside, making blueberry muffins which are currently in the (new) oven we had to buy because the other one decided to give up on us the other night.

Hope everyone’s keeping well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Deskside with a tea waiting for Luke, my visitor cat for a cuddle.😸

Still no dry yeast in the shops. Luckily i have a reserve for a fortnight so i’m not bothered. Bread in the kitchen is baking by itself. Porch door is open and i get visits from the 🐝. Could be worse...😄

Luke is distancing himself every evening on his personal divan.😽

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Homeside after shopping. I'm deliberately buying very little rubbish or I'll be rolling back out into the real world. I did get 6 Mr. Kipling lemon bakewells, there's 3 left. Popcorn for later too and then back to healthier fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Deskside with a tea waiting for Luke, my visitor cat for a cuddle.😸

Still no dry yeast in the shops. Luckily i have a reserve for a fortnight so i’m not bothered. Bread in the kitchen is baking by itself. Porch door is open and i get visits from the 🐝. Could be worse...😄

Luke is distancing himself every evening on his personal divan.😽

Are you in Germany? Because Ive heard UK and Iri6people also cannot get dried yeast anywhere now!
    Also impossible to get vegetable seeds online now. Obviously they closed physical shops before the sites.

Most other online places left openthat Id use for various things closed very abruptly today.

Coming to terms with my dog going to the vet possibly for the last time tomorrow.
    Not getting any pleasure from the usual things, sunshine and so on. Haven't read the thread in a day or two, hope all's as well as possible with everyone.
    Also just to say thanks for the lovely offer of assistance from a Wherer in pm's.

Sorry to hear that Widdershins :(

*hugs* :(

I see a honeybear lurking in the shadows :pac:

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Are you in Germany? Because Ive heard UK and Iri6people also cannot get dried yeast anywhere now!
    Also impossible to get vegetable seeds online now. Obviously they closed physical shops before the sites.

Most other online places left openthat Id use for various things closed very abruptly today.

Yes, i am living in the lovely city of Breisach. The smaller flower shops are closed. The big hardware and garden shops are still open. They are even exempt from the otherwise strict Sunday shopping rules and could open on Sundays. Even the normal weekly open air markets are open.

All not essential shops are closed and the rest is following strict rules like not too much customers at any given time and markings on the floor to keep a save distance of at least 1,5 meters. In my neck of the woods all public places including play grounds are closed.

It’s still not a complete lock down. But schools are off for the nearer future and keeping yourself more or less distanced from everybody is strongly advised. Politics will see if that works within the next few days. If not they will probably go into full lock down.Normal Online ordering like amazon is still possible. But not for essentials. This is something still in it’s beginnings anyway.

Living in the flat country here every community set up their own shopping service for the needy anyway. All manned by volunteers and for free.👏

Till now it seems to work. All very quite here. Even toilet paper, rice and flour is returning to the shelves. All i’m missing is my yeast.😉😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I see a honeybear lurking in the shadows :pac:

tenor.gif

Evening Seph!

Have had a lovely lazy day after a go-go week … I’m going to be as fit as a fiddle when all this is over. Did the parents weekly shop this afternoon … everywhere I went I had to field questions about their wellbeing (even the butcher wanted to facetime them!) My plan for the night is reading a book by the fire. Oh God, that reminds me … I agreed today to go halves on saving a plot of turf during the Summer. What was I thinking!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement