Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

I'll never forget learning the poem by seamus heaney I think It was and about a young lad and his baby brother got knocked down by a car, can't remember the name of it, grim stuff.

:EDIT: Its called midterm break.

I remember it well. A classmate asked what a temple was and our teacher explained it was the soft part at the side of your forehead and it was an extra sensitive area and I remember I got really worried about banging myself on the temple. If I fell and hit my head I'd freak out worrying I hit my temple and might die. I was an odd kid.

I remember the poem funeral blues from school as well... Still one of my favourites..

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
    Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
    Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
    Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come...

Even at that age I'd already experienced my share of deaths and I always found it so jarring the way this awful, awful thing had happened, someone wonderful had exited the world but life would just keep going. I always wished the world would stop for just one goddamn minute and acknowledge it. So that first line just resonated with me... 'Stop all the clocks'..

That's a standout in my mind, also Emily Dickinson and Siegfried Sassoon

I felt a funeral in my brain. That's another favourite I first learned at school. That first paragraph .. I know that feeling...

I felt a funeral in my brain
    And mourners to and fro
    Kept treading, treading til it seemed
    That sense was breaking through..

Ok I'm definitely off to find the poetry forum!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Eat or feck off to bed. Oh the conundrums

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was an odd kid.

... ..

You weren't alone there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, listening to the radio and thinking :)

Ive always been a bit odd :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bedside, listening to the radio and thinking :)

Ive always been a bit odd :o

Fitting right in with the crew here!. What station do you listen to?.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You weren't alone there ;)

This is the forum for all the former odd kids (aka cool, just no one else realised it, kids)

That beeatch of a glitch again

In bed listening to the birds.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    This is the forum for all the former odd kids (aka cool, just no one else realised it, kids)

😃😎

Bedside awake the 40 minutes, time for A cupan Tae and toast with honey me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting outside the local mall, the hyper market is still open but it was packed and I chickened our from going inside. So now sitting waiting for my colleague who was braver or more foolish than me

It’s a beautiful day :)

@witchie. Are you OK?

Just home from work & cannot believe the amount of traffic on their m50. I was really expecting it to be empty....
    Haven't been watching anything for their last week or so... No TV, no news on TV, not even Netflix, but I did last night.
    Sorry did :(
    Scary stuff

Anyway keep busy, however Ye can, I'm off for few hours sleep, work again this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

You realise that it's the small things that keep you going...
    Pearl Jam's new album is out today....so can't wait to give that a listen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Homeside after a lovely long walk by the river listening to birdsong. It's only 8 in the morning and I have no idea what to do between now and bedtime, I have Disney+ so maybe I'll finally watch a Star Wars movie but probably I'll just watch classic Simpsons all day.

Still listening to the birds wittering along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's 'Casual day Friday' at work.
    But work from home.
    Might just wear my Panda Bear Pajamas on the three video conferences I have later this morning.

But work from home.
    Might just wear my Panda Bear Pajamas on the three video conferences I have later this morning.

Do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Do it!
    Don't listen to her Trigger! Panda Killa will try to kill you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Nail on the head there buddy! :)

Deskside earlier than usual. Catching up on all your cultured folks with your poems! I was brutal when it came to poetry in school... I never understood or got the "underlying" meaning...

New Heaven Shall Burn album on, not too loud at the hour! :) Panda, I'll give the new Pearl Jam a spin later too, have always loved them guys. Cheers for the heads up!

• Advertisement

Guy Person wrote: »
    Don't listen to her Trigger! Panda Killa will try to kill you!

Killa is slang for luvvah round the neck of the woods myself and Panda occupy.

But work from home.

Give me back my jammies! :D

Guy Person wrote: »
    I'll just watch classic Simpsons all day.

giphy.gif

Sephers approves of this plan

Deskside once again with the sweet sweet stuff.

Told missus about new Pearl Jam album, she fell back asleep.. Don't know why I bother!. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Told missus about new Pearl Jam album, she fell back asleep.. Don't know why I bother!.

She is dreaming about it now.

Couchside, off today. Probably should be productive & do something, but I am stuck in procrastination mode.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    She is dreaming about it now.

Couchside, off today. Probably should be productive & do something, but I am stuck in procrastination mode.

If you wanna be productive brother tedo why don't you go make us all breakfast :cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

If you wanna be productive brother tedo why don't you go make us all breakfast

But social distancing......

I have no problem making it, but I'll have to eat it.

Ahhh.......touche!

Told missus about new Pearl Jam album, she fell back asleep.. Don't know why I bother!. :rolleyes:

Dump her! :D

I've really got to stop listening to Dermot Kennedy as well.. Jesus..... certain singers just ...get to me I suppose...
    Eddie Vedder is another...and if the mood is on me...I can just start bawling like a child :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Thanks for the heads up, listening to it now on Spotify.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement