Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

couchside, watching the late late show :)

Me too,Ryan needs to shut up and listen, he keeps butting in ffs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mak, thanks for your update, watched a time lapse of LE Eithne departing Cork earlier, couple of army mates over here too and the effort is amazing, it'd hearten you.

Deskside, not being amazing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Deskside with a nice Burgundy...enjoying 80s online radio.🍷

Was at a friends place as i had to return the jacket he lent me yesterday. He could get a brand new tv sorted despite most of the shops have closed, Win! Got treated with two portions of homemade fries and “Currywurst”, yummy. 😋😄

As we were roaming our little city to get last items sorted before the curfew we met another friend which is working for the german Post. He told us a little story from today and held a save distance.😉

In one of the villages around here he wanted to put three letters into a letter box next to the entrance door. When he entered the driveway the owner yelled at him to stay away and not to come back. He was clearly marked as post guy in his livery so what can you do? So he dropped the letters on the lawn and yelled back...”When you have ordered online don’t expect the next delivery. You can pick it up at the depot or it goes back straight away.” When he was driving off he saw this guy collecting his letters spraying some kind of sanitizer in front of himself. I know this post guy well...he was dead serious about the depot or sending it back.😳😄

There is caution and there is paranoia.😉

To understand the situation you have to know that my post guy friend just returned from a fortnight of by the state imposed self isolation as his job is classed as “essential” for society. His colleagues and him are working double shifts to fill in the gaps and handle the surge of online buying.

On a lighter note i finally got enough yeast, noodles, flour and other stuff to survive the next three weeks. We will have only a ‘light’ curfew beginning at midnight. So i can still venture outside as long as i am avoiding public places and hold my 2m distance if i meet others...no problem at all. 😜😄

Instead i just invited myself for a coffee at my next door neighbour...i bring the cake. Will be raining anyway.🌧😄

Big “Thank You” to all the unsung ones at the front line. At the cashiers at the stores, the delivery guys and of course everyone in the health services all around the world. 👍😁

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Sitting on the couch with a glass of wine after a very long, stressful week. So happy to have a few days off. Had a lovely long phone call with one of my best friends to catch up seeing as we can’t meet up at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Shopping earlier in Tesco...

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I take a look at the shelves and realise there's not much left......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Some of the people in here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Zonked on tramadol Valium and difiene and still shook, praying it kicks in shortly or it’ll be a trip to a and e. Can’t even use bathroom. Been a long time since my back acted up so bad but it’s agony right down to my calves. My gp has got to be the kindest person I have ever met, was too sore to wait around for script today and cancelled the phone consultation after an hour as there was nowhere to sit and wait and back too sore to walk and stand. Within ten mins of cancelling he called me back to check I was okay and insisted on helping, ringing ahead to chemist I was then closest to with my script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Big “Thank You” to all the unsung ones at the front line. At the cashiers at the stores, the delivery guys and of course everyone in the health services all around the world. ����

I think there are very few unsung hero's when we get through this crisis, but I hope we remember the one's who made it that bit more difficult for the rest of us, ie the idiots who didn't practice social distancing, the pricks who got the lock in in the local (one mate of mine posted in a WhatsApp group that he had a lock in, thinking he was a 'Jack the lad', he was torn a new asshole).

I've been using my local Lidl, the guys there have been great.. Well I had a box of Milk Tray in my car which were mean't for my mother's birthday which was just as Leo told us what was ahead of us, that plus my mother who is almost 80 telling me she's starting Slimming World meant she wasn't getting her box of choc's, so they were given to my local Lidl with a big 'thank you' for their service.

I'll send my mother flowers for Mother's Day on Sunday.

Sadly we can't visit due to the social distancing.

Every man, woman and child who adheres to the government guidelines have helped in the fight, we're in this together.

The lads in Circle K, exit 7 Naas Road who have served me free coffee all week, they've made a different to my hectic days this week too. Fair dues to everyone who have made this crisis easier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Now if we could just get people to do the right thing and not be gathering up in groups etc we'd have a far better chance.. Ho hum.

Deskside with feckin painkillers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Advertisement

Night Seph mon ;)

In bed not able to get up

In bed not able to get up

Damn Shoes, back totally seized up?.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside at home, a bit zonked after partaking in some happy baccy an hour and a half ago, watching a great episode of Grand Designs.

Was out for a drive with my OH earlier, very eerie - very very few other cars on the road and all the towns that we passed through very quiet.

@Makki - cheers for your update and post. You are doing leviathan work and the best way we can thank you is adhering to the guidelines on social distancing.

Keep safe and well, people.

Damn Shoes, back totally seized up?.

Yeah :( it was fine for id say almost 18 months. Today I went for a walk, totally fine, out of nowhere the shooting pain started in my back and went down into my bum and leg. Getting worse as day went on. Tried to keep moving, got close to my 10k steps even though I was slow and shuffling. It’s so bad I can’t even use bathroom. Lying in bed now and can’t pull myself up. From experience I know not to panic because if I panic and pull myself up I’ll pull muscles. So I’m lying here trying not to lose my ****. Valium not even touching the sides. Nor are painkillers or anti inflammatory. I know there is no point going to dr or a+e as there is nothing they can do outside pain management they can do for back injury apparently but lord I can’t stick this. I can’t pull myself up but even if I did it hurts to stand it hurts to sit it hurts to move

Ahh fcuk, been there though not as often as you by the sounds.. It is indeed insane pain, can't even take any more than a half breath at a time.. I'm here if you want to pm or whatever, i wouldn't be for going to hospital either, fully understand

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning world, in today’s news, all of my colleagues over the age of 55 were given paid leave UFN. So my chances of escaping this hotel have diminished as there is no one to replace me.

On a positive note, I have lots of chocolate and dettol.

Groggy Grem, dull kinda morning. Let's hope heightened existential angst lets up enough to get a sleep. Sigh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hi ho .....
    Grey skies this morning , a bit colder too .
    First mug of coffee always tastes good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Its not living up to the promise of the awesome sunset but maybe its a slow starter.

Fireside with the plague and a cup of tea. It's meant to be a warming herbal tea and I'm laughing because the ingredients are the exact ingredients of most traditional love potions. What's the worst that could happen?
    I hope the first person I set eyes on after drinking this is goodlooking.

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hi ho .....
    Grey skies this morning , a bit colder too .
    First mug of coffee always tastes good :)

Coffee here also and a Ferrero Rocher (the last one),back in bed,heating turned on as it's cold,trying to do a mental shopping list.I need to get up ,showered and dressed shortly as I know if I don't I'll let things slide and I don't want to start a habit of staying in bed.

Its difficult trying to keep track of what day it is,I think Patrick's day has added to the confusion. I'm back to work on Monday so should get some bit of a routine back on track.

Plan today is to try and eat more normally and cut down on the rubbish,might go for a walk or a drive to the beach, try to keep the anxiety from hitting and keep everything calm in the house if possible.

Have a good one lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Homeside after a long walk/foam roller/pilates filled morning. It's lovely outside. I don't mean this as a euphemism but I am planning on having a duvet day tomorrow as I'm run ragged with work, helping my family/neighbours and trying not to crack up with the tenseness of it all.

Again more kindly folk in Bargain Alerts are posting about free services during this crisis. Some good ideas here and it's great to see these companies doing things like this.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058063358

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Watching a great training video. Death wish 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside...... suppose I better get up and make coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I've been up and browsing for an hour or so, having tea and a Rasher sandwich now.
    Mrs is in the shower and I gather we are off to dunnes to do a bit of hoarding before it gets too busy.
    Seriously thinking though, these shopping trips are probably our worst exposure risks, I said we should just stay at the local shop, she says, and waste our money off vouchers, are you mad.
    I dunno which of us is the maddest. :)
    Have a good Saturday all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I watched Shaun of the Dead last night, between the two of us I think we got this. :D

A selfie from my walk this morning.... ;)
    Macaca_nigra_self-portrait_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Grandeeod wrote: »

Lol.

SWOON :D

I've been up and browsing for an hour or so, having tea and a Rasher sandwich now.
    Mrs is in the shower and I gather we are off to dunnes to do a bit of hoarding before it gets too busy.
    Seriously thinking though, these shopping trips are probably our worst exposure risks, I said we should just stay at the local shop, she says, and waste our money off vouchers, are you mad.
    I dunno which of us is the maddest. :)
    Have a good Saturday all

I'm impressed by the department of social welfare this morning, they are giving a weeks welfare payments in advance, 2 weeks in one go so people can plan their trips and do as much as possible in one go rather than having to keep going out. I know it's no use to a lot of people who arent in receipt of a state payment but I liked the strategic thinking anyway. 'Cause you're right, shopping trips put us at risk.

• Advertisement

Deskside with said coffee :3

*positions himself so he's the first person widders see's*

giphy.gif

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement