Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

Everyone asked to stay indoors for 2 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ah now, I may have been wrong... But that's abit strong :D

Was a bit harsh I suppose , just as well it wasn't aimed at you !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

bubblypop wrote: »
    Everyone asked to stay indoors for 2 weeks :(

To be expected i guess. Especially when there are so, so many lunatics out there. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Was a bit harsh I suppose , just as well it wasn't aimed at you !

Ah I know, I was messing.

I was just about to post my apologies for wrong info when I saw your post so tried turning it into a joke :)

And I'm still locked out ..

• Advertisement

To be expected i guess. Especially when there are so, so many lunatics out there. :mad:

Only essential work. Hopefully that means factories and construction sites closed. Not allowed go further than 2km from your house and only for essential things. Can impose penelties if you breach the rules.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Only essential work. Hopefully that means factories and construction sites closed. Not allowed go further than 2km from your house and only for essential things. Can impose penelties if you breach the rules.

Hmm, interesting, i'll still be last out, see how we go..

Ah I know, I was messing.

I was just about to post my apologies for wrong info when I saw your post so tried turning it into a joke :)

Lol I know , heads not thinking straight here tbh sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Can I have one please ?

We thought this would happen , now it's here , it's needed imo .

We just have to hope that people comply and stop the conspiracy nonsense or playing it down.

Got a text during it saying it's like a sci-fi movie. It is surreal, but necessary like you said.

Hope you're all ok, the news of the temporary mortuaries rattled me, but if everyone plays their part for 2 weeks we could escape what Italy etc are experiencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Hold on what? I have to take the dog to the vet

• Advertisement

Hold on what? I have to take the dog to the vet

I think that would be considered a necessary medical trip so don't panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Can my partner still get my shopping and drop it off? That's social care, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

What's happening? :confused:

Shįt just got real.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside shocked but saw it coming
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    Can my partner still get my shopping and drop it off? That's social care, right?

Yes I would think so, essential .

So do we have to explain our business at checkpoints or something? How does this work? I did google but nothing concrete yet?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Yes, allowed to make trips to help others. Obviously you should try to avoid going out, so someone will need to deliver food etc. Perfectly logical for your partner to continue to do this.

This will be self-policed to a large extent so everyone should report the assholes who ignore this advice.

So do we have to explain our business at checkpoints or something? How does this work? I did google but nothing concrete yet?

I don't think the guards or army have the personnel to mount constant checkpoints. There was talk of drones being used at one point but I expect the majority who comply will report the selfish assholes who don't.

No Guard in the country wants to stop people & ask them their business, no Guard wants to tell people they are too close to others.
    Hopefully everyone polices themselves with these rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I just popped in before putting on a movie to say that I haven't physically been around another person in about 4 weeks apart from passing strangers going on my walks. I'd spend a lot of time by myself anyway living alone and not being good socially but this is a whole new level of loneliness for me. This thread and Boards is a great place to come to stop me from cracking up, I'm glad I post here with you guys and you'd be hard pressed to find a better group of people. We may all be sick of each other by the end of this but until then thanks for the company. It is much appreciated. :)

bubblypop wrote: »
    No Guard in the country wants to stop people & ask them their business, no Guard wants to tell people they are too close to others.
    Hopefully everyone polices themselves with these rules.

Fair enough. In yorkshire theyre turning people back because of mass gatherings on scenic walking routes. Not the same as checkpoints maybe. There was a story about lots of additional squad cars which sounded dramatic but Ive barely followed all this. Its just so sudden.

• Advertisement

Guy Person wrote: »
    I just popped in before putting on a movie to say that I haven't physically been around another person in about 4 weeks apart from passing strangers going on my walks. I'd spend a lot of time by myself anyway living alone and not being good socially but this is a whole new level of loneliness for me. This thread and Boards is a great place to come to stop me from cracking up, I'm glad I post here with you guys and you'd be hard pressed to find a better group of people. We may all be sick of each other by the end of this but until then thanks for the company. It is much appreciated. :)

I'd like to second this. I'm no social butterfly but this is an exceptionally lonely time and I'm grateful for the lovely boardsie community.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Guy Person wrote: »
    I'd like to second this. I'm no social butterfly but this is an exceptionally lonely time and I'm grateful for the lovely boardsie community.

Same here, not a social butterfly at all.

I think we should all have a wherers meet up after all of this.

We can all look nervously at our feet and communicate on thread if needed!

Few drinks though and we'll be grand.

Sit in awkward silence saying nothing

And another here .

This place is our safe social interaction meeting spot :)

We can retain the 2 metre rule for us socially awkward penguins :D

And another here .

This place is our safe social interaction meeting spot :)

That would be some craic!

That would be some craic!

Poor Ted won't be able to stop the innuendo then! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Anyone want a beer???

source.gif

Or a wine????

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.