Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am home deskside. I will be allowed back in the office next week if the office is still open.

Scratch that. Will be home for the foreseeable as only 'heartbeat' staff will be allowed in the building from tomorrow.
    Can you hear that sound? It's the sound of my optimism draining away.

Anyway - waiting here on tenterhooks for news on what Shoes's secret mission is and whether Legs has had her 11 O'Clock cup of tea yet.

On my break,I'm finding that I'm less stressed in work, its busy but manageable.
    For anyone taking duvet days rather than genuine virus related leave be cautious on your social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Homeside from a lovely uplifting walk and chat with my oh. He's going to Tipp to help his parents, but I've decided to stay here and wait for him. I feel like a 1940s woman waving him off to war :D nearly asked if he wanted me to make a package of supplies and a flask to take with him :D

rasher sandwich time :D
    just back from our walk in the park, full again!!

I was just thinking the little kids must be loving this, all the time they are spending with their parents, all out walking, running & playing together. It's actually very nice to see.....& that's all little kids want is their parents attention

• Registered Users Posts: 22,254 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Beautiful sunny day here and I plan on spending the day outside :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm having a coffee now, Trigger. I probably shouldn't because I'm a bit hyper after the excitement of turning on the washing machine.

I see a lockdown is likely now in France. I wonder would it not make more sense for everywhere to go into lockdown together and let the bloody thing run its course? Isolate those infected and have a €1000 fine for anyone who doesn't report symptoms or ignores the lockdown, taken directly from salary or social welfare. We could get back to normal school and work-wise and review airports and ports then. It would be less of an economic hit too.

Obviously there's a reason I'm not in charge ... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Bought a Rubik's Cube yesterday evening, 2/3 learned last night in between watching Big Life Fix. Looking forward to finishing cube tonight and then teaching the sprogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Finally up, face on and am walking to the shop for wine.
    Going to come back and sit in my pjs watching homeland and drinking wine.
    Trig, secret mission wouldn’t be a secret if two people knew :D

Bought a Rubik's Cube yesterday evening, 2/3 learned last night in between watching Big Life Fix. Looking forward to finishing cube tonight and then teaching the sprogs.

I haven't seen one of those in years! We might all pull the board games out of the back of presses to stave off boredom soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Deskside, last day working in the office until next Wednesday. WFH 4 days a week in the office 1 day a week until all this blows over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Blankety blank , blankety blank , blankety blank !

That s all :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I love that game :pac:

Blankety blank cheque book and pen!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ha thought I'd brighten the day with an odd ear worm and a reminder of the good old shows !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Arthur's mailbag. I feckin loved that.. Also my favourite character in bosco was faherty the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

It took me about 10 years to realise what the significance of the Blankety Blank Chequebook & Pen was ("why are they giving him a chequebook and pen??"):o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Back from a walk down the park, didn't get in as many steps as yesterday or the day before though.
    Mam of 4 wrote: »

giphy.gif

:pac:

What's a hot spot not?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Stay out of the black and into the red, Nothing in this game for two in a bed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Off to work for me, weird shift, what harm..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What's a hot spot not?

*backs away slowly*

Lads she's gone mad :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At home, supposedly "working."

In reality, sitting in my favourite chair in the living room and quietly musing the solitude and nice Spring day outside.

Will probably go for a good walk before sundown. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The work day is done. Am itching to get out for some excercise so might dust the bike off and take it for a spin.
    No Lycra shorts though - the world is suffering enough without seeing my arse in them.

Aaaaaaand heading home again. Phantom shift. Raging..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

*backs away slowly*

Lads she's gone mad :pac:

Probably from spending all that time in the Etiquette thread. Guess the strain is getting too much to bear(pun intended),heh.

Homeside, couchside, Woodside,Keoghs chilli crisps and Ferrero Rocher,please make it stop.😥

Probably from spending all that time in the Etiquette thread. Guess the strain is getting too much to bear(pun intended),heh.

I beg your pardon! I don't frequent that thread, some things are best kept between oneself and the toilet. :D

I beg your pardon! I don't frequent that thread, some things are best kept between oneself and the toilet. :D

Shanks for that. 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

On the way for a shower.
    A minor panic attack has been getting to me. I don't like late afternoon.
    I enjoyed today. We did some egg marbling and made a spring nature display.
    It's sunny, still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sitting at home, went for a walk and then went out for supplies. Finally on top of my online tutorial work for college and bar listening to an audio lecture, I actually don’t have anything else to do. Feeling calm and clear-headed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement