Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

The scam is the Mirror constantly using clickbait headlines to try and generate traffic on their site.

I'd never click on a Mirror link.

https://blog.revolut.com/how-to-spot-phone-or-text-message-scams/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New Revolut Chrome Extension

https://www.revolut.com/get-shopper-online-deals
    Our browser extension automatically finds you great discounts online and protects your details with single-use cards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Getting a little bit desperate for cash flow I assume that they had to introduce their own little "honey" extension to get that commission %.

But I guess the integrated virtual card number function is kind of neat, but otherwise this is a pure desperation because "Plus, get up to 42% cashback at select brands like Apple, Nike and Myprotein." is pure marketing.

Apple give you 4% , you are better off using EPP available via various other sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Somebody has sent me money that I have as a contact on my phone but have never sent or received anything through Revolut before. There is nothing showing on my app. Do I need to add them as a Revolut contact to receive it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭wandererz

What currency did they send it in?
    If it was in a foreign currency, change the currency account on your app and it should be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

wandererz wrote: »
    What currency did they send it in?
    If it was in a foreign currency, change the currency account on your app and it should be there.

It was paid in Euro. Nothing showing in other currencies. I'll double check with the sender It's my uncle who is using Revolut for only the 2nd time and is worried something might be amiss.

Update: All sorted. He sent a test payment of a €1 and then the original transaction showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Anyone noticed transfers to your Revolut account taking longer with the new Lithuanian IBAN? Transfers from my bank to the old UK one usually only took 24 hours, I transferred for the first time using the new one on Monday morning and it's still not gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

Anyone else not experiencing this issue? ... My card details are not displaying in the card tab. Simply still not load. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

JTMan wrote: »
    Anyone else not experiencing this issue? ... My card details are not displaying in the card tab. Simply still not load. Thanks.

Mine is working, but I had that happen once. But i just checked mine, tapped the eyeball icon and it asked for my fingerprint and then showed the numbers.

Update: my transfer came through now also, wahey!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Getting a little bit desperate for cash flow I assume that they had to introduce their own little "honey" extension to get that commission %.

But I guess the integrated virtual card number function is kind of neat, but otherwise this is a pure desperation because "Plus, get up to 42% cashback at select brands like Apple, Nike and Myprotein." is pure marketing.

Apple give you 4% , you are better off using EPP available via various other sources.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something but isn't 42% more than 4%?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Poncke wrote: »
    Maybe I am misunderstanding something but isn't 42% more than 4%?

It is, but the point is that the way they have worded this, is pure marketing.

Which of the 3 retailers mentioned gives any significant cashback?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭apache

I keep on getting payments into my Revolut account from people I don't know. :(

They are not in my contacts and I've never heard of them. I'm getting a bit worried now. It's usually a tenner here and there. Today I received €17.50. What could be going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

apache wrote: »
    I keep on getting payments into my Revolut account from people I don't know. :(

They are not in my contacts and I've never heard of them. I'm getting a bit worried now. It's usually a tenner here and there. Today I received €17.50. What could be going on?

Did you set up a username on it? If so, was it a username that would be ‘common’ or something like that.

Ie something like ‘JohnSmith’?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Did you set up a username on it? If so, was it a username that would be ‘common’ or something like that.

Ie something like ‘JohnSmith’?
    I did but no it's unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Are they leaving notes as to the reason of payment? When someone sends they do display their number I suppose you could message to ask . Hard to see if there's a scam, more likely they're paying someone and they've the wrong number

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Have you chatted to Revolut about it? Not much we can do.

Are they leaving notes as to the reason of payment? When someone sends they do display their number I suppose you could message to ask . Hard to see if there's a scam, more likely they're paying someone and they've the wrong number
    One time there was a note saying thank you and my name. I did think that maybe they had a digit wrong and were paying me in error but it's happening too often now.

Edit - I didn't see the Revolut megathread! I'm blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭TestLink

For the last 3 days, everyday around morning 3.06 am there is a payment request from Mbs Tech Limited for an amount of $197.94. Since I dont have any idea regarding buying anything for this amount and I contacted Revolut customer care and tried to get more information. I was told that the company seems to be in Hongkong and they are a Computer Software Store! Also I was told that they have another name called New York HK. I googled this and saw this is AliExpress payment gateway or something.

I have no idea who is this Mbs Tech Limited. As per my request Revolut blocked this company. Even after blocking they try attempt to get this $197.94 every day.

Do any one of you ever have an experience like this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Moved to Banking forum. Please note the new charter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Threads merged. Again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Just a quick question and it might be already answered or an update.

When I am in the app and request to show card details it used to prompt me for my TouchId in order to proceed with request.

I’m now prompted for my touchid and then further a 6 digit code sent to my mobile.

Is this something new to heighten their security?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Still the same for me, just redo touch ID to view card details

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭lordsheepface

PopTarts wrote: »
    Just a quick question and it might be already answered or an update.

When I am in the app and request to show card details it used to prompt me for my TouchId in order to proceed with request.

I’m now prompted for my touchid and then further a 6 digit code sent to my mobile.

Is this something new to heighten their security?

I notice this happens for a while after i reinstall the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Greenlights16

Can you withdraw cryptocurrency into your Revolut account in monetary form?

If you’ve say - $50-60,000 US dollars in a coin, ethereum for example...

I am doing my research this week on how to get it out of a “Wallet” app where I can see it, and get it physically into an account of mine.

It has been murmured about possible tax implications if a large sum of money appeared into my UK or irish bank account. That’s why I’m thinking Revolut would be better. Although this could flag as money laundering to Revolut too? Only other option I’ve heard of to escape tax is bank account in portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can you withdraw cryptocurrency into your Revolut account in monetary form?

If you’ve say - $50-60,000 US dollars in a coin, ethereum for example...

I am doing my research this week on how to get it out of a “Wallet” app where I can see it, and get it physically into an account of mine.

It has been murmured about possible tax implications if a large sum of money appeared into my UK or irish bank account. That’s why I’m thinking Revolut would be better. Although this could flag as money laundering to Revolut too? Only other option I’ve heard of to escape tax is bank account in portugal.

Revenue will already be getting a report from Revolut annually of all deposits held by Irish residents via their PPS number.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheFinanceGod

Here actually, I heard that on Revolut when buying crypto you don't actually buy the coins, Revolut just uses tokens that fluctuate with a real time exchange...

Anyone else heard of this? I've heard it from two different people now, who refused to buy crypto on Revolut because you don't actually OWN any of the "coins" you buy, only fluctuating tokens...

Interested to see if anyone else heard of this...

The crypto wasn’t bought through Revolut, it was bought elsewhere in a private exchange or something (I haven’t a clue) and the investing family member views it through a wallet app.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The crypto wasn’t bought through Revolut, it was bought elsewhere in a private exchange or something (I haven’t a clue) and the investing family member views it through a wallet app.
    Trying to dodge the 33% capital gains tax is tax evasion and will come back to bite them on the ass, sooner or later.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Here actually, I heard that on Revolut when buying crypto you don't actually buy the coins, Revolut just uses tokens that fluctuate with a real time exchange...

Anyone else heard of this? I've heard it from two different people now, who refused to buy crypto on Revolut because you don't actually OWN any of the "coins" you buy, only fluctuating tokens...

Interested to see if anyone else heard of this...
    Yes, that's true.

• Advertisement

It’s lower in the UK I believe, they aren’t tax resident in Ireland

Advertisement