Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Sorry to read that, NewRed, it's a lot to cope with. Ignore the missus anyway, look into financial help that's available and keep in contact with your dad. That's all you can do for now.

Ta mate :) Ah sure look, plenty in worse situations and all that... Thanks though ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Place doused in isopropyl, don't trust the lads, i'll do it again before i leave too in case there's something wrong with me..

NewRed, the pigeon story near made me spit my water (and after all my cleaning too :mad: ) Anyway, i hope things improve for you any which way they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The pigeon story made me laugh :D couchside chatting with my favourite man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Some days life is still fun :)

Seph and Duvet looking well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Autosport wrote: »

I'm in knots! :D

Sephers really is ginger!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm in knots! :D

Sephers really is ginger!

And you know what they say about Ginger Toms ;):D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    And you know what they say about Ginger Toms ;):D

Need to be neutered! :eek:

Old dog looking good :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sings soprano

• Advertisement

Auto , you're on a roll !!
    This is gonna get good :D

Mam and Leg End

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

🤣🤣🤣

Good thing I'm not ginger then 😏

Lying on my bed watching I went down

Lying on my bed eating I went down

I have many, many questions but anyway, back to your bed friend there Seph

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Old dog looking good :D

:D

Mam and Leg End

I'll take that , thanks Auto :D

Leggy , classy we are :D

Bejaysis :eek:

Seph, I'll just clarify, I wasn't talking about you so no need to be freaked out.

Duvet would scratch me eyes out!

🀣🀣🀣

Good thing I'm not ginger then ðŸ˜

Lying on my bed eating I went down

Oh god Sephers...social distance please 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just home, boy what a day.

I didn't sleep well last night, tbh I got quite anxious about Covid-19 last night and had a restless night. Got to work feeling like I'd been dragged through a bush backwards. I was f*cked.

But got into gear in work. I wish I could go more into more detail here, I can't. But seeing how the defence forces has responded to its tasking, the infrastructure we've put into place has blown my away.

Despite being hugely undervalued and mocked by a lot of the public I always had faith in my job, I love it. I knew we were well on par with anyone, I've seen this often enough oversea's but all those years of oversea's experience, a million courses, the experience of infectious diseases in the likes of Liberia, Chad, Somalia etc, our navies experience of the same in the Med had really paid off and I've been inspired this week like I've never been inspired over the last 35 years in the job.

I realize this isn't the thread for it, but you know AH if I posted this anyone else you'd have the muppets come out picking holes and mocking.

This same effort is going on in the HSE, Dept of Health, National Ambulance Service, An Garda etc etc (we're all working along side each other), and much as I disliked Leo, Simon Harris etc before this, guys they're playing a stormer and have parted the sea's ensuring all services have the resources required.

Please, please follow the government advice. Flatten the curse, stay inside, hand hygiene protocols etc. Please play your part.

And guys, please don't trust ANYTHING you read on Facebook etc. If in doubt follow the source.

So, home. Listening to Guns and Roses on Spotify, I can't go to bed with Convid on my mind tonight.

Again, if anyone wants feel free to PM me.

We've a tsunami coming, we're in the calm before the storm period but you can flatten the curve.

Good health, and sorry for the long post.

Mam and Leg End

I'm never that sober! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have many, many questions but anyway, back to your bed friend there Seph

Watching, I meant watching :o:o
    Oh god Sephers...social distance please ��

Fine so ☹️☹️

Brilliant stuff Mak. Love to read your updates here.
    Enjoy the rest of your night and thanks!

Oh, couchside. About to do some reading :)

Seph, I'll just clarify, I wasn't talking about you so no need to be freaked out.

Duvet would scratch me eyes out!

Who says I was freaked out 😏

The real Leg End :D

The real Leg End :D

I'm so graceful and elegant! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff Mak. Love to read your updates here.
    Enjoy the rest of your night and thanks!

Oh, couchside. About to do some reading :)

I'd love to give more detailed posts but I can't. But like I said, after a restless night last night I was inspired again once I was back in work this morning.

I remember the last recession and how the public sector turned against the private sector. How we had the skin stripped from our backs, I've no doubt the country will be in shreds when we had through this. But by f*ck I won't hear a bad word said about any of the sectors I'm working with through this crisis.

And the CMO, Jesus if that guy gets this right we'll have a depth of gratitude to that guy we could never repay, but we can stay now any following his guidelines.

Right, I'm switching off to Covid-19.

Redneck or is it Newred ;):D

Redneck or is it Newred ;):D

Heh 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, watching the late late show :)

• Advertisement

Mak , stay as safe as you possibly can , and as Cali Girl said , we appreciate your updates . Sleep well , or rest easy if you can't sleep .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement