Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just "don't get"?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The grass is greener on the other side syndrome.

I'll never understand it.

Valuing who and what I have comes easily.

Also the notion some people have that love is the same as infatuation and can just wear off. It gets deeper and mellower and richer and stronger. And the idea that you can only truly love one person or only share your life with one.

Its great, knowing everything and always being right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Valuing who and what I have comes easily.

Your in the minority so, if more people where like you the world would be a better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

How exactly did this mad run on toilet paper get started? Was it triggered by something specific?
    If it was a bad stomach bug going round where you would need a lot of extra tp I would understand it, but why tp and not bread like during the big snow?

Harem pants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

How exactly did this mad run on toilet paper get started? Was it triggered by something specific?
    If it was a bad stomach bug going round where you would need a lot of extra tp I would understand it, but why tp and not bread like during the big snow?

In Ireland at least it's because they're all imported. If you remember during the snow they didn't have them back in stock for a few days.

Nowhere in Ireland manufactures them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Werewolf, the game. I don't get it... but wish I did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Harem pants

Hideous things.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

vriesmays wrote: »
    A drawing of Malahide Castle on the cover of People's Friend magazine.

March-14-Cover_34117041-b-Read-Only-978x624.jpg

Bit too much green?

Seamai wrote: »
    Hideous things.

Aren't they! So slovenly looking.

Speaking of which I dont get people who cannot be fecked to tie their laces, tuck or button their shirts or make the slightest effort.

Also I REALLY don't understand what Im missing about this virus?
    Sorry to drag it in, but what are people basing "the Spanish Flu and Ww2 of our generation" on? Projections of the next waves?

I was never on board the "its the flu!" dismissive bandwagon but I feel Ive missed something in between that and where we are now.

Id just like someone to précis it for me?

I don't know, but where we are is surreal. :(

• Advertisement

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I don't know, but where we are is surreal. :(

It's extraordinary. I'm standing back waiting to see more of this picture.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Werewolf, the game. I don't get it... but wish I did!

Neither did I but I signed up for a game or 2 and it is actually very good fun if not a bit too time consuming at this stage of my life.

I really do not get the toilet paper panic. In a worst case scenario one could just use the shower!

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Neither did I but I signed up for a game or 2 and it is actually very good fun if not a bit too time consuming at this stage of my life.

I really do not get the toilet paper panic. In a worst case scenario one could just use the shower!

Did you understand the rules and setup before ...or during the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People started taking dumb ass Australians and their panic buying seriously.
    If I was stuck I could use newspaper as a substitute or commune with nature with a fist full of grass. I realise the latter may not be an option for urbanites.

"Family cloth". Google it. Its the latest thing in the world of reusables.
    I use reusable everything else but its a step too far for me. Even the name makes me shudder.
    However you could always cut up an old sheet into squares if truly stuck, and dispose of them straight afterwards. People must be terribly precious about their 7 ply moistened, fragranced, patterned paper if theyre hoarding it like this. They can't all have Crohns etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I use reusable everything else but its a step too far for me. Even the name makes me shudder.
    However you could always cut up an old sheet into squares if truly stuck, and dispose of them straight afterwards. People must be terribly precious about their 7 ply moistened, fragranced, patterned paper if theyre hoarding it like this. They can't all have Crohns etc

Surely just having a wash would be better than using an old tee shirt and having to dispose of it?

If we're all stuck at home pooping our brains out, we'll probably have time to hop in the shower anyway....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Did you understand the rules and setup before ...or during the game?

You pick them up as you go (if you survive long enough).
    The lads are good at helping out first timers too. Sometimes they will assign you a 'mentor' who you can ask questions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Another one.
    A massive cohort of posters really really hate Ireland and everything in it from services to government to the people. Like it’s in every thread.
    Very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Horseracing. If there was no gambling, no one would look at it.

Surely just having a wash would be better than using an old tee shirt and having to dispose of it?

If we're all stuck at home pooping our brains out, we'll probably have time to hop in the shower anyway....

Cloth squares for wiping properly before standing up as I suppose you can't shower every time you use the toilet and if you get sick you mightn't be up to standing in the shower just for that. I haven't given it a lot of thought though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Cloth squares for wiping properly before standing up as I suppose you can't shower every time you use the toilet and if you get sick you mightn't be up to standing in the shower just for that. I haven't given it a lot of thought though

Hopefully neither of us ever have to

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

Love island. They speak to each other like no one I know. It feels scripted, but I know it isn't. It is as if they are coached in how to approach situations, how to enunciate words, how to limit their vocabulary to appeal to everyone. It is so odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

There is only so much I would be willing to reuse. A family cloth is not one of them,heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

After drinking a few cups of black coffee I develop a cough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

vriesmays wrote: »
    After drinking a few cups of black coffee I develop a cough.

Unclean!heh.Make sure you have your bell to ring when your in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Ice hockey. I think it is ****.

Joe Wilkinson

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Love island. They speak to each other like no one I know. It feels scripted, but I know it isn't. It is as if they are coached in how to approach situations, how to enunciate words, how to limit their vocabulary to appeal to everyone. It is so odd.

Only one thing worse than "Love Island" it's the stupid beuers that watch it !

Completely contrived and over hyped sh1te ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Dead-end, sinkhole warzone estates always have really charming sounding names like 'Primrose Hill', 'Buttercup Valley' etc.
    Why not rename them 'Heroin Row', 'Concealed-Weapon Meadow, etc. Give potential buyers a heads-up.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Dead-end, sinkhole warzone estates always have really charming sounding names like 'Primrose Hill', 'Buttercup Valley' etc.
    Why not rename them 'Heroin Row', 'Concealed-Weapon Meadow, etc. Give potential buyers a heads-up.

Cherry Orchard sounds delightful, the reality is somewhat different however

Advertisement