Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SourSessions

adox wrote:
    €6 a month maintenance fee. Time for me to finally close my accounts with them.

I have to keep mine as it's the only bank in town with an external lodgement machine that I need access to. I use it so infrequently that this will triple how much I've been paying. 4 would have been much reasonable. :mad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,264 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Has anyone used Booking.com through Revolut to get 10% back?

Just wondering how long it takes to get the cashback credited to your account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Has anyone used Booking.com through Revolut to get 10% back?

Just wondering how long it takes to get the cashback credited to your account?

I'd expect it to be instant. Most visa that offer cashback are instant, my crypto.com 10% at Lidl is instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Rx713B wrote: »
    Lads -

Looking to purchase a motorbike this week and looking to revolut the amount to the guy selling it to me -

Any issue in doing this ?

The amount is 5k?

Thanks

Took a chance on it with a private purchase it worked transferred 5k from bank account to revolut and then revoluted 5k to seller - This was all completed within 3 minutes - just for reference

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

Standard account, paying into another country. It's one free and then 50c thereafter right?
    Exchange in 30 fiat currencies up to €1,000 per month without any hidden fees

Does this mean I can use contactless abroad up to 1k value for free? (or is there some fees, just not hidden?)

Does the 200 euro fee free atm withdrawal limit still count abroad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Cheerilee wrote: »
    Hello
    I need to send a small sum of money abroad asap,
    I dont have a Revolut account but the person (family member) can add money to their account on their revolut app using my visa debit card? Will this arrive in their Revolut account straight away and apparently when transferring money using a visa card you also need to give a post code, do I use my Eircode for that? if it takes longer than a day then ill just head down to a western union tomorrow but Revolut appears to be quicker I just dont know how long it will take for the money to appear in their account
    anyone any update?
    many thanks

Your family member can not add money to their account using YOUR debit card. They must use a card in the same name as their revolut account.

However as mentioned by carrotcake they can use the "request via link" function to send you a request for the amount whereby you can then enter your debit card info to complete the transaction online on your phone or computer without ever sharing your debit card details with anyone else (other than the revolut payment page).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I want someone to send me money to my Revolut. The person does not have Revolut. Can she just send a payment from her bank account to my Revolut if I send her my Revolut IBan. My Revolut iban starts with GB - Will this be a problem? Will she incur any extra charges?

I don’t want to send a payment link as I’m unsure of amount she will be sending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

PopTarts wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before.

I want someone to send me money to my Revolut. The person does not have Revolut. Can she just send a payment from her bank account to my Revolut if I send her my Revolut IBan. My Revolut iban starts with GB - Will this be a problem? Will she incur any extra charges?

I don’t want to send a payment link as I’m unsure of amount she will be sending.

No, you can only add accounts in your own name to your account. I'm pretty sure she can just Sepa transfer to your Revolut though

Get the person setup Revolut, it takes 5 minutes

No, you can only add accounts in your own name to your account. I'm pretty sure she can just Sepa transfer to your Revolut though

Get the person setup Revolut, it takes 5 minutes

Not sure what you are referring to but if the poster gives the person their iban then they can transfer money to their Revolut.

Anyone can send money from their bank account to your Revolut account using the iban it’s the same as any bank transfer. It won’t be instant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Revolut have a rewards program now.

30% discount on Reebok.

Other companies included are ASOS, MyProtein, M+M and many more.

This rewards program seems much better than any other atm.

Made use of this yesterday. MyProtein is a bit hit and miss, they always have discounts but always have the same exclusions too whereas Reebok seemed to be site wide.

Seems obvious but in case anyone else wondering, the discount doesn't appear automatically. It gets copied to your phone so you just need to paste it at checkout.

It says all this in the app of course but I didn't cop it at first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Mac-Chops wrote: »
    Made use of this yesterday. MyProtein is a bit hit and miss, they always have discounts but always have the same exclusions too whereas Reebok seemed to be site wide.

Seems obvious but in case anyone else wondering, the discount doesn't appear automatically. It gets copied to your phone so you just need to paste it at checkout.

It says all this in the app of course but I didn't cop it at first.

Didn't know that, thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know if transfers between N26 and Revolut and vice versa are part of the new SEPA instant transfers?

Presume instant transfers only work if you do during business hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Was instant for me, can't recall if it was outside business hours tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Anyone know if transfers between N26 and Revolut and vice versa are part of the new SEPA instant transfers?

It works 24/7 but the value date will be the next business day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Just did a test from revolut to N26. Instant, 11 at night.

PaulKK wrote: »

Thanks, was that a transfer or a top up using debit card as a matter of interest (dont think there are fees either way).

Thanks, was that a transfer or a top up using debit card as a matter of interest (dont think there are fees either way).

N26 charge for top ups via debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

SEPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Davexirl

PaulKK wrote: »

I did the same test, it was instant from Revolut to N26, I then did N26 to Revolut and it took 8-9 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Davexirl wrote: »
    I did the same test, it was instant from Revolut to N26, I then did N26 to Revolut and it took 8-9 hours.

Seems a bit pointless to transfer money from n26 to revolut like that. When top up is instant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Anyone notice Touch ID is no longer available on IOS after the latest update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Seems a bit pointless to transfer money from n26 to revolut like that. When top up is instant.

I was just checking if N26 had sepa instant transfer, sure your not always topping up your own account all the time, transferring to another person is where the sepa instant transfer comes in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Davexirl wrote: »
    I was just checking if N26 had sepa instant transfer, sure your not always topping up your own account all the time, transferring to another person is where the sepa instant transfer comes in handy.

N26 currently support only incoming SEPA instant transfers, not outgoing.

It is also mentioned on their website.

Thanks lads, have moved the last of my direct debits etc to Revolut, once my salary is changed over I'll be closing my BOI account.

Am only keeping my n26 account to take in my salary plus hold savings as it has the banking license where Revolut doesn't (yet). Only need to send money from n26 to Revolut once a month (on pay day), sounds like a top up using debit card will be fastest (instant).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thanks lads, have moved the last of my direct debits etc to Revolut, once my salary is changed over I'll be closing my BOI account.

Am only keeping my n26 account to take in my salary plus hold savings as it has the banking license where Revolut doesn't (yet). Only need to send money from n26 to Revolut once a month (on pay day), sounds like a top up using debit card will be fastest (instant).

Be aware that N26 charge 3% for debit card transfer. Could be quite costly if you are transferring your wages once a month.

SEPA while slower is free.

adox wrote: »
    Be aware that N26 charge 3% for debit card transfer. Could be quite costly if you are transferring your wages once a month.

SEPA while slower is free.

Oh i tbought that was if you were topping up your n26 account using a debit card, this would be me topping up my revolut using my n26 card.

Thought I did a top up of with a card a while back and didn't get a charge ....might need to rethink that, am only transferring my 'play money' to Revolut so not the whole lot.....dont want to pay a fee though, will have a think, the SEPA transfer might be OK if slower as am lucky enough not to be running that close to zero on payday.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Oh i tbought that was if you were topping up your n26 account using a debit card, this would be me topping up my revolut using my n26 card.
    That's correct, topping up Revolut with a debit card is free, N26 isn't. I think adox picked you up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Apologies, I got my wires crossed and was thinking the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

TheChizler wrote: »
    That's correct, topping up Revolut with a debit card is free, N26 isn't. I think adox picked you up wrong.

Topping up Revolut is free from a Debit Card and the just transfer to N26, no charge either side and its in your N26 in seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Sarn

Quintis wrote: »
    Anyone notice Touch ID is no longer available on IOS after the latest update?

Working fine here.

Advertisement