Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

Fair enough. In yorkshire theyre turning people back because of mass gatherings on scenic walking routes. Not the same as checkpoints maybe. There was a story about lots of additional squad cars which sounded dramatic but Ive barely followed all this. Its just so sudden.

& they are here also to do the same, but they don't want to, hopefully people have enough cop on that they won't need to.
    Guards want to help out in this crisis not fight with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Anyone want a beer???

source.gif

Or a wine????

giphy.gif

On my third, G, cheers!

I'm social enough once I know people so I think between us all we'd manage a knees up. Mam, G and I live close enough (I think) so we could travel together. We could pick somewhere in the middle of the country, black forest would have the longest trip but we can get the beers in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm laughing here , Leggy that's the best idea, it's the only way I'd get inside the pub door tbh ..

If I went on my own I guarantee when I'd go to open the door , there'd be a sign saying GLITCH :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At this time of an even bigger lockdown just announced, we need to think of vulnerable and elderly neighbours, family and friends.

I’m rather concerned about my next door neighbour, a very sweet, gentle lady in her 70s who must be pretty terrified by the news on TV. I phone her every week to check in with her and ask her if she needs anything, and she tells me that she is fine and not to worry.

I tried phoning her the last couple of days however to no avail. She rarely goes out and is getting frail and timid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm deskside still but those delicious red ales I have in the fridge are calling my name.........
    On my third, G, cheers!

I'm social enough once I know people so I think between us all we'd manage a knees up. Mam, G and I live close enough (I think) so we could travel together. We could pick somewhere in the middle of the country, black forest would have the longest trip but we can get the beers in for him.

How about we have in the real the capital :cool:?

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm laughing here , Leggy that's the best idea, it's the only way I'd get inside the pub door tbh ..

If I went on my own I guarantee when I'd go to open the door , there'd be a sign saying GLITCH :D

We might all be glitched out! :pac:

JupiterKid wrote: »
    At this time of an ever bigger lockdown, we need to think of vulnerable and elderly neighbours, family and friends.

I’m rather concerned about my next door neighbour, a very sweet, gentle lady in her 70s who must be pretty terrified by the news on TV. I phone her every week to check in with her and ask her if she needs anything, and she tells me that she is fine and not to worry.

I tried phoning her the last couple of days however to no avail. She rarely goes out and is getting frail and timid.

I think I must live near you Jupiter, beside Phoenix Park, if you're worried about her, you can PM me here & I'll see if the local station are aware of her & get some of the uniform lads to call around, see does she need anything?

At this time of an ever bigger lockdown, we need to think of vulnerable and elderly neighbours, family and friends.

I just saw this. I'd ring the guards and explain, she might need help. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm deskside still but those delicious red ales I have in the fridge are calling my name.........

That would be a virtual Cork like?

Sure why not like, boi?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sure why not like, boi?

I could be the translator for all of ye 😃

I could be the translator for all of ye 😃

Pre-drinks dinner in Sepher's and a choice of coffee in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pre-drinks dinner in Sepher's and a choice of coffee in the morning.

Glad you said coffee, you wouldn't get a choice with the tea :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

bubblypop wrote: »
    & they are here also to do the same, but they don't want to, hopefully people have enough cop on that they won't need to.
    Guards want to help out in this crisis not fight with people.

I never suggested gardai were going to fight. I asked what the process would be like if we need to travel and if its going to involve checkpoints. Just trying to get the lay of the land in an uncertain situation.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Glad you said coffee, you wouldn't get a choice with the tea :pac:

We can all bring a few Lyons tea bags in a ziploc bag. He'll be thrilled.

I never suggested gardai were going to fight. I asked what the process would be like if we need to travel and if its going to involve checkpoints. Just trying to get the lay of the land in an uncertain situation.

Hopefully not!
    Fingers crossed........

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

If you were to get stopped all you have to say is where your going and why, they are only human too.

Now Couchside chatting with my favourite man :)

Evening all,
    I've now completely given up on news/media/radio, I'd be over a cliff faster than "Da Vid" would get me. I read selected highlights morning and evening and whatever I have to hear from family and friends. It's plenty. Knew one of the victims, a lovely lovely man. Circumstances make i extra sad for his family

Anyway, Friday night, chilling. Glass of white wine after salmon/cream/pasta. Looking forward to the knees up, did somebody say Dublin?

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Evening all,
    I've now completely given up on news/media/radio, I'd be over a cliff faster than "Da Vid" would get me. I read selected highlights morning and evening and whatever I have to hear from family and friends. It's plenty. Knew one of the victims, a lovely lovely man. Circumstances make i extra sad for his family

Anyway, Friday night, chilling. Glass of white wine after salmon/cream/pasta. Looking forward to the knees up, did somebody say Dublin?

Looks like Cork, we'll fit you in the car.

Sorry to hear you know one of the victims, it must make it all the more real.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Autosport wrote: »
    If you were to get stopped all you have to say is where your going and why, they are only human too.

Now Couchside chatting with my favourite man :)

Defeats the purpose if someone could just say "Im going to do this urgent and valid errand to help someone vulnerable". But anyway. What has to be done has to be done.

And Ive never portrayed them negatively in any way, just to clarifu.

• Advertisement

We can all bring a few Lyons tea bags in a ziploc bag. He'll be thrilled.

You would ya!

:pac:

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Evening all,

No we said Cork :pac: the real capital :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

bubblypop wrote: »
    I think I must live near you Jupiter, beside Phoenix Park, if you're worried about her, you can PM me here & I'll see if the local station are aware of her & get some of the uniform lads to call around, see does she need anything?

@bubblypop, that’s very kind of you. :o

I will wait until tomorrow, phone once more and if no reply, will call at her door. If still no response I will contact the guards.

She has a married sister in Glasnevin who she is close to but I don’t have her number. Also, she is a key holder of my place but I don’t have access to her apt.

Defeats the purpose if someone could just say "Im going to do this urgent and valid errand to help someone vulnerable". But anyway. What has to be done has to be done.

And Ive never portrayed them negatively in any way, just to clarifu.
    Widders, this is going to sound unnecessarily blunt, but it's a rapidly evolving emergency situation. The government can't give guidelines for every possible scenario. It's up to all of us to read the restrictions and use our cop on.

If it's not necessary, stay at home. If it is necessary stay away from others.

@bubblypop, that’s very kind of you. :o

I will wait until tomorrow, phone once more and if no reply, will call at her door. If still no response I will contact the guards.

She has a married sister in Glasnevin who she is close to but I don’t have her number. Also, she is a key holder of my place but I don’t have access to her apt.

I'd ring now if she hasn't answered in a couple of days, just in case. Hopefully she's just moved in with her sister for the course of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hold on what? I have to take the dog to the vet

Vet clinics are essential businesses. You won't be stopped going there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Probably a run on shops in the morning. No need, but you know how it is. Anybody got any good news?? I could do with some. All I have is a video clip of my daughter when she was three. Mrs G and me realised that she had that pissed off scowl that she uses a lot these days even back then. Relief all round. She's normal.:D

My partners job (non-essential) is staying open through a loop hole. Just got the msg. I'm so upset. I understand a lot of people have to work through this for the greater good but his job is not contributing so it's just putting lives at risk unnecessarily. So upsetting. Money over lives. Such greed.

• Advertisement

I could lay back on a couch with a beer and spliff listening to that Grem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement