Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just "don't get"?

Options
1616263646567»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People currently going ahead with pre booked trips

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People expecting a 2 metre passing distance between people in busy areas.
    While I don't want any lingering close contact with anyone, I firmly believe that someone passing me on the street within a metre of me causes me no threat.
    (unless they are actually sneezing and/or coughing - but no one is going around sneezing and coughing on people except crazy scumbags)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

While I don't want any lingering close contact with anyone, I firmly believe that someone passing me on the street within a metre of me causes me no threat.
    (unless they are actually sneezing and/or coughing - but no one is going around sneezing and coughing on people except crazy scumbags)

i entertained myself at the weekend when i was queuing for a shop and wasn't anal about it but i was observing the markers on the ground for the social dist. yer one in front of turns around with a scowl and asked me to move back a bit more, i did without an issue but did laugh to myself when i met her again in the shop and the place jammers and her face was fuming inside :)

i entertained myself at the weekend when i was queuing for a shop and wasn't anal about it but i was observing the markers on the ground for the social dist. yer one in front of turns around with a scowl and asked me to move back a bit more, i did without an issue but did laugh to myself when i met her again in the shop and the place jammers and her face was fuming inside :)

Also, if you look at the marks on the ground indicating required spacing - they are, generally, only about 1.5m apart.
    I think they've suggested 2m in the hope that people will actually stay 1m apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Algebra!

• Advertisement

I expect 2 metre passing distance, this attitude is whats spreading the virus. There should be no busy areas at the moment and the fact there is shows people are idiots and are not taking the stay at home message seriously.

I've turned around and gone home more than once recently when I looked at the place I was going and decided I couldn't maintain social distance. This is what you and everyone else should be doing also. Taking into account I get shopping delivered and only go to the shop that doesn't deliver once every few weeks I have had a high incidence of having to turn around when going further than the few 100 metres I go once a day for a walk.

I just don't get peoples total ignorance on the seriousness of this virus.

I expect 2 metre passing distance, this attitude is whats spreading the virus. There should be no busy areas at the moment and the fact there is shows people are idiots and are not taking the stay at home message seriously.

I've turned around and gone home more than once recently when I looked at the place I was going and decided I couldn't maintain social distance. This is what you and everyone else should be doing also. Taking into account I get shopping delivered and only go to the shop that doesn't deliver once every few weeks I have had a high incidence of having to turn around when going further than the few 100 metres I go once a day for a walk.

I just don't get peoples total ignorance on the seriousness of this virus.

It’s getting progressively busier outdoors and in the shops. Places I have recently found crowded are Supervalue, Churchtown, and Lidl, Nutgrove. Noticed a lot of bicycle Etc meet-ups in Churchtown & Milltown where there are takeaway coffees.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

How come the most beautiful women thread is on its second or third reincarnation but the beautiful mens thread hasn't even got 1000 posts yet?
    They were started at the same time.
    Are there just more attractive women than men in the world or what?

Taking into account I get shopping delivered .

You should leave the delivery slots for vulnerable and less able people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Elon Musk. He's not charismatic and is kind of annoying but people love to say they love him

• Advertisement

You should leave the delivery slots for vulnerable and less able people.

No I shouldn’t, anyone who can get delivery organised should avail of it. Every person who limits their interaction limits the chances of spreading the virus. There is loads of delivery slots available from our local SuperValue you just always have to keep a slot booked a week in advance. We also order for relations who are cocooning so we are getting to full weekly shops in one delivery. Would be a two person job in person as would need two trolleys. Also includes my beer order for the week so no going to off-licences etc again limiting interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Elon Musk. He's not charismatic and is kind of annoying but people love to say they love him
    Give me Elon Tusk anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Robert Jackson

Advertisement