Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lager Snobbery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

saabsaab wrote: »
    Antbody drinking Harp Draught ?

Can you actually get draught harp in the south anymore?

Should bring back this as a retro hipster release:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

No.

Heinekens , Carlsbergs Coors etc have been brewing for hundreds of years. They are the biggest selling beers in the world. They must be doing something right.

And you dont sound like a twat ordering it.

A pint of plumbers precum.

I have drank Moosehead before. Is that a craft beer?

No. Moosehead isnt craft

I adore a draught Harp when I’m over the border. Some refreshing twang off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I'll give them a go if I can find them.

Sierra nevada is tasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tesco stock Brooklyn Lager. It's a pretty good beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Is Sam Adams Boston Lager available in Ireland?

Tesco would have IPA by Founders, Sierra Neveda and Lagunitas. You'd get more stuff by those brewers in off licences that do craft beer.

Be careful with hoppy beers. The hops fade after a few months, especially Lagunitas beers. They will tase much sweeter than when they are fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,824 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I adore a draught Harp when I’m over the border. Some refreshing twang off it.

I've heard it's in some places South but I've never come across it in pubs recently, all Heino and Carlsb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭bmc58

Should bring back this as a retro hipster release:

Bass was a pretty good drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I think there's a drink for certain scenarios. I love beer, every type. I love a double hopped grapefruit infused pale ale, a 10% imperial stout, a German weissbier, a Belgian tripel, but all when I'm having 3 or 4 beers at home. If I'm out with the lads I'll have a Guinness or a Smithwicks or a Heineken. It's not about snobbery, it's drinking what you like at a given time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

I've heard it's in some places South but I've never come across it in pubs recently, all Heino and Carlsb

Dundalk is your only spot in the south majority of pins have it on tap

• Registered Users Posts: 24,925 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sierra nevada is tasty

It’s delicious, fûcking delicious, tasty and refreshing. I’ve never seen it in a pint bottle or on draught though here anyway, in England yes.

india-pale-ale-sierra-nevada-brewing-company-beer-png-favpng-Vwi6ywQQStcDPnwSj1DuVCNDn.jpg

Anyone seen or tried this ^^^. I haven’t but I’m imagining it could be delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Grandeeod wrote: »
    That's bollox! While Rockshore isn't exactly classy stuff, it's far superior to Budweiser, not that Bud is as bad as many here make out.

We've come a long way from the Guinness. Smithwicks and Harp pumps and now we are going many different ways and lager snobbery is alive and well if this thread is anything to go by.
    Rockshore and Hop House 13 are mainly about diageo avoiding having to pay bud licencing fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s delicious, fûcking delicious, tasty and refreshing. I’ve never seen it in a pint bottle or on draught though here anyway, in England yes.

india-pale-ale-sierra-nevada-brewing-company-beer-png-favpng-Vwi6ywQQStcDPnwSj1DuVCNDn.jpg

Anyone seen or tried this ^^^. I haven’t but I’m imagining it could be delicious.

Nah. If i want orange ill have a fanta.

Reminds me of that blue moon ****e. Utter horse ****e.

It was ok. They changed the recipe, made it stronger and more orangey. Not mad about beers with fruit added, too much and its too fruity not enough and what’s the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The Thomas House on Thomas Street has Harp on tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭furiousox

Peroni is a lovely brew, tried Moretti recently and that is delicious too, very smooth.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Big fan of the regular Sierra Nevada pale ale, but didn't like Sidecar at all. It led me to the conclusion that orange and beer don't mix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I thought this was a funny troll. After seeing the replies I think I was wrong.

The Guinness West Indies Porter is good. It has a nice malty taste.

Mullingans in Stoneybattet have it. I didn’t like it much at all but I’m not really a fan of fruit beers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Heineken ( in Ireland) is piss, and for me a 1 way ticket to heartburn central. Everywhere else it’s fine and an acceptable larger to drink.

In Ireland Heineken is 4.3%

Everywhere else in the world it’s 5%

So whatever they’ve done to it to reduce its alcohol content in Ireland makes it undrinkable to me.

Bud, Coors, Miller - no thanks I’d rather have a coke or a tea if they were the only beers on offer.

Carlsberg - fine, and drinkable.

Corona - fine ( but only with a slice of lime in it, without, its undrinkable!!)

Germany - best beers out there.

Honourable mention - Lithuania - Svyturis Ekstra - an excellent larger that I drank regularly in the 18 months I was living there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Heineken ( in Ireland) is piss, and for me a 1 way ticket to heartburn central. Everywhere else it’s fine and an acceptable larger to drink.

In Ireland Heineken is 4.3%

Everywhere else in the world it’s 5%

So whatever they’ve done to it to reduce its alcohol content in Ireland makes it undrinkable to me.

Bud, Coors, Miller - no thanks I’d rather have a coke or a tea if they were the only beers on offer.

Carlsberg - fine, and drinkable.

Corona - fine ( but only with a slice of lime in it, without, its undrinkable!!)

Germany - best beers out there.

Honourable mention - Lithuania - Svyturis Ekstra - an excellent larger that I drank regularly in the 18 months I was living there.
    I get terrible acid reflux from alcohol free beer. Wonder if it's related.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Heineken.

Heineken is a really good beer, Erdinger is a great beer and Calsberg is pisswater

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Greyfox wrote: »
    Heineken is a really good beer,

I would agree, just as long as you’re not drinking it in Ireland where it’s only 4.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Can you actually get draught harp in the south anymore?

Co Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Anyone like Budvar?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭circadian

bmc58 wrote: »
    Bass was a pretty good drink.

Still on tap in the Beaumont House last time I was in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

That are not readily available here to mass market.

All the well known American beers are poor. The obscure ones could be good but I've never had them or came across them.

What would you recommend?

Love a few blue moons. Especially on tap.

Advertisement