Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

JupiterKid wrote: »
    On the couch watching A Touch Of Frost on the TV. My OH and I were rowing this evening and tonight and I have no doubt it’s down to being cooped up together at my place for the last week. :(

Heading off to bed very shortly...

Far from the only house having that, myself and OH watch different things and do our own thing for a good part of the day. I am extremely bad at this staying at home lark but holding so far. It'll be ok, just make sure to have plenty of your own time and plan time together a little..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Drowsing pleasantly, half in dreams.
    Seed sowing tomorrow...looking forward to a peaceful day to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, I love watching cities transition from night to day and my 23rd floor perch is perfect for that.

This is my normal routine, come to a hotel in this city and work for a few days or a few weeks, but this time it feels totally totally different, might have something to do with the fact that the company keeps sending me stuff about our new Contagious Disease Kit and Universal Biohazard Kit, firstly to review and then to implement. Or maybe it’s the fact that I’m now expected to meet a medical team prior to being allowed near the aircraft for temperature checking. This country only has less than 300 cases, but they are reacting very seriously to it.

Almost time to go get my rationed breakfast :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That's something i love watching here, it would be nice to experience it like that in different places too. Let us know what you manage to scavenge for the breakfast :P

Nothing very exciting, hard boiled eggs, yoghurt and bananas, the selection is bigger than this but I have no interest in cold meats or breads that are sitting around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Birds are chirping outside and for some strange reason I just can't sleep. Gonna take it handy today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Happy Friday Wherers, awake too early here too.

(saudi) All transportation stopping here tomorrow at 6am, no flights, trains, buses, taxis, with some exceptions which include me.

Sun streaming in the windows here. Woke up in rays of sunshine. It's glorious.

Going to make some pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Having boiled eggs for breakfast, just decided that, thanks smurf.
    Another beautiful sunny but cold morning.
    I have to go look at the office building work before the builders come in this morning, it's virtually finished but I can't open it yet I'm told, don't fully know why, but I have just to check on a few final fittings.
    Quiet day ahead apart from that, usual bit of work and retreat at times.
    Have a good day all, weekend nearly here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Morning all,

It's a beautiful looking morning outside, not a cloud in the sky but temp. is still sub zero -0.2C

Had to break ice on the rain barrel to have a wash :D

We're still having considerable difficulty with the social distancing too :)

Kitchen - OJ/Porridge/toast/coffee/Lhasa Apsos :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

In bed. Self isolation day 2. No symptoms myself. Housemate has a horrendous cough, so we're all stuck here for 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Up and at em for another great day of spreading joy to all around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's a gorgeous morning out there , things always seem better when the sun is shining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

On the couch as usual. Just finished the Thailand job and waiting for assignments on the Irish job while watching Lost Girls on Netflix.

Mum was putting pressure on me to come home and when I told my brother that today, he flipped out. He understands that me self-isolating here is safer than 17+ hours travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Probably Dublin has forgotten about us as usual or we just haven't done any testing yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Witchie wrote: »
    Probably Dublin has forgotten about us as usual or we just haven't done any testing yet!

Or there's something in that stony grey soill that keeps ye immune.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside

Just had a cup of the sweet peru coffee,mmmm

Watching Retribution now. Still no work in from the Irish job so might have a handy evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Homeside and bollixed after a very busy week in work. I went out for a walk but came home after half an hour, didn't realise how tired I was until then. I'm off til Monday now and won't be doing much apart from a supply run or two for my family. Thanks also to Black Forest for the links the other day, I will be checking them out today.

Some kindly folk in Bargain Alerts have posted about a few deals some of ye working from home may be interested in to stave off boredom.
    3 months subscription to movie streaming service MUBI for only €1. It's usually €10 a month so a great bargain, it's more for arty and foreign movies though. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058063066

Play Football Manager 2020 free for one week. The Liverpool fans here could play it to guarantee a league win for yizzersleves this season. :P https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058062759

And finally a reminder the Disney Plus launches this Tuesday, full content list here. https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/tv/disney-plus-uk-content-every-17899418

I'm snuffly from hay fever, thinking I won't have a problem with people keeping their distance :o

Off now for another lovely walk. The nice thing is you never know who you might meet out walking these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,938 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Off my head and then saw the news that it will be extended

Ffs open the pub for limit hours with limit attendance please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Out for a walk my back is absolutely killing me I would say if it doesn’t level out shortly it’ll be a trip to the drs ��

Thinking of hitting the bed early, can't be arsed drinking my beer. Been trying to organise grocery shop delivery but there are no slots available with any of the companies. Oh well, will just have to get himself to go out and get stuff when supplies start to dwindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Day 5 of 6 days of a forced march... I need a nap.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Day 5 of 6 days of a forced march... I need a nap.

Yer marching???? I'm sprawled on the couch :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭gifted

Bed....have to get some time away from that lot that live with me....everywhere I've gone to today in the house they've followed me ...Herself told me I need some time to myself so I fecked off out to my mancave....my small wooden shed...I wasn't out 2 min and the middle one was standing on the bench looking at me...the youngest one on the trampoline screaming and the eldest one pucking a hurley......I went into the kitchen and sat at the table and herself starts doing the medical expenses....then the chicks came in and sat at the table......so now I'm in bed ...wonder how long will I be left alone? ...lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

About to go grocery and alcohol shopping. God help any fcuker who doesn't keep away from me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement