Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Spocker wrote: »
    I didn't think AIB had rolled out SEPA Instant yet, do you not mean its instant when you top up using your debit card?
    Yep, I could mean that.
    I use AIB internet banking. I usually have a fair amount of cash on a Thursday or Friday evening, and I deposit it into my AIB account through the post office. That takes an hour. Once in my AIB, I transfer it instantly to my Revolut. It might be that it's a linked bank account now that I think of it. I'm not sure. I only really use both for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Suckit wrote: »
    I have that with AIB

Do you mean that when you go into the AIB app, and do a transfer to your revolut IBAN, you get an instant notification from Revolut saying it's arrived? And if you then transfer it back to AIB, it instantly arrived back (I don't know if AIB donoush notifications for transfers in)?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

For the first since banking with Revolut (about 2 years) their security system blocked a direct debit today.

Got a text and email, went into app and unblocked it and the merchant sent a separate email saying payment 3as blocked and they will try again tomorrow.

If it get blocked again the insurance will be cancelled.

Anyone know why a direct debit that has been going out for at least a year would be flagged as suspicious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Buffman

Anyone know why a direct debit that has been going out for at least a year would be flagged as suspicious?

I'm getting requests to verify random routine transfers from last year. Revoult is slowly becoming more trouble than it's worth for me if they keep it up.

I actually wouldn't use it for any important direct debits now.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I broke the exchange threshold today for the first time ever. Stupidly exchanged about 200 euros into gpb instead of USD by mistake. It's like it's mocking me every time it shows the exchange fee now present :P

• Advertisement

Another 800 million raised for further development of thr company.

These investors don't invest for no return, they must see a profitable business there somewhere...

https://www.ifsc.ie/article.aspx?idnews=1009&source=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Do you use your debit card details to transfer the money to Revolut? If so this is using the Visa/Mastercard system to transfer the same way a normal debit card transaction would be processed by a shop/merchant

None of the retail banks in Ireland have implemented SEPA Instant payments as their systems are quite dated, the only 3 financial institutions in Ireland are Barclays Bank Ireland, PFS Card Services and SumUp Ireland. For SEPA Instant payments to work the banks on both sides of the transaction have to be members as it must be confirmed by the recieiving bank within 10 seconds

And now Revolut is valued at more than Natwest...

https://bbc.in/2UM6ZTh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭apache

Anyone else getting money transferred into your Revolut account from strangers not in your contacts?

I had to decline €850 the past few days. I accepted €100 last night out of pure frustration. Now I'm waiting for them to realise their mistake and to ask for it back.

This particular one tried to send me money three times. I kept on declining, then thought **** it.

I forgot all about it. Just remembered it now.

What would people do?

Post edited by apache on

• Advertisement

Revolut got in touch with me looking for €100 back.

Pain in the hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Anyone know how long it will take for delivery of the Standard card to arrive in Ireland.? I referred a friend and they ordered today, the estimated delivery date from Revolut is the 5th August, if they get it by the 4th and make 3 card transactions we will both get €20. It will be hard luck if we were to miss out on that.

Can they make the transactions with a virtual card or does it have to be the physical one?

Edit: I just checked, they can use the virtual one. They can just make three separate payments on a utility account or something, I did this before.

They sent me money 3 times using the virtual card, don't know if that will count.

Think it has to be a purchase on the card. Sending money is through the account rather than the card

Aw OK , thanks SourSessions, will tell them to try that.

It worked! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

anyone having problems topping up? mine is failing 3d security....worked fine up unitl this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just topped up there ok. From Ulster Bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I’ve been having trouble topping up with Apple Pay the last two or three weeks. It won’t work all day one day and then works fine the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Sono

Yes, my wife is all morning. She is with PTSB, did you get it sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Having same issue with PTSB, worked fine up to yesterday.

Yep same here. She would use it most weeks topping up by card and never any issue. Annoying!

Still not sorted.

Gonna try a de install of ptsb app

Still no joy after re installed app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I'm PTSB, my revolut app wont work since Sunday evening, had several attempts at topping up friday, eventually got it, but now its 2 days with no app, ive reloaded several times to no avail, im thinking after years of loving it, its time to call it a day,

Might be more of a problem with the ptsb app?

I asked my wife to try Google pay on revolut earlier to try and top up and she tells me ptsb don’t support this, so she has no way of using revolut at all, painful stuff

• Advertisement

Update, it appears to be working again with PTSB.

Advertisement