Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

THREADS MERGED. CAN WE STICK WITH THIS MEGATHREAD PLEASE?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

bank is PTSB, whenever i top up my revolut now, it needs the text 6 digit code along with 3 random PAN code

kind of annoying, what was reason for this? assume its ptsb...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

You can now buy Dogecoin via Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

Tried to access my Revolut account on my iPad just now. It asked me to key in a code that was sent to my phone. When I did, an error message came up saying wrong phone or wrong code. I tried a second time with the same outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

BArra wrote: »
    bank is PTSB, whenever i top up my revolut now, it needs the text 6 digit code along with 3 random PAN code

I have to input a six digit text code when inputting from AIB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

BArra wrote: »

This is down to SCA (Strong Customer Authentication), I believe all online transactions above €150 now require this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

jakdublin wrote: »
    I have to input a six digit text code when inputting from AIB.
    Have had to do it for a while with AIB, but got a new card there as old one was expired, it doesn't and won't recognise Revolut. Even with 6 digit code it rejects it/unauthorised. 7 payments so far, I have had to ring up and go through their crap support every time. Twice I topped up double so I could go without having to top up for longer.

The support guy said it is just because it's a new card an doesn't recognise etc.. Still happening after a month and I have used Revolut more than any other service.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Craig_David

is it possible to see when your monthly free currency conversion limit rolls over to a new month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SourSessions

is it possible to see when your monthly free currency conversion limit rolls over to a new month?

Click your picture > Limits > Tap Currency Exchange and it will say limit refresh date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Not sure if right place to ask but is it safe investing in crypto for speculation, I know one doesn't hold coins in revolut etc, but can't be bothered to reg on some exchanges for 30e worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Concerned2

Just signed up to Revolut. I was given an IBAN starting with LT , I would have expected one starting with IE. Is it odd the IBAN is not for the county of residence I have given them ? Does it have any implications for transferring money to that account and then on or another Irish account ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Concerned2 wrote: »
    Just signed up to Revolut. I was given an IBAN starting with LT , I would have expected one starting with IE. Is it odd the IBAN is not for the county of residence I have given them ? Does it have any implications for transferring money to that account and then on or another Irish account ?

They're in the process of getting CBi approval, originally it started with GB bit after Brexit theybmoved to their existing Lithuanian one. Once CBi approval comes through it should change to an IE one.

Some places won't let you set up DDs with an 'foreign IBAN, plenty of examples here and the n26 thread even though technically its illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Hi, I need to top up revolut card, I usually use my debit card very easily but its not going through at all. I then tried with visa credit and same thing, not going through either. Both times saying to contact bank. Anyone any ideas, should I ring my bank tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

Birdsong wrote: »
    Hi, I need to top up revolut card, I usually use my debit card very easily but its not going through at all. I then tried with visa credit and same thing, not going through either. Both times saying to contact bank. Anyone any ideas, should I ring my bank tomorrow

Definitely sounds like something you should talk to your bank about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Birdsong wrote: »

Are you with KBC? I had this issue last week, they said it is a known problem, to delete my stored KBC card off the Revolut app and add it again. It works as normal since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Are you with KBC? I had this issue last week, they said it is a known problem, to delete my stored KBC card off the Revolut app and add it again. It works as normal since.
    Yeah I had this issue too with KBC, would ask for the pin which never got sent via text. Ended up just topping up via Google Pay instead

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chalicetree

Has anyone successfully changed to Energia with the Revolut 100 cashback plus €350 credit to use in their online smart home store?

I was almost through online and noticed that in the summary, it only mentions the €100 cashback and nothing about the €350. Rang Energia and the person I spoke with didn't really know much so wasn't a big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,352 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I keep getting a message saying there is a problem when trying to top up my Revolut card using googlepay (KBC card) anyone else having issues today?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Craig_David

Has anyone successfully changed to Energia with the Revolut 100 cashback plus €350 credit to use in their online smart home store?

I was almost through online and noticed that in the summary, it only mentions the €100 cashback and nothing about the €350. Rang Energia and the person I spoke with didn't really know much so wasn't a big help.

I would be wary of using the Revolut Reward offers.
    They continue to advertise offers that are no longer available.
    I tried to use the Bolt offer and was never credited back the 20% or whatever it was. Revolut were of no help and told me I had to contact Bolt directly, which I did.
    According to Bolt, the expiry date of the offer had long been reached.. But Revolut were continuing to advertise it. When i looked into the T&C of the offer on Revolut rewards, it doesnt mention any expiration date of the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chalicetree

I tried to use the Bolt offer and was never credited back the 20% or whatever it was. Revolut were of no help and told me I had to contact Bolt directly, which I did.
    According to Bolt, the expiry date of the offer had long been reached.. But Revolut were continuing to advertise it. When i looked into the T&C of the offer on Revolut rewards, it doesnt mention any expiration date of the offer.
    Thanks for that advice. That is worrying and now that I think of it, they never paid out on an ASOS reward for something I bought over 6 months ago. I think I'll go elsewhere because a year is a long time to be tied into something when the extra bonus is the only thing that makes it worth picking that particular deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Got a reward notification from them the other day for Reebok runners; looked to check it out in the app and there's no such offer there, just one for Nike. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Got a reward notification from them the other day for Reebok runners; looked to check it out in the app and there's no such offer there, just one for Nike. :confused:

Most of them offers are just cons, never work, just get you to sign up.but thats revolut for you bunch of con artists

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Anyone know why I'm unable to Send money to some of my Contacts on the Revolut app? These are people with Revolut and people that other Revolut app Users can send money too. They don't have the R icon on the Contact list in Revolut.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Thanks for that advice. That is worrying and now that I think of it, they never paid out on an ASOS reward for something I bought over 6 months ago. I think I'll go elsewhere because a year is a long time to be tied into something when the extra bonus is the only thing that makes it worth picking that particular deal.
    I'm owed a free euro cashback for an Easons purchase several months ago. No sign of it.

No such issue when making purchases on Easons (or elsewhere) using the SuperValu eShops portal. Points credited promptly.

Life's too short to be chasing these issues so I won't be partaking in any Revolut cashback offers again.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Anyone know why I'm unable to Send money to some of my Contacts on the Revolut app? These are people with Revolut and people that other Revolut app Users can send money too. They don't have the R icon on the Contact list in Revolut.
    Privacy setting on their accounts means they're not identified to you as being on Revolut until you send them a payment. You should still be able to send them a payment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Does anyone know what will happen to two Junior accounts on Premium/Plus if you downgrade to Standard (which can only have one)?
    Do you get the option to choose which Junior account to close or can one be moved to another parent's account?
    Can't find any reference to this question online and their help is painful...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Qgirl wrote: »
    Leave revolut and the like alone to avoid being scammed & ripped off.

Err ok, ill put up with **** service, fees and tech from irish legacy banks then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Thanks for the help, as some suspected I was KBC so I contacted them and I can transfer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I just bought something off ASOS through the revolut reward, and read the t&C's afterwards (smart, I know), and it only applies to deliveries in the UK. I was going to buy from ASOS anyway, so I'm not too bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Swapped phone there, and Revolut want me to take a selfie so that I will use it from now on to login.
    I can't pass it, I guess I can by downloading an older version, but will that eventually come back as normal with updates, or is that just because I am after changing phone?
    No option for fingerprint.

Advertisement