Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lager Snobbery

Options
  • 19-12-2019 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

A lot of Lager connoisseurs out there lately.

Heineken's piss, Carlsberg's piss, Budweiser's piss etc.

Great craic on a night out so they are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,584 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Budweiser is piss though.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

yeah i couldnt be arsed with the 9.5% triple hopped chocolate imperial stout lark anymore.

Everyone should drink what they like to drink and not worry about what anyone else likes to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Budweiser is piss though.

I'd rather drink perineum-filtered scutter.

Anyone who doesn't like Carlsberg is a c*nt though. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I like tuborg and even tennents when i want a crisp refreshing lager, but budweiser is awful.
    I still can't get my head around the fact that grown men drink coors light in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Why the universal hate for Budweiser? I think it's just part of the lager snobbery. It's not my beer of choice but I'd happily drink it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

You need to stop drinking that pish and move to German WiessBier, its phenomenal - Paulaner, Franciskaner, Schneider...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'd rather drink perineum-filtered scutter.

Anyone who doesn't like Carlsberg is a c*nt though. Fact.

It's all just marketing. Carlsberg is the lowest of the low over here (so much so they've changed the recipe!), Tuborg is more premium which Irish people think I'm taking the piss when relay that nugget. It's all grand afaic, I've even been known to drink Carling if no better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

iamtony wrote: »
    Why the universal hate for Budweiser? I think it's just part of the lager snobbery. It's not my beer of choice but I'd happily drink it.

Weak taste, no body or bite, very watery. Which I suppose are all the same thing?

Keyzer wrote: »
    You need to stop drinking that pish and move to German WiessBier, its phenomenal - Paulaner, Franciskaner, Schneider...

German beer is great, especially in Germany from the tap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

elfy4eva wrote: »

Only lately? It's been going on a while now.

I've no problem with Heineken or Carlsberg but I would draw the line at Bud as it looks and tastes like what you would get from this....

IMG-20190827-133653.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Look you can drink what you want but those lager's taste like dishwater. German lager for example (not the hoppy kind) is fantastic, tastes great and you have way less of a hangover that that muck that you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I like tuborg and even tennents when i want a crisp refreshing lager, but budweiser is awful.
    I still can't get my head around the fact that grown men drink coors light in this country.

I'm not a drinker of bud, too bitter for my taste but some probably like that. I don't understand those who make it their mission to denounce somebody else's drink. It's just bleedin' lager lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Beer snobs are only second to music snobs in the wankery index.

Feck off with your aprons, beards and lumberjack shirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I know it's not considered a craft beer but when I used to drink I really liked Hoegaarden.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

a pint of plain is yer only man

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

theteal wrote: »
    It's all just marketing. Carlsberg is the lowest of the low over here (so much so they've changed the recipe!), Tuborg is more premium which Irish people think I'm taking the piss when relay that nugget. It's all grand afaic, I've even been known to drink Carling if no better option.

Fact. Tuborg is a lovely, crisp lager. I like Carlsberg when Tuborg isn't available, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If you were to rate everything you could possibly drink from 1 being the best to 1,000,000 being the worst. Piss would be a hell of a lot closer to 1 than Budweiser.

I've have drank weiss beer it's nice but it's a different drink to lager. I do think it's funny though you laud these commercial brands of weiss beer, while mocking commercial lagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I find lager in general cuts the stomach off me and gives me terrible flatulence the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Guinness rock shore is nice larger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

A nice auld pint of pißß wässer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

never really drank Dutch Gold, but Tennents, Bavaria, Tuborg, any of them, are all good beers

never really drank Dutch Gold, but Tennents, Bavaria, Tuborg, any of them, are all good beers

All just lagers, 4 ingredients same as the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

I wouldn't feed Weissbier to my dog.

Weak taste, no body, very watery.

Very similar to heineken, carlsberg, Coors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭mrpdap

mariaalice wrote: »

That rock shore lager is terrible, got a pint once, took a mouthful and left the rest. Hop13 is similar dross.

But, each to his/her own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Pilsner Urquel is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

mariaalice wrote: »

Have you tried it smaller?

(sorry)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Not a fan in Lager in general, find it a bit boring.

That said, some of the German and Eastern European (Esp Czech) lagers can be tasty enough.

Tuborg is my cheap can of choice when the situation demands it. Better than a lot of the "premium" lagers as mentioned.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement