Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest Rotterdam 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

This year's submission deadline is actually quite close, Monday March 9th, I was of the impression it was much closer to the end of March. With 11 songs picked so far that means we'll have 30 song reveals inside the next three weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

Fun song that Albert Černý will sing at the Polish final and could be their entry if picked.

The song is inspired by a paper cutout of Tel Aviv host Lucy Ayoub that Lake Malawi carried around at Eurovision 2019.

Her response... :P

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8malbKg502/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Amik wrote: »
    Really liking the ELM sound! Check out this live performance, especially the interview at the end.

Have to say can't stand his voice at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭LordBasil

The Plot thickens, 'Golden' has been released on New Zealand Itunes and is 3.08 Minutes long so with some slight trimming could easily be our entry. However, if the Lesley Roy rumours as songwriter and/or performer are true than 'Golden' is not our entry as she is not credited as a songwriter on it.

The Mirror is reporting that Lesley Roy is performer and songwriter but a 'Pop Banger' by a Rock Singer sounds odd and where does 2FM Rising come into play?

We'll just have to wait until RTE confirms who it is as these rumours are going round in circles.

It's Friday and as promised here's the "Golden" track in all its glory.

I'm still hoping our entry is a different song. This won't get us out of Semi Final 1.

• Advertisement

It looks like 'Golden' is not our entry, I don't think it would it be released before being announced as our entry. ELM could still be the the artist but with a different song.

If it is not them, the rumours of a US Based Irish Female singer could still be possible but it might not be Lesley Roy, there is a singer called FLAVIA being now being rumoured.

She's Bisexual, so fits in with 'Artistically On Point LGBT' Act, she has recently returned to Ireland and is in Wicklow currently, where the music video for our entry is being filmed and her music is more pop/dance which fits in more with the 'Almighty Bop' being promised more so than Lesley Roy....

LordBasil wrote: »
    It looks like 'Golden' is not our entry, I don't think it would it be released before being announced as our entry. ELM could still be the the artist but with a different song.

If it is not them, the rumours of a US Based Irish Female singer could still be possible but it might not be Lesley Roy, there is a singer called FLAVIA being now being rumoured.

She's Bisexual, so fits in with 'Artistically On Point LGBT' Act, she has recently returned to Ireland and is in Wicklow currently, where the music video for our entry is being filmed and her music is more pop/dance which fits in more with the 'Almighty Bop' being promised more so than Lesley Roy....

O...M...G! I hope you're right @LordBasil, she sounds fantastic!

My only expertise is that I'm a leg man but I do see her legs in that now famous Twitter photo:

https://twitter.com/McMahonPhilly/status/1229107715580071936

singerartist-flavia-watson-arrives-for-fashion-corner-3rd-annual-red-picture-id107637019

Ireland features heavily in this video from July 2019.

This girl screams Eurovision! Very excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 wes16586

....If it is not them, the rumours of a US Based Irish Female singer could still be possible but it might not be Lesley Roy

Samantha Mumba?

This year's submission deadline is actually quite close, Monday March 9th, I was of the impression it was much closer to the end of March. With 11 songs picked so far that means we'll have 30 song reveals inside the next three weeks!

Yes! Some big weekends ahead. Full calendar here:

https://eurovision.tv/calendar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Yes! Some big weekends ahead. Full calendar here:

https://eurovision.tv/calendar

And with nothing revealed since I posted that, and nothing due today, it means we've still got 30 to be revealed in a seventeen day period! Has it ever been this compressed before? Exciting! :D

Ukraine, Slovenia and Poland will be revealed this weekend anyway. Who has yet to announce their song release details? I've got Ireland, the UK, Russia, who else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I'd never heard of ELM until earlier this week but I really like their unique and modern sound, Golden is pretty catchy but is missing just a little something for ESC, maybe really good staging could lift it or maybe it will be them with another song.

Flavia isn't grabbing me, her sound is too American for my liking, so she's bisexual, if you are to believe them, half the women of her generation are, can't help but some of them are just looking for attention or think it's uber cool.

Seamai wrote: »
    Flavia isn't grabbing me, her sound is too American for my liking, so she's bisexual, if you are to believe them, half the women of her generation are, can't help but some of them are just looking for attention or think it's uber cool.

;)

I think the options are;

1. ELM with 'Golden' - increasingly unlikely
    2. ELM with another song
    3. Lesley Roy - A 'Rock-Chick' singing a banger?
    4. FLAVIA
    5. Someone else altogether

I think the options are;

1. ELM with 'Golden' - increasingly unlikely
    2. ELM with another song
    3. Lesley Roy - A 'Rock-Chick' singing a banger?
    4. FLAVIA
    5. Someone else altogether

I'd move FLAVIA up to 3rd.

That said, Lesley did start tweeting again after 2 years of silence during October 2019 (right after our song submission deadline?).

https://twitter.com/lesleyroyreal

I'm sure those aren't her legs in the photo though:

2015+Coachella+Valley+Music+Arts+Festival+B29vjhXamjHx.jpg

Waiting for your interpretations! What does the pink mean??

https://twitter.com/McMahonPhilly/status/1230604682403471360

Maybe?!?!?!?

flavia-2018-cr-Basil-Mironer-billboard-1548.jpg

Here's the smoking gun:

I found the floral socks in the 8 leg photo: Men's Monteverde Floral-printed Socks by California-based Stance. Popular among dancers.

m556a19mon-profile.jpg

Sold out if anyone's interested. :P

https://euro.stance.eu.com/products/monteverde

FLAVIA+Ireland for the win!!!

...though Wild Youth seem to have embraced pink too.

That guy on the left looks like the leggings type.

e4c306f9a49584780d93b76f7f9b96ac.jpg

Oh the suspense!!!

If Wild Youth could come up with something as catchy as Can't Move On, they'd get my vote.

If Wild Youth could come up with something as catchy as Can't Move On, they'd get my vote.

Big +1. I really liked Long Time No See last year too.

Are they LGBT though?

• Advertisement

Big +1. I really liked Long Time No See last year too.

Are they LGBT though?

Sadly I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,326 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The Plot thickens, 'Golden' has been released on New Zealand Itunes and is 3.08 Minutes long so with some slight trimming could easily be our entry. However, if the Lesley Roy rumours as songwriter and/or performer are true than 'Golden' is not our entry as she is not credited as a songwriter on it.

The Mirror is reporting that Lesley Roy is performer and songwriter but a 'Pop Banger' by a Rock Singer sounds odd and where does 2FM Rising come into play?

We'll just have to wait until RTE confirms who it is as these rumours are going round in circles.
    I wouldn't put too much faith in tabloid reporting...didn't the mirror or the sun say we were sending Niall Horan one year lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The UK’s reveal is on Thursday morning on BBC Radio 1 and 2.

The UK’s reveal is on Thursday morning on BBC Radio 1 and 2.

I wonder what our nearest neighbour is going to pull out of the hat this time, given they have so many world class artists they haven't exactly been covering themselves in glory in the last 20 years.

Ukraine have picked an ethnic number this year: Соловей (Nightingale) by Go_A

Nice addition to the mix we have so far.

Slovenia have picked Voda (Water) by Ana Soklič.

Strong singer but the song is about as flat as still water. I won't get out of Semi Final 1. One less country for Ireland to worry about in the group of death.

As expected, Alicja Szemplińska will be representating Poland. Her song was a surprise: Empires.

Seems like a talented singer that stirs emotions. With the right staging this will rise up the table.

Listened to a few songs Lithuania is odd but really catchy.
    Listened to Melodifestivalen entries...the dotter song is very strong looks like a clear winner to me

I wonder what our nearest neighbour is going to pull out of the hat this time, given they have so many world class artists they haven't exactly been covering themselves in glory in the last 20 years.
    The word is @ss not hat lol
    They have sent so much rubbish even compared to Ireland recently

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    What are you talking about?! :p

"Would Sir like something to suck on?"

Advertisement